Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

On 8/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, Death By Sexy said:

PKP DWNTWN is a new concept who will bring artists to the city center. 

The next artists will perform at Molenpoortplein between 10:00 and 14:00:

Friday ?? ????????
- SONS
- Equal Idiots

Saturday ?? ????????
- Ruby Grace
- Portland
- Brihang

https://www.hasselt.be/nl/PkPDWNTWN

Having looked I am non the wiser, where are Portland playing and at what time? They clash with the meet up, so thought I could catch them in town if they were playing early enough, else just abandon them in favour or fancy beers.

1 minute ago, TheNewUnion said:

Having looked I am non the wiser, where are Portland playing and at what time? They clash with the meet up, so thought I could catch them in town if they were playing early enough, else just abandon them in favour or fancy beers.

It's round the corner from the Holiday Inn (not the HI express) not sure about the time.

What times the meet up?, didn't realise it clashed with them on the Friday.

17 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

3.50pm on Friday in the PKP Cafe, Portland are on at 3.45 so the show in town on Saturday could be a go, depending on time.

Agh, think that Portland Marquee set might be a highlight. Don't want to start messing everyone around and changing the meet time but is anyone bothered about the Dermot Kennedy/Jeremy Zucker/Flohio slot at 17.40?

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 1

I’m happy with the 17.40 meet.

Only slight issue might be that the cafe gets busier as the day goes on so could be difficult to pick a specific spot beforehand. If the layout is the same then we met last year by the bottom of the stairs on the left as you face it. There’s a bar next to it so we shall say somewhere near there again? If it’s crazy busy then listen out for English accents!!

I’m guessing those of us who know each other will probably watch Stormzy together anyway so will head straight over after. 

Anyone else already looking at the schedule and thinking, ‘this time next week I’ll be standing in the (insert stage) watching (insert band)?’ Can’t wait to get stuck in now!!

Still no Dance Hall headliner for the Sunday, a week before the festival starts.

If there's nothing in the next few days, I think Tove Lo might be a shout. Standard 2 year interval, Playing Brussels Summer Festival on the Wednesday (and Norway in between), hence the possible late announcement and probably reasonably cheap. You could also say the same for Giorgio Moroder whose tour dates work better and is also playing Brussels, but I just can't see it personally. Tiga and Jess Glynne (not again surely!)  are playing Lokerse Feesten this weekend so could be other options.

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Still no Dance Hall headliner for the Sunday, a week before the festival starts.

If there's nothing in the next few days, I think Tove Lo might be a shout. Standard 2 year interval, Playing Brussels Summer Festival on the Wednesday (and Norway in between), hence the possible late announcement and probably reasonably cheap. You could also say the same for Giorgio Moroder whose tour dates work better and is also playing Brussels, but I just can't see it personally. Tiga and Jess Glynne (not again surely!)  are playing Lokerse Feesten this weekend so could be other options.

Charlotte De Witte is playing this evening at Lokerse Feesten, so....

Giorgio is not a Dance Hall name. I saw him in a venue, it was quite mediocre. 

Tove Lo and Tiga are good possibilities. 

Jess Glyne has canceled Lokerse Feesten. 

24 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

Charlotte De Witte is playing this evening at Lokerse Feesten, so....

Giorgio is not a Dance Hall name. I saw him in a venue, it was quite mediocre. 

Tove Lo and Tiga are good possibilities. 

Jess Glyne has canceled Lokerse Feesten. 

CDW is in Croatia on the Sunday, first thing I checked ?

Tove Lo, Tiga, Juicewrld or Nao, can't see past those 4 acts at the moment from what's about. Doubt it's going to be anyone big at this stage.

Dermot Kennedy might be a cancellation. He's had voice problems since just before Kendal Calling and cancelled shows this weekend. Plus his website has no shows until October. 

http://haldernpop.com/36-haldern-pop-festival-2019-absage-dermot-kennedy-und-flamingods/

Alison Wonderland has cancelled her show at Frequency the day after so probably another cancellation there as well. 

Edited by DDave

Bit late to the conversation, but 17.40 meet up works for us too.

For those of you complaining the other day about Brass Against being moved into the vacant Club slot, we saw them last Saturday supporting Gogol Bordello at a tiny festival down the road from here and they were bloody good. Well worth checking out.

Mind you, like everyone else I would also have much preferred them to get Fontaines DC in to fill the gap...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Have you been to that stage before? It's a stage where a lot of subdued, more 'quiet', more alternative acts are playing. Not a party tent.

I've been going to Pukkelpop since 1990, long before the Club existed. Probably seen 250+ acts on that stage since it arrived. Perhaps one third of those I would describe as 'quiet'... Only a handful were 'subdued'...

Edit: Think you may be getting confused with the Castello, which is more subdued.

Edited by Trufflehound

4 hours ago, DDave said:

The Opposites close the Dance Hall. 

New one on me, never heard of them. 

Edit - Dutch rap group, i.e. Cheap as chips. 

They've played at least once, maybe twice, before (can't remember which years?) but were always fairly low down on the bill. Kind of glad it's no one I'm interested in as definitely want to see Pan Pot in the Boiler.

I've not listened to much of his music but Lowlands had a couple of cancellations and got grime rapper Dave in as replacement. Saw a bit of his show from Glastonbury (not just that track he did with that lad from the crowd) and the atmosphere was really good. He's a pretty big name this side of the water but perhaps the Opposites are bigger in Belgium?

Haven't seen any pictures from the site yet but it must be pretty much finished now. I leave Wednesday evening but got a couple of friends who are heading over tomorrow. Countdown is definitely on now!!

Opposites is pretty big in Belgium and the Netherlands. They performed in 2013 in the Dancehall and the tent was overcrowded. Even outside the tent many people queued up to catch a glimpse of them. To name them a small band isn't right. But I have to be honest that I'm going to the Marquee to see the National.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Otto77 said:

Opposites is pretty big in Belgium and the Netherlands. They performed in 2013 in the Dancehall and the tent was overcrowded. Even outside the tent many people queued up to catch a glimpse of them. To name them a small band isn't right. But I have to be honest that I'm going to the Marquee to see the National.

Looks like fun, should go down well.