Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

7 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

Yes, they said it in an interview. The wooden Boulevard will be longer now. It will reach the Booth. 

The Dance Hall and Boiler would be each at one side of the Boulevard. They literally said they will be opposite of each other.

Maybe something like this?

It seems like the Dance Hall or Boiler will be built next. I'll keep an eye out. 

pkp2019.jpg

Thanks mate. 

Think you could be right with the layout, can only see them being opposite each other if they are turned around. Gonna be weird after all these years. 

9 hours ago, DDave said:

Thanks mate. 

Think you could be right with the layout, can only see them being opposite each other if they are turned around. Gonna be weird after all these years. 

I was thinking, maybe they have moved the Club to avoid the noise of the "Dance"-tents? 

Last year's location of the Castello is a quieter place on the festival, so it is more fitting for acts like Big Thief. 

Hello all,

one of my friends has made an arse of it and booked relax camping by accident despite 6+ of us camping in chill. I can see ticketswap doesn't support buying/selling for PKP, does anyone know the best bet for attempting to get them into camping chill now?

we have flights/tickets etc all booked.

Edited by SilverLining

3 hours ago, SilverLining said:

Hello all,

one of my friends has made an arse of it and booked relax camping by accident despite 6+ of us camping in chill. I can see ticketswap doesn't support buying/selling for PKP, does anyone know the best bet for attempting to get them into camping chill now?

I think this will be a difficult one. The official exchange service of pkp won't buy and sell camping Chill tickets I think. It was never possible to change from Relax to Chill, even if a lot of people changed from Chill to Relax.... The only option would be to keep an eye out on social media and second hand sites (e.g www.2dehands.be) 

My schedule

Need some help at the clashes (in red)

Thursday

Gestapo Knallmuzik

Boiler Boys

Nadiem Shah

Bizzey Iconic Show

Tofec

Heideroosjes

TLP

Black Box Revelation

Friday

The Marquee Orchestra

Eefje De Visser

Nilufer Yanya

Inhaler

Frank Carter

Big Thief

Dermot Kennedy vs Flohio

Prospa vs. Yves Tumor vs. Sharon Van Etten

Loyle Carner

Raketkanon

Avalon Emerson (22:00-23:00)

Jon Hopkins

The National

Agoria

Saturday

PUP

Brass Against

Evil Invaders

Compact Disk Dummies vs. Life

Mini Mansions vs. Channel Tres 

Cammo & Crooked

Pond

Mike D vs. Skeggs

Ross From Friends (depends on the replacement for Code Orange)

The Subs vs. Cocaine Piss

Brutus vs. Honey Dijon

The Chats

Royal Blood

The Streets

Tame Impala

Sunday (weakest day for me)

Pennywise

Ata Kak

M&T

Macky Gee

CMC

Anderson Paak

Camelphat

Prophets of Rage

Pan Pot

Amelie Lens

Thanks for all the updates from the site @Death By Sexy, it's always nice to know what's going on with the build. Bit of a pain if they have moved the Castello behind the Marquee as it takes ages to walk there from the Booth/Boiler/Dance Hall (well it feels like ages when it's late at night and I'm smashed!!).

As for your schedule, there's quite a bit of overlap with mine (mostly the dance stuff) so we'll have to get together for a few beers but to watch some bands/DJs this time. I'm definitely doing Prospa on Friday but I've seen that SVE has been getting rave reviews all summer. Probably splitting my time between Honey Dijon and Parcels on Saturday and I'm seeing other things during the rest of the clashes you've highlighted so can't help there.

Be great to organise an Efests meet again so I'm provisionally proposing around 3.50pm on Friday in the PKP Cafe. I've got a gap between Frank Carter and Stormzy (Big Thief start the same time) and I'm guessing most people will be on site by that time - maybe even Dave and Jimmy?!? If that doesn't suit though please feel free to throw some other times up and we can try and get something sorted.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Semprini said:

Thanks for all the updates from the site @Death By Sexy, it's always nice to know what's going on with the build. Bit of a pain if they have moved the Castello behind the Marquee as it takes ages to walk there from the Booth/Boiler/Dance Hall (well it feels like ages when it's late at night and I'm smashed!!).

As for your schedule, there's quite a bit of overlap with mine (mostly the dance stuff) so we'll have to get together for a few beers but to watch some bands/DJs this time. I'm definitely doing Prospa on Friday but I've seen that SVE has been getting rave reviews all summer. Probably splitting my time between Honey Dijon and Parcels on Saturday and I'm seeing other things during the rest of the clashes you've highlighted so can't help there.

Be great to organise an Efests meet again so I'm provisionally proposing around 3.50pm on Friday in the PKP Cafe. I've got a gap between Frank Carter and Stormzy (Big Thief start the same time) and I'm guessing most people will be on site by that time - maybe even Dave and Jimmy?!? If that doesn't suit though please feel free to throw some other times up and we can try and get something sorted.

Aiming to be on site for around 3 for Frank Carter. Friday is by far the quietest day in my schedule so suits me. 

12 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

My schedule

Thursday

Gestapo Knallmuzik

Boiler Boys

Nadiem Shah

Bizzey Iconic Show

Tofec

Heideroosjes

TLP

Black Box Revelation

Friday

The Marquee Orchestra

Eefje De Visser

Nilufer Yanya

Inhaler

Frank Carter

Big Thief

Dermot Kennedy vs Flohio

Loyle Carner

Raketkanon

Avalon Emerson (22:00-23:00)

Jon Hopkins

The National

Agoria

Saturday

PUP

Brass Against

Evil Invaders

Cammo & Crooked

Pond

Mike D vs. Skeggs

Ross From Friends (depends on the replacement for Code Orange)

Brutus vs. Honey Dijon

The Chats

Royal Blood

The Streets

Tame Impala

Sunday (weakest day for me)

Pennywise

Ata Kak

M&T

Macky Gee

CMC

Anderson Paak

Camelphat

Prophets of Rage

Pan Pot

Amelie Lens

Go to Brutus!

Don't go to Cocaine Piss!

Edited by Boss89

As an aside, Idles in Club is going to go off. It was packed out at NOS Alive and it looked to me like the venue there was quite a bit bigger than Club. Might have to give it a miss in favour of preserving my physical health and watch Comet is Coming instead.

Acts at Pukkel that were at NOS, caught some of  Lloyle Carner was decent, what we saw of Sharon Van was very good too. IDLES was really good. Jorja Smith a bit "meh"

42 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

As an aside, Idles in Club is going to go off. It was packed out at NOS Alive and it looked to me like the venue there was quite a bit bigger than Club. Might have to give it a miss in favour of preserving my physical health and watch Comet is Coming instead.

Acts at Pukkel that were at NOS, caught some of  Lloyle Carner was decent, what we saw of Sharon Van was very good too. IDLES was really good. Jorja Smith a bit "meh"

Idles are up against Post Malone and as you say, the Comet is Coming and plenty of other stages though. It'll be busy but I don't think it'll be any busier than King Gizzard last year. 

Thought we might have gotten some of the last names today.

Edited by DDave

I would have thought playing against Post Malone would ensure a huge crowd, give that he's barely listenable. Then I considered the fact that I am heavily middle aged and therefore he's almost certainly going to have a huge crowd (logic at present appears to be, if I think something is terrible all the young ones at work like it. See Catfish, Blossoms, Courteeners, Drake, anyone called Lil' something, anyone with a $ in their name, anyone who isn't Rag N Bone who has a face tat etc)

Edited by TheNewUnion
  • Upvote 1

On 7/18/2019 at 10:25 PM, Semprini said:

Perfect for me :)

On 7/18/2019 at 9:01 PM, Death By Sexy said:

My schedule

Friday

Dermot Kennedy vs Flohio

Saturday

Brutus vs. Honey Dijon

I would say: 

Dermot Kennedy

Yves Tumor

Life 

Mini Mansions

Brutus

You won't have to choose between The Subs and Cocaine Piss, I guess. The Cocaine Piss concert won't last long, you can see both. ?

On 7/18/2019 at 12:12 PM, SilverLining said:

Hello all,

I'm afraid that won't be possible anymore, Camping Chill is sold out now and they're pretty strict about those things.

Good luck

From what I've seen now, it will look more like this. The dance-tents aren't ready to built, but the main structure is lying on the ground. I guess this will be the new lay-out.

Also, the Marquee will be bigger. Not sure if it is the same as the Marquee from pkp 2017, but I can't remember the marquee being higher than the trees like it is now.....

pkp20192.png

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Death By Sexy said:

This, Shame or Daughters would make me happy (and create a clash with Ross From Friends....).

if it's Shame, I'll be seeing the full set, anyone else that's half and it'll be most of Gossip and then the back end of whoever it is for me.

The line up has been shuffled about so we're not getting the Sunday Marquee name that we thought we were. Everyone has been pushed down a slot. They did something similar last year which is a bit shite. There's a spot free in the Castello now so I'm assuming they've moved someone to the Dance Hall. (Edit - It's Tommy Genesis)

Still looking likely to get a Billie Eilish replacement for the Sunday Dance Hall slot. 

Edited by DDave

17 hours ago, DDave said:

The line up has been shuffled about so we're not getting the Sunday Marquee name that we thought we were. Everyone has been pushed down a slot. They did something similar last year which is a bit shite. There's a spot free in the Castello now so I'm assuming they've moved someone to the Dance Hall. (Edit - It's Tommy Genesis)

Still looking likely to get a Billie Eilish replacement for the Sunday Dance Hall slot. 

As a result of this, I have a lot less choices to make...so actually for me it's a good thing. 

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

Quick question,

looks like we are moving to relax now instead of chill, what are the pros and cons of relax does it still have showers + facilities, more generally quiet etc etc?

- yes of course, Relax has showers + facilities. If these are the same facilities as 2015, the facilities are better than Chill. 

- It's more quit, less of a war zone. You can get hours of sleep.

- You can choose where you put your tent + more place for your tents. 

- Long distance to the site. There are busses or you can walk. If you go to the site, you won't return untill the end of the day unlike Chill, where you can return for a moment to eat and drink something.