Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

22 hours ago, Trufflehound said:

Get off in Diest, go to the main square and go to the Biertempel (Grote Markt 11 - biertempel.be) - there's a clue in the name...

If that doesn't appeal there are other places on the square.

Just taken a look and this looks perfect, cheers.  Might be worse for wear by the time we get to Hasselt.   Are you getting there on Thursday night?   

PKP DWNTWN is a new concept who will bring artists to the city center. 

The next artists will perform at Molenpoortplein between 10:00 and 14:00:

Friday ?? ????????
- SONS
- Equal Idiots

Saturday ?? ????????
- Ruby Grace
- Portland
- Brihang

https://www.hasselt.be/nl/PkPDWNTWN

Edited by Death By Sexy

Hello I'm thinking about going to PP for the first time and I have some questions hopefully someone can help!

My first question is, is it possible to use IDEAL as a payment method on the festival grounds to buy tokens and such? so like a dutch bank card.

Second question. What's the easiest way to get there coming from the Netherlands? Does the festival ticket work the same as Rock Werchter's where I wouldn't have to pay to use the train within Belgium?

4 hours ago, Echiham said:

Hello I'm thinking about going to PP for the first time and I have some questions hopefully someone can help!

My first question is, is it possible to use IDEAL as a payment method on the festival grounds to buy tokens and such? so like a dutch bank card.

Second question. What's the easiest way to get there coming from the Netherlands? Does the festival ticket work the same as Rock Werchter's where I wouldn't have to pay to use the train within Belgium?

Not sure about the card, best emailing info@pukkelpop.be

As for the train, yes a return train ticket is included with your festival ticket. 

A week to go! 

6 hours ago, Echiham said:

You can use your normal bankcard from the Netherlands. I use my card from the Rabobank.
I used to ga by train, but now I'm going by car. 

From Arnhem the journey is two hours longer bij train, but it's a pleasant journey where you already meet people who are also going to Pukkelpop.

Hi everyone, 

Been reading the forum for a while now :)

I just received a ticket froma  friend who can't go. is it really necessary to change the names on the tickets or not? it's more than 10 quid to change... do I take the risk or change the name on it?

Thanks a lot!!

Just now, Jerome said:

Hi everyone, 

Been reading the forum for a while now :)

I just received a ticket froma  friend who can't go. is it really necessary to change the names on the tickets or not? it's more than 10 quid to change... do I take the risk or change the name on it?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi Jerome

They do check ID on the gate so worth using the exchange service and get the name changed over

Enjoy!

16 minutes ago, Stef_P82 said:

Is it me, or is the map of the festival grounds not out yet? Would love to see how they arrange everything this year.

Nope, no map yet. Maybe today along with the last names ;) 

Castello and Club will take each other's position, Boiler and Dance Hall will be opposite of each other.

I have'nt heard anything about the Cook Pit, so this will disappear I think. 

I finally make up my mind and i decided to go if tickets won't sell out in these days

I will spent 20 hours on flixbus from milan because flights are too expensive (only from milan to bruxelles, not from bruxelles to milan) but these are what my twenties are made for i guess

A little worried for the weather, but i see that yes there is rain but only light rain i hope there won't be thunderstorms or pouring rain

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ale said:

I finally make up my mind and i decided to go if tickets won't sell out in these days

I will spent 20 hours on flixbus from milan because flights are too expensive (only from milan to bruxelles, not from bruxelles to milan) but these are what my twenties are made for i guess

A little worried for the weather, but i see that yes there is rain but only light rain i hope there won't be thunderstorms or pouring rain

Have you tried Milan to Charleroi? 

49 minutes ago, Ale said:

If you are at least in three I suggest car. It could be a little difficult but surely cheap and you avoid all the buses/trains etc. 

I went in 2013 with a van and it was about 13 hours (from Milan less than 10). By plane it have would be about 2 hours to the airport, 1,5 hours to Bruxelles/Charleroi and then other 2 hours to Hasselt + a couple of hours waiting in airport/train station = at least 7 hours. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Have you tried Milan to Charleroi? 

yes but unfortunately next week in italy the 15th is bank holiday so prices for all week are so high even for low cost, i even tried eindhoven

Edited by Ale

34 minutes ago, Ale said:

yes but unfortunately next week in italy the 15th is bank holiday so prices for all week are so high even for low cost, i even tried eindhoven

Remember, trains are included with the ticket only in Belgium. 

2 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Remember, trains are included with the ticket only in Belgium. 

Thanks, actually i m already changing my idea even because i would be alone this time, plus 200 euros for this line up seem a bit much, with 150 at nos last year you could have seen  a much better line up

- Sunday and combi will probably sell out next week 

- "Putting a decent program together is difficult. There are the youngsters, who is our target audience number one, but also an older generation who already visits the festival for years. This year we have tried to appease the older generation more. We haven't booked the very big names, but the headliners are PKP-worthy."

- Billie Eilish was already booked in September. 

https://www.tvl.be/nieuws/pukkelpop-voor-het-eerst-in-jaren-uitverkocht-82751

EDIT: Chokri mentioned the ticket sales are the best in years. But wasn't it sold out in 2017?

Edited by Death By Sexy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

- Sunday and combi will probably sell out next week 

- "Putting a decent program together is difficult. There are the youngsters, who is our target audience number one, but also an older generation who already visits the festival for years. This year we have tried to appease the older generation more."

- Billie Eilish was already booked in September. 

https://www.tvl.be/nieuws/pukkelpop-voor-het-eerst-in-jaren-uitverkocht-82751

Thanks for that. That bit about appeasing the older generation bodes well for future editions if it's been the best year for ticket sales for a while. I've always maintained that the youngsters will go regardless, it's the oldies whose choice to go or not is more dependent on the line up and they're the ones who spend the most and drink the most beer.

• Upvote 1

Tried to zoom in on the map on phone and laptop but the picture goes all blurry.

Few observations: Booth is in a slightly different place and there looks to be some kind of dance and/or chill out area next to the Boiler. Think we knew this anyway but there's a video screen outside the Dance Hall (as well as the Marquee). Can't make out what it is in the bottom left hand corner of the site where the cook pit was?

I know it's not to scale but Marquee looks bigger than than last year which is good - wonder what all those bits coming off it are? Don't think they're ropes or anything that helps to secure it? Looks to be podiums of some sort outside the Boiler. Wonder why the Club is a different colour to the rest? Pretty sure I've seen some pictures from the site and the Lift is the same black tent as last year but it's white on the map?

2 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Tried to zoom in on the map on phone and laptop but the picture goes all blurry.

Few observations: Booth is in a slightly different place and there looks to be some kind of dance and/or chill out area next to the Boiler. Think we knew this anyway but there's a video screen outside the Dance Hall (as well as the Marquee). Can't make out what it is in the bottom left hand corner of the site where the cook pit was?

I know it's not to scale but Marquee looks bigger than than last year which is good - wonder what all those bits coming off it are? Don't think they're ropes or anything that helps to secure it? Looks to be podiums of some sort outside the Boiler. Wonder why the Club is a different colour to the rest? Pretty sure I've seen some pictures from the site and the Lift is the same black tent as last year but it's white on the map?

All the tents are white this year, except for the Club.