Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

14 minutes ago, Echiham said:

This weather is making me doubtful about still going or not, also does anyone have any experience camping at the relax one? Since it's the one I'd most likely be staying at 

Was there in 2016 and it rained not massively but a bit on some evenings and the campsite was perfectly fine. It is well organised with the buses going to the site with them only turning off road onto metal tracks. There is a fair bit of gravel on the fest site itself and the indoor stages are floored. 

I’m psyched to get back to some cooler temps to be honest (Side note it’s more the IDLES set haha)

47 minutes ago, Echiham said:

This weather is making me doubtful about still going or not, also does anyone have any experience camping at the relax one? Since it's the one I'd most likely be staying at 

The only year its been anything like what we're forecasted for since I've been going was 2014 (I think) Can't say anything about the camping but the ground holds up really well (I'd gone out and bought some walking boots which I didn't really need in the end) and the extended Boulevard walkway will be a big help this year. Temperatures are still relatively warm and hopefully they'll be some gaps in the rain.

My advice.. go for it. 

Edited by DDave

On 8/9/2019 at 1:18 PM, DDave said:

Agh, think that Portland Marquee set might be a highlight. Don't want to start messing everyone around and changing the meet time but is anyone bothered about the Dermot Kennedy/Jeremy Zucker/Flohio slot at 17.40?

17.40 will be perfect for me too!
Sorry for the late reply

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

For those of you complaining the other day about Brass Against being moved into the vacant Club slot, we saw them last Saturday supporting Gogol Bordello at a tiny festival down the road from here and they were bloody good. Well worth checking out.

I'm only complaining because now they're clashing with Gossip and I wanted to see both.
I've never been to a Gossip concert...
Anyway, if they almost sold all the tickets (except for the friday ones) it have no sense for them to spend big money to fill the remaining gaps with great bands, so I'm not surprised about thes movements in the schedule. It looks like The Opposites are even bigger than any name I expect :)

10 hours ago, DDave said:

The only year its been anything like what we're forecasted for since I've been going was 2014 (I think) Can't say anything about the camping but the ground holds up really well (I'd gone out and bought some walking boots which I didn't really need in the end) and the extended Boulevard walkway will be a big help this year. Temperatures are still relatively warm and hopefully they'll be some gaps in the rain.

My advice.. go for it. 

camping too also holds up quite well, can get quite muddy but generally dries out about 10 mins after it stops raining

Almost on my way to Belgium. First two nights in Leuven to enjoy the atmosphere, food and drinks and the shops there.

Thursday we're traveling to Hasselt and we stay there at the camping Comfy site. 

We have a wooden cabin, so in case of rain we don't have to put up the tent in the rain.

It's a bit early, but everybody have a great and hopefully dry festival!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

camping too also holds up quite well, can get quite muddy but generally dries out about 10 mins after it stops raining

Only camped a couple of times in the past, but back when I did the only place it ever got muddy was around the wash basins - and that was due to the sinks getting blocked up with soap and toothpaste and overflowing.  The rain had little or no effect.

Main issue I've found with rain is when there's quite a bit in the run up to a festival. If the ground is already damp and it then rains when thousands of people are walking on it that's when it can become a mud bath. From what I've seen of the weather reports (but happy to stand corrected by any locals!), it's been fairly dry for the past couple of weeks so the ground should be firm. Most of the websites I've checked only show light rain or showers, with the exception of one that mentioned thunder storms, but they can't even completely agree on what days we'll even get rain.

Are the PKP DWNTWN shows are on that square behind the Holiday Inn? Remember years ago they had a stage there with some bands on the Weds night but wasn't connected to the festival itself. There's a new creative arts and culture venue in town called De Serre that has been hosting some of the DWNTWN stuff but not sure where exactly that venue is?

I hope that all of you will have a safe trip and a great festival experience.

We finally won't attend the festival this year because our daughter is just 1 year old, and my wife does not feel brave enought to leave her during 4 o 5 days and being so far away from Spain. I understand 100% her point of view.

So I am going to cancel our reservation in the HI Express hotel. If anyone it's interested, phone the hotel to try to get it just when I cancel it.

Dear friends... ENJOY PUKKELPOP!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Main issue I've found with rain is when there's quite a bit in the run up to a festival. If the ground is already damp and it then rains when thousands of people are walking on it that's when it can become a mud bath. From what I've seen of the weather reports (but happy to stand corrected by any locals!), it's been fairly dry for the past couple of weeks so the ground should be firm. Most of the websites I've checked only show light rain or showers, with the exception of one that mentioned thunder storms, but they can't even completely agree on what days we'll even get rain.

Are the PKP DWNTWN shows are on that square behind the Holiday Inn? Remember years ago they had a stage there with some bands on the Weds night but wasn't connected to the festival itself. There's a new creative arts and culture venue in town called De Serre that has been hosting some of the DWNTWN stuff but not sure where exactly that venue is?

It has poured yesterday, but the soil here has been dry because of the lack of rain in the past months (and even years). So the site and camping should do well generally. 

Saturday looks disastrous at the moment. 

17 minutes ago, Ale said:

I admire you will to go despite these horreoundous forecasts, maybe it's me that i'm old inside

The best festivals I went to were the rainy ones. Suffering together creates a bond. 

But except for the saturday, the forecast isn't that bad. Most stages are in tents, so that's helpfull too. 

On 8/12/2019 at 9:33 AM, DDave said:

Long time no see. You headed to Pukkelpop this year? 

Nope, though I gotta compliment them on their line up this year which seems to be more well rounded than the past few years (even with some cheap acts sprinkled in between).

39 minutes ago, Ale said:

I admire you will to go despite these horreoundous forecasts, maybe it's me that i'm old inside

I suffer sun ways more than rain and I'm literally running away from the 40 degrees we're having in Campania :D

Anyway let's hope it won't be raining too hard...

Major Lasers! @Semprini, you'll like this....

Thursday the 34th edition of Pukkelpop with 198 acts on 8 stages in Kiewit starts. Festival goers with a combi or a Friday ticket are already welcome on the festival meadow on Thursday evening. In addition, Pukkelpop is venturing into a world record attempt by placing 320 lasers in the Boiler Room. The organization announced this on Tuesday during the safety tour.

World record

Pukkelpop is launching a world record attempt this year with 320 lasers in the Boiler Room, which would be the largest laser show at an event. The current 'Guinness World Record' was established in the Las Vegas Convention Center in 2017 with 314 lasers.

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

I suffer sun ways more than rain and I'm literally running away from the 40 degrees we're having in Campania :D

Anyway let's hope it won't be raining too hard...

It’s proper handy for an afternoon tent siesta too. It’s not looking too bad really. Will just make sure I have some dry clothes to sleep and go home in. 

Since i’ve only done camping relax before. Do anyone know it would be sound to leave my chair outside in chill? It’s one of them ones that folds up diddy but takes a couple mins to go up and down. So I doubt I will be really arsed doing it at the end of each night. 

32 minutes ago, DDave said:

Major Lasers! @Semprini, you'll like this....

Thursday the 34th edition of Pukkelpop with 198 acts on 8 stages in Kiewit starts. Festival goers with a combi or a Friday ticket are already welcome on the festival meadow on Thursday evening. In addition, Pukkelpop is venturing into a world record attempt by placing 320 lasers in the Boiler Room. The organization announced this on Tuesday during the safety tour.

World record

Pukkelpop is launching a world record attempt this year with 320 lasers in the Boiler Room, which would be the largest laser show at an event. The current 'Guinness World Record' was established in the Las Vegas Convention Center in 2017 with 314 lasers.

This sounds great! I love a laser (or 320!). 

4 hours ago, johnybegood said:

I hope that all of you will have a safe trip and a great festival experience.

We finally won't attend the festival this year because our daughter is just 1 year old, and my wife does not feel brave enought to leave her during 4 o 5 days and being so far away from Spain. I understand 100% her point of view.

So I am going to cancel our reservation in the HI Express hotel. If anyone it's interested, phone the hotel to try to get it just when I cancel it.

Dear friends... ENJOY PUKKELPOP!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Will do Johnny! Sad to hear you're not going but we'll have a beer for you and your family. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DDave said:

https://www.her.ie/entertainment/dermot-kennedy-shares-health-update-cancelled-shows-everyones-talking-handwriting-476942

Instagram post says he's working to being back this weekend, sounds pretty painful. 

But why are you visiting www.her.ie? ?

A picture from the boiler. It looks smaller and more like the old-skool boiler. 

4478_WhatsApp-Image-2019-08-13-at-11.44.16.6a2098d2.jpg