Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

3 minutes ago, Semprini said:

As 'pop ' announcements go, today was pretty decent. Charli XCX and Anne Marie are harmless throw-away afternoon fun in the sun (like Dua Lipa last year), Martin Solvieg is cheesy but has a big back catalogue and there's definitely kudos in having a current Glastonbury headliner playing lower down your bill. Ezra Collective and Franc Moody sound interesting, Crystal Fighters are always good value and Jorja Smith is making lots of waves so plenty to check out. Happened to stumble across Kate Tempest a few years ago in the Castello and she was amazing so will try and see her again if timings permit.

Loving these daily announcements as it keeps the anticipation levels up as you've always got something to look forward to. Strategy is working really well so far as I can't remember a year when there's been so much positivity on Efests?!? Still time though for them to announce Placebo and Snow Patrol to give all the grumpy old men on here something to moan about :lol:  

Yeah, this package turned out better than expected. Loyle Carner is a lovely artist. 

13 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

I think there will be a big fish on Friday to start the ticket sales with a bang. 

The top line of the poster is currently very similar to LL so agree with you that they've got something different/bigger to come. 

Will definitely check out Loyle Carner as heard good things about him.  

Edited by Semprini

Todays predictions, assuming it's the boiler and dance hall stuff and not just DJ's - Modeselektor, Gorgon City (live), Solardo, Camelphat, Chase & Status (return 2 jungle), Etienne De Crecy (live), Amelie Lens, Mumbai Science, Sigma, Salvatore Ganacci, Dusky (live)

as usual - Hoping for Carl Cox!

Modeselektor I would be happy with, Gessefelstein but don't see him playing festivals this year, Brodinski, Black Madonna and Noisia (probably played last year...not going to check) all probs dance hall stuff to be fair

Edited by pryce

3 minutes ago, pryce said:

Modeselektor I would be happy with, Gessefelstein but don't see him playing festivals this year, Brodinski, Black Madonna and Noisia (probably played last year...not going to check) all probs dance hall stuff to be fair

Black Madonna & Noisia are good shouts, didn't play last year. Gessefelstein is playing Coachella.

30 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

?

Reassuring message Ken! If he’s not announced I will find a way to track you down and make you pay for playing with my emotions. ?

Seriously, I saw him perform in Bozar Brussels a couple of years ago and I was totally blown away. Now that I think of it, Modeselektor played after him that night and they were also outstanding.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Todays predictions, assuming it's the boiler and dance hall stuff and not just DJ's - Modeselektor, Gorgon City (live), Solardo, Camelphat, Chase & Status (return 2 jungle), Etienne De Crecy (live), Amelie Lens, Mumbai Science, Sigma, Salvatore Ganacci, Dusky (live)

as usual - Hoping for Carl Cox!

I would take that, I felt like last years line-up was too stacked with house and techno names which really made the line-up as a whole suffer. Variety is what attracts people to PKP imo.

We Are Electric, although in June, dumped loads of names today. Out of them I would take: The Chemical Brothers, Eric Prydz, Richie Hawtin - Close (although highly doubt this repeat so soon), Bicep, Wilkinson b2b Sub Focus, Caspa, Matrix & Futurebound. 

I can see Pendulum DJ set there again too.

3 minutes ago, SilverLining said:

I would take that, I felt like last years line-up was too stacked with house and techno names which really made the line-up as a whole suffer. Variety is what attracts people to PKP imo.

We Are Electric, although in June, dumped loads of names today. Out of them I would take: The Chemical Brothers, Eric Prydz, Richie Hawtin - Close (although highly doubt this repeat so soon), Bicep, Wilkinson b2b Sub Focus, Caspa, Matrix & Futurebound. 

I can see Pendulum DJ set there again too.

almost all of these names are already on the dour lineup

59 minutes ago, Salva said:

Reassuring message Ken! If he’s not announced I will find a way to track you down and make you pay for playing with my emotions. ?

Seriously, I saw him perform in Bozar Brussels a couple of years ago and I was totally blown away. Now that I think of it, Modeselektor played after him that night and they were also outstanding.

??

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Hoping for a bit of Synthwave in this batch of names. Other than that, not overly concerned. I'm guitars more than dance music, so hoping for some good indie bands to be added. 

Think maybe Hot Chip maybe the closest we get to an indie band today and I'd be well happy with that, tomorrow is going to be v.interesting.