Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

On 6/8/2019 at 3:04 PM, DDave said:

Looking at the clashfinder, there's not many slots to fill now. If there are 'strong names' to come you'd think it'd be bands that are already at RW. Had a quick scan and these are the bigger bands at RW that are still around for the Pukkelpop weekender and the days they are free on. Any of the smaller bands you would think would have been announced by now.

Bears Dean – Saturday/Sunday

Bastille – Free all 3 days

The Good, the Bad & the Queen – Saturday/Sunday

Robyn - Friday/Sunday

New Order - Friday / Saturday

Years and Years – Sunday

Parkway Drive – Saturday / Sunday

Paul Kalkbrenner – free for 2 as yet unknown days (at Lowlands for 1 day)

I'd say that TGTBATQ are the most likely, with them being in Luxembourg on the Thursday and Lowlands on the Friday. Plus their drummer (Tony Allen) is playing PKP on the Sunday with Jeff Mills so makes it more than a possibility. Robyn added as a Friday subheadliner? Suppose there's a small chance Florence could be added but it's rare we share the top headliners. 

Bears Den and New Order already have concerts in Belgium plannen at the end of 2019/beginning of 2020, so that lower the chances I think. Bastille would be horrendous. 

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2019 at 4:04 PM, DDave said:

Looking at the clashfinder, there's not many slots to fill now. If there are 'strong names' to come you'd think it'd be bands that are already at RW. Had a quick scan and these are the bigger bands at RW that are still around for the Pukkelpop weekender and the days they are free on. Any of the smaller bands you would think would have been announced by now.

Bears Dean – Saturday/Sunday

Bastille – Free all 3 days

The Good, the Bad & the Queen – Saturday/Sunday

Robyn - Friday/Sunday

New Order - Friday / Saturday

Years and Years – Sunday

Parkway Drive – Saturday / Sunday

Paul Kalkbrenner – free for 2 as yet unknown days (at Lowlands for 1 day)

I'd say that TGTBATQ are the most likely, with them being in Luxembourg on the Thursday and Lowlands on the Friday. Plus their drummer (Tony Allen) is playing PKP on the Sunday with Jeff Mills so makes it more than a possibility. Robyn added as a Friday subheadliner? Suppose there's a small chance Florence could be added but it's rare we share the top headliners. 

It aslo could be Richard Ashcroft. He is free all 3 days.

• Upvote 1

Pukkelpop has some surprises: classical music, Mauro and an eighties party by Ertebrekers

Even with more than a hundred artists on the poster, the Pukkelpop poster is not yet full. The organization once again opened a can of fresh names on Wednesday, with something for everyone.

Striking is the afternoon concert that opens the Marquee every 11.30 a.m. Friday, August 16, the honor is to The Marquee Orchestra, a thirty-member orchestra led by Jef Neve, who also awoke festival-goers in style last year. Soprano Hanne Roos and Crossbones Trombone Collective are also present again. They will be joined by the Kempische percussion ensemble Pulse Percussion Trio.

Brass Against, a brass band with Rage Against The Machine, Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest and Kendrick Lamar, was announced before Saturday 17 August. On Sunday, August 18, Ertebrekers, the reggae pop band with Flip Kowlier in the ranks, opens the Marquee with what they call 80s Extravaganza.

On that same Sunday, Mauro Pawlowski, who is seen every year in some form at Pukkelpop as a Limburger, and radio producer Philippe Cortens present their Circular Media Channel, an audio project for which they scoured thrift stores in search of crazy finds.

Pukkelpop also has some 'more common' names ready. For Friday they are Inhaler, the band around Elijah 'son of Bono' Hewson, the Dutch party animal Kraantje Pappie, his fellow countryman Eefje De Visser and Prospa. Barny Fletcher and Ilse Liebens are announced for Saturday, Michael Midnight - another regular Pukkelpop value - on Sunday.

More DJs were added on Wednesday to Underground, the daily late night guitar party at the Club on Pukkelpop. Studio Brussel presenter Stijn Van de Voorde will present on Thursday 15 August, Friday 16 August Sanseveria Sound System and Saturday 17 August Eppo Janssen & Friends. Bram Willems can turn off the proverbial light on Sunday 18 August.

For those who already want to find their way in the - now almost full - line-up, you can do so in the block schedule on Thursday. That is from 11 am in the Pukkelpop app and from 4 pm on the website. 

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

Timetable already on the app. 

Cheers. 

Idles clash with Post Malone, which is ideal for me. Mura Masa and Anne Marie as subs is a strange one. 

Hot Chip clashing with Tame Impala is a bastard, Hot Chip in the Castello is a Suprise. Saturday is fairly faultless aside from that. Mike D in the Marquee is a bit of a waste. 

Sunday afternoon is rock day on the main which is a big gamble. Gutted Airborne are on so early as I'll probably miss them. The Beth's are on ridiculously early so might have to go see em in Manchester. 

Prophets of Rage not finishing the main is a sensible decision. Can't wait for that one. Billie Eilish in the Dance Hall will be absolutely rammed. 

No big slots to fill aside from 6pm in the Marquee on the Sunday. Perfect for The Good the Bad the Queen. 

Pretty happy overall. 

Edited by DDave

I'm pretty happy with the timetables on saturday and sunday. Some clashes but nothing very annoying. Far less happy with Friday where there is overlap between my 5 must sees for that day: Raketkanon, Modeselektor, Idles, Jon Hopkins and The National.

6 minutes ago, Salva said:

I'm pretty happy with the timetables on saturday and sunday. Some clashes but nothing very annoying. Far less happy with Friday where there is overlap between my 5 must sees for that day: Raketkanon, Modeselektor, Idles, Jon Hopkins and The National.

I'm pretty happy too. There's a few clashes but it's impossibile to have everything.
I'm curious about the latest addictions, but I honestly don't see space for big names. Let's see.

Hi everyone! I am Max, good-natured designer from Belarus, and I will visit PUKKELPOP festival for the first time!))) I will glad to meet a new friends in a camping for spending time together!) You can add me on facebook or write right here and we will arrange our social). Will be glad to everyone!))) :)

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1431002472

Edited by MAKSIM

Looking at the Timetable, I'm still expecting:
- a friday lunch dance hall act (pretty irrelevant to me);
- a saturday dance hall closer (clashing with Tame Impala);
- a sunday early afternoon dance hall act (also pretty irrelevant to me);
- a sunday 5.30 pm - 6.30 pm Marquee act (between Bullets For My Valentine and Kelis, a really hard name to predict);
- maybe a quite big sunday dance closer after Billie Eilish?

Let's hope in something good with these last two names.

Edited by gigi21

1 minute ago, DDave said:

Yeah that's not great. Saw TCIC in Liverpool and whilst they were good, Idles wins every time.

I understand it, but I live in the south of Italy so I don't have many chances to see these bands and I was really expecting both.
I'm a lot into the last TCIC album...
Anyway, I was expecting 3 or 4 hard clashes, so it's ok to me.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Looking at the Timetable, I'm still expecting:
- a friday lunch dance hall act (pretty irrelevant to me);
- a saturday dance hall closer (clashing with Tame Impala);
- a sunday early afternoon dance hall act (pretty irrelevant to me);
- a sunday 5.30 pm - 6.30 pm Marquee act (between Bullets For My Valentine and Kelis, a really hard name to predict);
- maybe a quite big sunday dance closer after Billie Eilish?

Let's hope in something good with these last two names.

Last band plays on the Sunday at midnight so can't see a Dance Hall closer.

I'm going for Parkway Drive or The Good the bad and the Queen for the Marquee slot.

Edited by DDave

8 minutes ago, DDave said:

Last band plays on the Sunday at midnight so can't see a Dance Hall closer.

Should be 2 more Marquee names on the Sunday. I'm going for another rock name for the slot before BFMV (Parkway Drive?) and then the Good the Bad and the Queen for the slot before Kelis.

Maybe they did some more changes, but I'm watching it right now and there's no space before BFMV (Ghostemane 2.15 > 3.00 pm; BFMV 3.50 > 4.40 pm).
Albarn would be great but maybe too big for that slot (hope not).
Sad news if they'r closing both Marquee and Dance Hall at 10.45 pm on sunday... No chances for just one more set?

Edited by gigi21

1 minute ago, gigi21 said:

Maybe they did some more changes, but I'm watching it now and there's no space before BFMV (Ghostemane 2.15 > 3.00 pm; BFMV 3.50 > 4.40 pm).
Albarn would be great but maybe too big for that slot (hope not).
Sad news if they'r closing both Marquee and Dance Hall at 10.45 pm on sunday... No chances for just one more set?

Sorry, I was going off the clashfinder, didn't realise Ghostmane had been put in the Marquee. Can't see anything after the National and Billie Eilish concerts, there just isn't the time.

I would have placed TGTBATQ higher but their drummer plays at 11pm on the same night with Jeff Mills which makes me think it's them. I have of course been wrong many, many many times before. Parkway Drive are also at RW and fits well with other bands they have on that day. Can't really see past those two bands personally.

This'll be the first year that I've not planned to see anything at all in the Dance Hall, shows the strength of the Marquee and Club stages this year. I'll hardly be in the Boiler as well which is a shame.

3 minutes ago, DDave said:

Sorry, I was going off the clashfinder, didn't realise Ghostmane had been put in the Marquee. Can't see anything after the National and Billie Eilish concerts, there just isn't the time.

I would have placed TGTBATQ higher but their drummer plays at 11pm on the same night with Jeff Mills which makes me think it's them. I have of course been wrong many, many many times before. Parkway Drive are also at RW and fits well with other bands they have on that day. Can't really see past those two bands personally.

This'll be the first year that I've not planned to see anything at all in the Dance Hall, shows the strength of the Marquee and Club stages this year. I'll hardly be in the Boiler as well which is a shame.

I think it will be TGTBATQ.

Parkway Drive at pkp will be the 4th time in a year, a bit too much. They are also a main stage worthy band. If Bring Me The Horizon can play on the main stage in 2016, Parkway can do the same today. 

About the boiler: the Friday in the boiler is really weak, except for Modestep. 

15 minutes ago, DDave said:

I forgot Tony Allen was in TGTBATQ... So that makes a lot of sense and also the timing would be perfect!

Edited by gigi21

25 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

I forgot Tony Allen was in TGTBATQ... So that makes a lot of sense and also the timing would be perfect!

They are doing 1 hr 25 at RW but only an hour at Glastonbury so could be them.

Tony Allen does well for a 78/79 year old, doesn't he?. I haven't got that much energy and I'm just over half his age!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MAKSIM said:

Hi everyone! I am Max, good-natured designer from Belarus, and I will visit PUKKELPOP festival for the first time!))) I will glad to meet a new friends in a camping for spending time together!) You can add me on facebook or write right here and we will arrange our social). Will be glad to everyone!))) :)

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1431002472

We normally have a Pukkelpop/efestivals catch up one of the days over the festival. Keep an eye on the forum here and someone will set the date, come along for a beer and a chat.

Edited by TheNewUnion
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, DDave said:

I'll hardly be in the Boiler as well which is a shame.

We'll see about that...

12 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

About the boiler: the Friday in the boiler is really weak, except for Modestep. 

Agree about Friday being weak (for my tastes anyway) but Prospa are an absolute must see. Saturday is one of the strongest Boiler days there's been and I love the progression throughout the day. Sunday is really good too from Fisher onwards but there's so much going on elsewhere that I'll probably only see bits and pieces of Camelphat, Pan Pot and Amelie Lens.

Always feel the line up looks a bit weaker once the timetable is published but that's probably due to the realisation I won't get to see a lot of the bands and DJs I want because of the clashes. 

Friday:

Frank Carter and Harvey Sutherland

Prospa and Yves Tumor

Avalon Emerson and IDLES

Job Jobse and Agoria and Sigma

Saturday:

Ezra Collective and Pond

Jorja Smith and Hunee and The Subs

Chase and Status and The Black Madonna and Royal Blood

The Streets and Sam Paganini

Tame Impala and Stephan Bodzin and Hot Chip and Palms Trax

Sunday:

Charli XCX and Camelphat

Prophets of Rage and Pan Pot

Amelie Lens and Jeff Mills

Will probably just see where the mood takes me at the time but I'd be happy to watch any of the above.

• Upvote 1