Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

With DaBaby cancelling I can see them booking a fairly big rap artist from the Lowlands line-up to fill the gap of the closing act in the dance hall on sunday. Juicewrld? Lil Uzi Vert?

The initiative of the National seems nice if true fan favourites make the list. Which songs would you pick?

10 hours ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

With DaBaby cancelling I can see them booking a fairly big rap artist from the Lowlands line-up to fill the gap of the closing act in the dance hall on sunday. Juicewrld? Lil Uzi Vert?

The initiative of the National seems nice if true fan favourites make the list. Which songs would you pick?

Lil Uzi Vert is cancelling all his dates in Europe. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Death By Sexy said:

Lil Uzi Vert is cancelling all his dates in Europe. 

Was playing the Sunday at Lowlands anyway. Juicewrld looks the most likely from what's around and looking at the rest of the Dance Halls programming that day. Depends how much they want to spend, bearing in mind I reckon they must have spent most of Good Charlotte's fee on renegotiating Billie Eilishs move to the main stage. 

How we looking weather wise? Debating if I should bring my walking boots. On the plus side I have rarely seen it muddy enough for wellies (storm year aside) but wonder if trainers will get trashed if the local forecasters are predicting biblical downpours.

Also, still agonising over the Tame Impala/Frank Turner/Hot Chip clash. Leaning to Frank at the moment as I have seen Tame Impala a couple of times in the past. But Hot Chip would be a great choice too

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

How we looking weather wise? Debating if I should bring my walking boots. On the plus side I have rarely seen it muddy enough for wellies (storm year aside) but wonder if trainers will get trashed if the local forecasters are predicting biblical downpours.

Also, still agonising over the Tame Impala/Frank Turner/Hot Chip clash. Leaning to Frank at the moment as I have seen Tame Impala a couple of times in the past. But Hot Chip would be a great choice too

Only ever bought walking shoes once and felt like a dick because I really didn't need them (2015 I think). You'll be fine with trainers id have thought. 

Still sticking with my Tame Impala/Hot Chip/Tame Impala set up for now. 

1 hour ago, TheNewUnion said:

Think it's 10:15am Brussels Air from Manchester. Somewhere around that time anyway. Thursday morning. 

We're on the 7.50 to Charleroi so should be in Brussels for about 11.15. We usually stop off somewhere like Leuven on the train on the way for lunch and a pint but might just head straight to Hasselt this year. 

2 minutes ago, DDave said:

Saturday close to selling out. 

Friday the weakest day again, seems like acts like Post Malone and Travis Scott just ain't ticket shifters.

Saturday is by far the best day. Tame Impala vs. Hot Chip vs. Frank Turner vs. Stephan Bodzin vs. Paul Kalkbrenner.... The evening is stacked. 

On 8/3/2019 at 11:22 PM, DDave said:

We're on the 7.50 to Charleroi so should be in Brussels for about 11.15. We usually stop off somewhere like Leuven on the train on the way for lunch and a pint but might just head straight to Hasselt this year. 

Can any locals recommend somewhere decent to stop on the trainline between Brussels and Hasselt, just looking for somewhere to have a few beers and lunch Belgium stylee (not Leuven as have been there).  Cheers

First time going to PP and wondering what the localish area is like?

Where possible at festivals we like to go to the nearest local shop and stack up on booze and quick food to save a bit of cash? Any local shops nearby to the site?

I know we get free travel included throughout the week with the ticket so wouldn't be too much of a hindrance if there is not anything nearby.

15 minutes ago, JamesT170 said:

First time going to PP and wondering what the localish area is like?

Where possible at festivals we like to go to the nearest local shop and stack up on booze and quick food to save a bit of cash? Any local shops nearby to the site?

I know we get free travel included throughout the week with the ticket so wouldn't be too much of a hindrance if there is not anything nearby.

There's a SPAR i believe not to far away from the campsite.

The local area is mainly residential. The good thing about PP is that a lot of local residents open their front gardens out as food & beer stalls, you can get snacks from them much cheaper than you can inside the festival. 

If you get time I'd always recommend heading down to Hasselt (20 mins on the shuttle bus) it's great place to grab a beer and break the weekend up.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjimmy4080 said:

Can any locals recommend somewhere decent to stop on the trainline between Brussels and Hasselt, just looking for somewhere to have a few beers and lunch Belgium stylee (not Leuven as have been there).  Cheers

Get off in Diest, go to the main square and go to the Biertempel (Grote Markt 11 - biertempel.be) - there's a clue in the name...

If that doesn't appeal there are other places on the square.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

The weather isn't looking good, but I have rather this than 30 degrees. 

I'll be at the efest meeting @ Friday by the way. 

Screenshot_20190805_184513.jpg

I'm hoping for 30 degree heat, had enough of the rain in this country, well the North of it anyway.

See you at the meet!