Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

18 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

We're in the hostel this time, me and Greg. 

One question, what's the deal with them renting you a towel?

Additional question, I've accidentally booked us in as under 30's. Wondered if I should ring them, or just rock up and pay the difference. 

Don't think there's a difference is there? 

Its a twin private room I take it? 

Think I took one of those micro fibre towels last year, not totally ideal but did the job and takes up minimal room in the case. 

Edited by DDave

My plan

Frank Carter, Portland, Big Thief, half of Yves Tumor and SVE, Franz Ferdinand, Idles, Half of Jon Hopkins, The National, Martin Solveig

Mini Mansions, Whitney, Pond, Mike D, Gossip, Jorja Smith, Parcels, Eels, Royal Blood, The Streets, Tame Impala/Hot Chip/Tame Impala

Airborne, Bodega, Durand Jones, Kate Tempest, Anderson Paak, Kelis, Prophets of Rage, The National, Johnny Marr

Few gaps on the Friday which will probably be filled in the dance bit but the rest is chocka, apart from the Sunday Marquee slot (my fingers are crossed for Metronomy)

Edited by DDave

48 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Plenty of crossover with mine there. Watched Jorja Smith last night, she was pretty good (better than I expected). Unexpected highlight was HONNE, who I thought were at Pukkel, but aren't which is a shame. 

Have a good NOS Alive, mate. 

11 hours ago, Kirstybon said:

What’s the festival policy on weed? Have you seen people with anything in the campsite/festival ground?

Plenty of weed smokers. I am not sure how thight the security is at the entrance of the camping/site on weed. I think it shouldn't be a problem to smuggle some weed.  

On 7/9/2019 at 9:59 PM, DDave said:

Me, Semprini and Jimmy are in the Hostel. I've already booked it for next year as well just in case ?

Hi Dave, I will stay at the camping, but can you tell me more about the hostel, for the next years? (where and how easy to reach it is - especially at night - how much it is, etc.)
Thank you so much

Edited by gigi21

5 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Hi Dave, I will stay at the camping, but can you tell me more about the hostel, for the next years? (where and how easy to reach it is - especially at night - how much it is, etc.)
Thank you so much

Its here... 

https://www.booking.com/hotel/be/hostel-h.en-gb.html

Location couldn't be better, right next to the train station which is where the shuttle bus drops you off 

We've stayed there the last 3 years and whilst it's pretty basic, it gives you everything you need and includes breakfast. You can stay in a dorm, book a private twin or as we have, book a quad room. 

Quad room works out at 480 euros for 4 nights so 120 euros each if you fill it. Twin room is roughly half that. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, DDave said:

Its here... 

https://www.booking.com/hotel/be/hostel-h.en-gb.html

Location couldn't be better, right next to the train station which is where the shuttle bus drops you off 

We've stayed there the last 3 years and whilst it's pretty basic, it gives you everything you need and includes breakfast. You can stay in a dorm, book a private twin or as we have, book a quad room. 

Quad room works out at 480 euros for 4 nights so 120 euros each if you fill it. Twin room is roughly half that. 

Perfect, thank you!
And usually, how crowded are the shuttles during the night? Are there long queues?

1 minute ago, gigi21 said:

Perfect, thank you!
And usually, how crowded are the shuttles during the night? Are there long queues?

Nope. There's usually more queues for the internal shuttle to the other campsite. You can normally jump on on straight away and be in bed (or the pub) in 15-20 mins

• Like 1

So Camping Chill has sold out. For reference, it didn't sell out till the 12th of August last year which would indicate pretty healthy ticket sales.

So that's Dour, Rock Werchter & Les Ardentes out of the way, if we're to get any names from them to fill the remaining slots then you'd think we'll get them soon.

A month today! it's coming round fast.

Edited by DDave

15 minutes ago, DDave said:

So Camping Chill has sold out. For reference, it didn't sell out till the 12th of August last year which would indicate pretty healthy ticket sales.

So that's Dour, Rock Werchter & Les Ardentes out of the way, if we're to get any names from them to fill the remaining slots then you'd think we'll get them soon.

A month today! it's coming round fast.

I am not sure if the sales are that healthy. In 2015 the camping was sold out before July. I had expected at least one sold out day by now. 

45 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

I am not sure if the sales are that healthy. In 2015 the camping was sold out before July. I had expected at least one sold out day by now. 

But this is only the second year where you have to pay extra to stay in Camping Chill. Comparing it to 2015 is irrelevant. 

Edited by DDave

I passed the site today, there is already a lot of activity. 

The wooden Boulevard will be longer now, it will reach the Booth. The location of the Dance Hall and Boiler will change. https://www.tvl.be/nieuws/opbouw-pukkelpop-van-start-81618

They also say the Castello will already be built this week. I will report the location this week ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

Castello is already up!

@DDave I don't know why they switched it, but the distance between the two stages are small. 

But again, I really don't see a reason to switch the location of both stages. Maybe to pull the Rock/Indie crowd to the Beer Shack?

Yeah had that thought today.  Would have been easier to move the beer shack, surely?! 

Someone on the Festileaks forum saying that the Dance Hall is to be opposite the Boiler. 

10 minutes ago, DDave said:

Yeah had that thought today.  Would have been easier to move the beer shack, surely?! 

Someone on the Festileaks forum saying that the Dance Hall is to be opposite the Boiler. 

Yes, they said it in an interview. The wooden Boulevard will be longer now. It will reach the Booth. 

The Dance Hall and Boiler would be each at one side of the Boulevard. They literally said they will be opposite of each other.

Maybe something like this?

It seems like the Dance Hall or Boiler will be built next. I'll keep an eye out. 

pkp2019.jpg

Edited by Death By Sexy