Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

15 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

Pukkelpop have announced it too, so it's not exactly a leak. Shame, I was ready to gather my portion of efestivals fame. 

Haha. 

So 2 more names to come (Sunday Marquee, Sunday Dance Hall) + possibly an opening Dance Hall act for the Friday? 

They must have coincided the announcement with the start of his set at RW. He's still on the live stream now for about another half an hour.

There's already too much going on at that time what with Tame Impala and Stephan Bodzin so I'm kinda glad it's someone I'm not that bothered about seeing.

23 minutes ago, Semprini said:

They must have coincided the announcement with the start of his set at RW. He's still on the live stream now for about another half an hour.

Incidentally The Good, the Bad and the Queen are streaming on Saturday

You'd have thought with RW being done and then putting out the full poster so far that we would have had The Good, The Bad and the Queen announced by now so looking less likely it'll be them for the Marquee slot unless they're waiting to sell a few more tickets for the Luxembourg gig. 

I'm thinking it could be Metronomy. Playing Dour next weekend and playing La Route Du Rock on Pukkelpop Saturday. Also shares the same booking agent as a fair few acts on this year. 

Screenshot_20190701_133148_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Edited by DDave

Had a run at the lineup - not all must see, but my starter for 10, as it were.

Friday

·         The Marquee Orchestra

·         Inhaler/Nilufer Yanya

·         Portland

·         Stormzy

·         Flohio

·         White Lies

·         Franz Ferdinand

·         The National

Saturday

·         Brass Against

·         Evil Invaders

·         Whitney

·         Mike D

·         Gossip

·         Eels

·         Royal Blood

·         The Streets

·         Tame Impala/Frank Turner/Hot Chip

Sunday

·         The Beths

·         IDKHTFM

·         Durrand Jones

·         BFMV (maybe!)

·         Anna Calvi

·         Anderson .Paak

·         Prophets

·         The National

·         Johnny Marr

Still looking for my 2018 Confidence Man-esq gig of the festival though, heard good things about the boy Slowthai from Glastonbury

Edited by TheNewUnion

26 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Had a run at the lineup - not all must see, but my starter for 10, as it were.

Friday

·         The Marquee Orchestra

·         Inhaler/Nilufer Yanya

·         Portland

·         Stormzy

·         Flohio

·         White Lies

·         Franz Ferdinand

·         The National

Saturday

·         Brass Against

·         Evil Invaders

·         Whitney

·         Mike D

·         Gossip

·         Eels

·         Royal Blood

·         The Streets

·         Tame Impala/Frank Turner/Hot Chip

Sunday

·         The Beths

·         IDKHTFM

·         Durrand Jones

·         BFMV (maybe!)

·         Anna Calvi

·         Anderson .Paak

·         Prophets

·         The National

·         Johnny Marr

Still looking for my 2018 Confidence Man-esq gig of the festival though, heard good things about the boy Slowthai from Glastonbury

I'd recommend Life on the Saturday. They're great live.

Decided I'll probably be doing a Hot Chip sandwich on the Saturday with Tame Impala at each end. If they swapped Hot Chip with Mike D that would have been a perfect day's festivalling. 

2 hours ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

Read some speculation about New Order here some time ago. Is there still a possibility they come? Haven't really kept up with all the rumours here unfortunately.

It's possible, since New Orde is playing in The Netherlands in the same weekend. 

But:

- Marquee in the afternoon would be a low spot

- Paul Kalkbrenner has been announced during his set at Rock Werchter, New Order isn't.

- New Order is performing at Vorst Nationaal in October or November. 

Edited by Death By Sexy

The Belgian pop and rock festival Pukkelpop is expanding this year. For the first time in the history of the event that has existed since 1985, there are also activities in the center of Hasselt

Under the name Pukkelpop DWNTWN ( downtown ) there are performances in the center of the provincial capital both during the weekend prior to Pukkelpop and during the festival days. During the weekend of 10 and 11 August, DJs and a few regional bands will perform at Groenplein, which will also be shown at the festival itself.

During the festival weekend (16 and 17 August) there will be mini performances by bands on Molenpoortplein, which will also perform at Pukkelpop. They will only be announced at the beginning of August. "We were asked by the mayor to bring Pukkelpop more to Hasselt and we want to bring a nice sample of what the festival in Kiewit has to offer," says Pukkelpop director Chokri Mahassine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Does the double performance by The National have any kind of surprise any of the nights (a full album performed, an acoustic set...)?

It isn't known yet, but they won't play any song twice. Both sets are unique. 

On one of the days, Sharon Van etten will perform on pkp as well. She sang on a song at the latest album of The National. So maybe... :)

Edited by Death By Sexy

54 minutes ago, Powl said:

Good Charlotte cancelled so a main stage slot on sunday is opening up. 

Screenshot_20190709-170219.png

Not a fan but sad to hear. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they moved Pennywise and Airbourne down to later slots and get a cheap option to open the Main. V. Surprised Pennywise are currently slotted for 12.05pm

Edit....the obvious choice would be to put Billie Eilish on there and maybe swap the slot for ADTR

Edited by DDave

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Not a fan but sad to hear. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they moved Pennywise and Airbourne down to later slots and get a cheap option to open the Main. V. Surprised Pennywise are currently slotted for 12.05pm

Edit....the obvious choice would be to put Billie Eilish on there and maybe swap the slot for ADTR

Looked like Billie drew a huge crowd at Glastonbury, it would make sense for her to play to a bigger capacity "arena" at PKP, initially I thought she'd be out of place on main, but before Anderson Paak might actually work pretty well. 

16 minutes ago, Ale said:

Are Pennywise so unknown in Belgium? In Italy they often played in punk rock concerts just before bands like The Offspring

12:05 is like a newborn band ?

They were suposed to play on friday, but finally they moved to sunday as a last date for their european mini-tour. I think that they play so early because they are flying back to US the same day.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Looked like Billie drew a huge crowd at Glastonbury, it would make sense for her to play to a bigger capacity "arena" at PKP, initially I thought she'd be out of place on main, but before Anderson Paak might actually work pretty well. 

They'd be crazy not to take this opportunity to put her on the main and replace her with a cheap act in the Dance Hall. Would mean more people potentially heading to the Marquee for the National.

Edit - if they do put her on as a straight swap for Good Charlotte, she'll have the biggest crowd of the weekend.

Edited by DDave

GC weren't on my list either but don't want to see any cancellation, especially for these reasons.

The unfortunate turn of events gives them a very easy way out of this situation by slotting Billie into the gap on Main. Agree that she'd get a massive crowd and would also encourage lots of people to get on site early = more food and drink sales. Think they'd have to get someone else to headline the Dance Hall though as Charli XCX won't really cut it imo.

Yep, all signed up for the hostel again TheNewUnion, courtesy of DDave's Executive Travel Company!! Where are you this time?

Just seen that ASAP Rocky is out of Dour this weekend and likely everything else until at least the middle of August. Swedish authorities are trying to throw the book at him by the looks of things.