Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

Friend who lives locally just posted some pictures from the site:

Image may contain: sky, cloud, bridge and outdoor

Image may contain: cloud, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

Image may contain: cloud, sky and outdoor

Guessing that's the Lift in the first picture but looks pretty small? Can also see the Castello at the back of the second picture (if that's where it's moved to?). Marquee is on the left and pretty sure that's the Dance Hall on the right of the third picture. Most interesting though is the last picture as there's a tent in the middle at the back but that's towards where the Main is? It's difficult to get a proper perspective of the positioning though but sure all will become clear soon!

Think we'll have to get the last names this week as there's promotional materials, press things etc they have to confirm and send to print so the line up will have to be completed. 

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

Friend who lives locally just posted some pictures from the site:

Guessing that's the Lift in the first picture but looks pretty small? Can also see the Castello at the back of the second picture (if that's where it's moved to?). Marquee is on the left and pretty sure that's the Dance Hall on the right of the third picture. Most interesting though is the last picture as there's a tent in the middle at the back but that's towards where the Main is? It's difficult to get a proper perspective of the positioning though but sure all will become clear soon!

Think we'll have to get the last names this week as there's promotional materials, press things etc they have to confirm and send to print so the line up will have to be completed. 

They're still building the Lift, It will be the same as last year I think.

yes, that's the Castello.

The tent in the last picture you are mentioning is for the crew.

We went backstage last year for the tour but don't remember seeing that tent. There's a VIP section to the left of the Main as you face it so it might be part of that.

Just ordered my combi so that's pretty much everything sorted now! Good news for them that it's close to selling out (except for Friday). Don't think the line up is significantly weaker compared to the other two days (for the average PKP goer) but maybe as Friday is now the only 'work' day that's a factor?

1 hour ago, Semprini said:

We went backstage last year for the tour but don't remember seeing that tent. There's a VIP section to the left of the Main as you face it so it might be part of that.

Just ordered my combi so that's pretty much everything sorted now! Good news for them that it's close to selling out (except for Friday). Don't think the line up is significantly weaker compared to the other two days (for the average PKP goer) but maybe as Friday is now the only 'work' day that's a factor?

It's bank holiday at Thursday, few people work at Friday. Friday is quite good, but mainly because of the smaller bands on the smaller stages. Main Stage is so-so and the Boiler Room line-up is bad. Castello, Club and Lift are excellent though. 

17 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

It's bank holiday at Thursday, few people work at Friday. Friday is quite good, but mainly because of the smaller bands on the smaller stages. Main Stage is so-so and the Boiler Room line-up is bad. Castello, Club and Lift are excellent though. 

I agree with you: friday has a very good undercard but, even if PKP always bets on multitude and differencies more than on big names, Mura Masa + Post Malone + Martin Solveig is clearly a weak main stage for a big international festival and the day tickets not selling out are confirming that.

On 7/24/2019 at 6:11 PM, DDave said:

The line up has been shuffled about so we're not getting the Sunday Marquee name that we thought we were. Everyone has been pushed down a slot. They did something similar last year which is a bit shite. There's a spot free in the Castello now so I'm assuming they've moved someone to the Dance Hall. (Edit - It's Tommy Genesis)

Still looking likely to get a Billie Eilish replacement for the Sunday Dance Hall slot. 

So we had:

- (on june the 13th) a timetable with some holes letting us hope on a final batch of names;

- (on july the 1st) a final poster (with no "more names to follow" written) and still the same timetable;

- two bands canceled during july and not replaced;

- (three weeks before the festival start) some movings in the timetable still leaving two empty afternoon slots and the Dance Hall closing at 8.30 pm on Sunday.

Now that we have only two weeks left and an almost sold out festival, I don't know if we'd expect some new names, but I still find all this a little bit strange anyway.

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Almost sold out? Only the combi tickets are 'almost sold out'. I'm pretty sure they won't even sell out a day... Don't let them trick you with that classic 'hurry up, tickets going fast' trick.

I won't, I already have my combi ?

I was just trying to understand why they're acting this way 

25 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

So we had:

- (on june the 13th) a timetable with some holes letting us hope on a final batch of names;

- (on july the 1st) a final poster (with no "more names to follow" written) and still the same timetable;

- (three weeks before the festival start) some movings in the timetable still leaving two empty afternoon slots and the Dance Hall closing at 8.30 pm on Sunday.

Now that we have only two weeks left and an almost sold out festival, I don't know if we'd expect some new names, but I still find all this a little bit strange anyway.

Just a detail, but I think there will be also a Dance Hall opener for Friday among the few new names. 

36 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

So we had:

They have plenty of form for either not replacing an act or replacing them with someone a lot cheaper so I wouldn't expect much more. From their point of view, if tickets sales are good then what's the point?

We still have the afternoon Club slot on the Saturday to fill along with the Dance Hall closing spot and early afternoon Castello slot. Possibly a Dance Hall opener on the Friday too?

Wouldn't really get your hopes up for the remaining slots, Dance Hall closer will probably be some shite DJ with something daft on his head and the others you'll probably never have heard of. Fontaines DC is probably the best we'll get at this stage.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

They have plenty of form for either not replacing an act or replacing them with someone a lot cheaper so I wouldn't expect much more. From their point of view, if tickets sales are good then what's the point?

We still have the afternoon Club slot on the Saturday to fill along with the Dance Hall closing spot and early afternoon Castello slot. Possibly a Dance Hall opener on the Friday too?

Wouldn't really get your hopes up for the remaining slots, Dance Hall closer will probably be some shite DJ with something daft on his head and the others you'll probably never have heard of. Fontaines DC is probably the best we'll get at this stage.

Sure, I don't have great expectations for new good names and IMO the line-up is already really good.

I was wondering if, at this point, we should expect new names at all. In any case, those few empty slots 2 weeks before the festival and after 2 months spent without any announcement and 1 month with a final(?) poster out look strange to me.

I was trying to see the strategy behind this ?

Edited by gigi21

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

Sure, I don't have great expectations for new good names and IMO the line-up is already really good.

I was wondering if, at this point, we should expect new names at all. In any case, those few empty slots 2 weeks before the festival and after 2 months spent without any announcement and 1 month with a final(?) poster out look strange to me.

I was trying to see the strategy behind this ?

It's always nice to throw in a few names towards the start of a festival. They're probably waiting on any more potential cancellations before giving us the last names.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, DDave said:

So you're confirming Daft Punk?

My expectations aren't high, but last year they announced ho99o9 and Papa Roach last-minute, so there could be something sweet in the last batch. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

So you're confirming Daft Punk?

My expectations aren't high, but last year they announced ho99o9 and Papa Roach last-minute, so there could be something sweet in the last batch. 

I just checked: the last batch of names for PKP18 has been announced on August 1st, so we could be very close to something similar...

9 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

More info surfaced on the two The National sets: On Friday they will play a regular setlist, mainly promoting their new album. On Sunday they will play a setlist compiled by the fans through an online poll

Poll can be found over here: https://stubru.be/pukkelpop/kiesdesetlistvanthenationaloppukkelpop

I'm afraid that the Marquee will be crazily packed on Sunday, even if they announce a huge Dance Hall closer (and I don't believe they will).