Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

3 hours ago, Andrej said:

I think its very unlikely that the Foos will be at Frequency. That festival changed a lot, its mostly electronic music, modern urban stuff, very little guitars lately. If i am seeing the schedule right, FF will do Sziget - Pukkelpop - Glasgow.

Foos wont play Pukkelpop. I dont know why everybody is sure that they will be there, their schedule make it almost imposible.

39 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Foos wont play Pukkelpop. I dont know why everybody is sure that they will be there, their schedule make it almost imposible.

It's the lack of a Belgian date and the past history with the festival that steers me towards Pukkelpop, yes the schedule is tight but nothing a private jet won't sort out. If they are announced tomorrow for Frequency then we can probably rule them out.

First names for Frequency

DAYPARK: Swedish House Mafia * Macklemore * Twenty One Pilots * Prophets Of Rage * The Offspring * Sunrise Avenue * Alligatoah * Capital Bra * Billie Eilish * 187 Strassenbande *Trettmann * W&W * Nothing But Thieves * Ufo361 * Turbobier * Dynoro * Mavi Phoenix * Hugel* Yungblud * Drangsal * Sookee * Lotto Boyz

NIGHTPARK: Astrix * Gammer * Hedex * Neelix * Rudimental DJ * Salvatore Ganacci * SASASAS * Sub Focus DJ Set * The Prototypes * Tokyo Machine

Usual shite Frequency names (Macklemore playing 2 years in a row!) but bring on Prophets of Rage I say!

And NO Foos - we definitely have our first headliner. 

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dietediet said:

I could see TOP coheadlining with The National or Tame Impala. A combination of 2 acts falling just short of being a headliner on their own.

Yeah I'd go with that. Foos / TOP + Post Malone / Ed Sheeran is still what I'm going for, although Tame Impala or the National would be a lot more welcome (to me) than Post Malone

Highfield Festival in Germany should be announcing soon. Can see Prophets of Rage doing that and Frequency and Pukkelpop and maybe The Offspring doing the same although they played Highfield last year. I'd imagine Lowlands first names will be coming soon as well, should give us more of an insight although this is probably the edition where they share the least amount of bigger names in years.

19 hours ago, alan_ts said:

I'll go only for this hero

I'd say "italian pride" but he's from the Balkans, so I'd hold myself and just say:

BEST COCAINE TRIP EVER

(Minute 5,03: he realizes he is no longer in control of the situation

Minute 5,14: he shows how the situation fucked up)

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Small thing but they've updated their logo on Facebook. Could we be getting a pre-Xmas announcement? If not I reckon it may well be the earliest announcement yet given the names that are already out there.

I think we'll be getting their annual question for your 3 favorite acts soon but no names yet. 

If they ask, I'll choose for: Jon Hopkins, Tame Impala and The Streets. 

Fyi: I got 2 out of 3 last year with Shellac and Kiasmos. My 3rd choice was Jon Hopkins.

1 minute ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

I'd say "italian pride" but he's from the Balkans, so I'd hold myself and just say:

BEST COCAINE TRIP EVER

(Minute 5,03: he realizes he is no longer in control of the situation

Minute 5,14: he shows how the situation fucked up)

Guetta with more more drugs. 

Foo Fighters - Twenty One Pilots - The National - Tame Impala
Post Malone - Anderson .Paak - Franz Ferdinand - CHVRCHES
Prophets Of Rage - Angèle - Tom Odell - Tamino - Jorja Smith

Twenty One Pilots easily move 15/20k tickets (Paleis 12) so they'll most likely headline on their own, I think with some kind of dance/rap act behind them to close the day. Foo Fighters will close (cause I think it's the reasont they moved the festival) and I can see Tame Impala and The National co headline as TWOD and Arcade Fire did this year.

Prophets of Rage are playing the Thursday at Frequency so there's definitely a good chance they will be there, even if they are announced for Highfield, which you'd think they'd do the next day and then on to Pukkelpop or Lowlands (or both).

Friday -  Good Charlotte / Mike Shinoda / Chrvches / Twenty One Pilots / Foo Fighters

Saturday -   Sigrid / Prophets of Rage / Tame Impala or Vampire Weekend  /  The National / Post Malone

Sunday - The Offspring / The 1975 / Christine & The Queens / Ed Sheeran / Die Antwoord

You'd think that they would be putting TOP headlining outright but there's a lot of bands to choose from for Summer 2019 so you never know, they may go the same as R&L and put them as a strong sub like they did with Imagine Dragons. I still think Kasabian would be a decent sub for the Foos but doubt that will happen.

Bullet for My Valentine are doing some August festivals with The Offspring and Good Charlotte so maybe them for the Marquee rock night?

Also think that Lowlands will be getting Florence as one of their headliners that we won't have.

Edited by DDave

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

But there is no way that both Foos and Ed Sheeran are playing. We're talking about a festival that had the likes of Bastille, Oscar & The Wolf and Alt-J headlining in recent editions.

Admittedly you can probably drop some of the bigger names that I've mentioned if they do get booked but I don't see why it can't happen. Yes it was the year of the storm but they had The Foos and Eminem in the same year. I wouldn't bet against it personally (and I don't want either of them there)