DDave

Pukkelpop 2019

4 hours ago, ThijsDB said:

52596086_10156047057254249_2349819312501424128_n.jpg

Cheers for that. As feared, doesn't look as impressive to me when it's laid out but it's still a very solid start. Looks like Prophets of Rage are subs then. Martin Solveig and Anne Marie are strangely in bolder font than most of the other names and the most surprising 'big font' name is Dermot Kennedy (edit - 6.7 million monthly listeners on Spotify says I'm wrong) 

No real weak day for me and there all fairly evenly balanced, Saturday being the favorite day so far, am already fearing some clashes on that day. Sunday looks a bit thin though so there should be plenty of Marquee names to come. Still hoping for Suede and New Order. 

Edited by DDave

5 hours ago, DDave said:

Cheers for that. As feared, doesn't look as impressive to me when it's laid out but it's still a very solid start. Looks like Prophets of Rage are subs then. Martin Solveig and Anne Marie are strangely in bolder font than most of the other names and the most surprising 'big font' name is Dermot Kennedy (edit - 6.7 million monthly listeners on Spotify says I'm wrong) 

No real weak day for me and there all fairly evenly balanced, Saturday being the favorite day so far, am already fearing some clashes on that day. Sunday looks a bit thin though so there should be plenty of Marquee names to come. Still hoping for Suede and New Order. 

New Order are playing RW aren't they? Doubt they'll be coming I'm afraid

33 minutes ago, Millar95 said:

New Order are playing RW aren't they? Doubt they'll be coming I'm afraid

I know. But often they tend to share a couple of acts and they're often announces quite late on. One can hope. 

52 minutes ago, DDave said:

I know. But often they tend to share a couple of acts and they're often announces quite late on. One can hope. 

Tend to be smaller acts than that though, don't they? I'd be happy to see New Order on the bill, but unfortunately can't see it. I'll join you in keeping the faith though!

Girlfriend failed to tell me its her sisters hen do that weekend...got excited for nothing !!!

4 minutes ago, pryce said:

Girlfriend failed to tell me its her sisters hen do that weekend...got excited for nothing !!!

go without her! 😛 

10 hours ago, Millar95 said:

Tend to be smaller acts than that though, don't they? I'd be happy to see New Order on the bill, but unfortunately can't see it. I'll join you in keeping the faith though!

Double post

Edited by DDave

2 minutes ago, gregory said:

go without her! 😛 

I am doing Download with the mates, promised I would do a fest with her....she wants Boardmasters........

I am going to keep the apartment I booked for Hasselt though as its free cancellation and see what my money situation looks like in a couple of months

9 minutes ago, pryce said:

In both cases you won't stay with her, so tell her you will stay at home watching football and go to PkP 🛫

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, DDave said:

Martin Solveig and Anne Marie are strangely in bolder font than most of the other names and the most surprising 'big font' name is Dermot Kennedy (edit - 6.7 million monthly listeners on Spotify says I'm wrong) 

I think that's just because the contract said so, nowadays it isn't out of the ordinary for a band to ask in contract to be written in a certain size or position on the poster.

On 2/22/2019 at 3:52 PM, SilverLining said:

Nice i just found a site map from last year, looks like they changed the system for wristbanding on one side of the road and turning round to join the queue at the other. Literally the only bad part of the festival as I was always arriving at peak times after getting up at 4am and flying then travelling to site.

Did they make it so once wristbanded you could head straight into chill? would be a class idea if so.

Excited to making it back to PKP after a year off festivals to focus on work, easily the best festival i have been to.

They had dozens of booths where you could turn in your ticket for a wristband. Once you got it, it was checked on your wrist on that same side of the road, than crossing the road, security check on the other side of the road and you were in. We arrived on thursday at around 14h00 and the whole process took less than 5 minutes.

If you missed last year, I can guarantee you that you will adore a new addition to the site: the beer shack. A great place to hang out when there is nothing interesting on stage (although that rarely happens, even in last year's edition which was one of the worst if not the worst ever according to lots of people - myself not included).

1 hour ago, Salva said:

They had dozens of booths where you could turn in your ticket for a wristband. Once you got it, it was checked on your wrist on that same side of the road, than crossing the road, security check on the other side of the road and you were in. We arrived on thursday at around 14h00 and the whole process took less than 5 minutes.

If you missed last year, I can guarantee you that you will adore a new addition to the site: the beer shack. A great place to hang out when there is nothing interesting on stage (although that rarely happens, even in last year's edition which was one of the worst if not the worst ever according to lots of people - myself not included).

Perfect sounds great!

I have one last Q for everyone (for now), I usually camp in chill but on two years with only one big downpour during the day we were feared for the tent and missed some acts we really wanted to see. This year we are looking at booking pre-made accom in relax. For a 4 bunk, shed thing it quotes 580euro, thats not per person is it? Also, I assume does not include combi. Emailed and messaged PKP a few days ago but heard nothing in return.

12 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

Perfect sounds great!

I have one last Q for everyone (for now), I usually camp in chill but on two years with only one big downpour during the day we were feared for the tent and missed some acts we really wanted to see. This year we are looking at booking pre-made accom in relax. For a 4 bunk, shed thing it quotes 580euro, thats not per person is it? Also, I assume does not include combi. Emailed and messaged PKP a few days ago but heard nothing in return.

That's 580 euro for the 4 and not including the combi ticket

Edited by DDave

24 minutes ago, Trufflehound said:

Tickets bought...

Combi: check! Vouchers for ...beers: check! FFWD to 15/08 please!! 😜 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SilverLining said:

Perfect sounds great!

It's 580 euro for 4 persons. You get a bunk that's lockable, it gives me a secure feeling when I'm at the festival area.

Remember that there are no bedlinnen or sleeping bags. Also no electricity. There's a private parking place.

Free wifi and lots of funny entertainment. And in the night it's quiet, so you don't wake up because the neighbors make noise.

The camping has now moved to a spot closer to the festival area.

And no, the festival combi isn't included.

Father John Misty probably ruled out, looking at his tour dates he announced today it will be very hard to play PKP between his other dates in Portugal and Green man. Too bad, since I really wanted to see him.

24 minutes ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Father John Misty probably ruled out, looking at his tour dates he announced today it will be very hard to play PKP between his other dates in Portugal and Green man. Too bad, since I really wanted to see him. 

Yeah, the 'indie' batch was actually the least satisfying one we've got (for me). Expected the likes of Father John Misty, Stereolab, Courtney Barnett, Mitski, Car Seat Headrest, Spiritualized, Patti Smith, Julien Baker, Deerhunter of Suede... Or at least some of them. Maybe we'll get some of those in a next batch.

1 hour ago, TomButler said:

What kind of bands do you think will be announced later? Hoping for some wolf alice/shame like acts 

I think Anderson Paak is certain. Does Shame tour in august? I would like to see them. 

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

I think Anderson Paak is certain. Does Shame tour in august? I would like to see them. 

Shame are indeed about in August. Not on their website but they are playing https://www.open-flair.de/2019/artists in Germany on the 11th August. They went down really, really well two years ago so hopefully they'll be on the bill. 

As for others, as DBS said, Anderson Paak is a certainty and will probably head the next lot of names. Really surprised Mitski wasn't in the first lot so can see her in the next batch and a lot of us have said Major Lazer for a while now. Wolf Alice haven't got anything on in August but that could change. Summer Sonic (Japan) has their next announcement is tomorrow (usually 2am our time) so will rule out a few names (doubtful Shame will be ruled out due to being at Fuji Rock) . Green Man's next lot will maybe throw some club/marquee/lift names up and we should be getting the second Lowlands announcement shortly too.  I'm hoping they'll book some more stuff from Paredes de Coura which is a solid indie line up. 

4 hours ago, DDave said:

I'm hoping they'll book some more stuff from Paredes de Coura which is a solid indie line up. 

I'm actually hoping they'll book some stuff from ArcTanGent. Last year PKP had 4 of their headliners, Shellac, H09909, LA Dispute and Glassjaw. So bring on Carpenter Brut, Daughters, Zeal and Ardor and Caspian.

• Upvote 1