Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

So many rock bands on Sunday!! One of the strongest rock days in Pukkelpop history! 

They moved Pennywise from friday to sunday... They were my highlight for that day (besides Idles)... I was expecting them to get an early slot at the main stage as Floggin Molly last year or NOFX in 2016, but now seems clear than Sunday will be a rock day in the Marquee, so Pennywise will play there almost sure.

For me, best PKP line-up since 2016.

29 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

So many rock bands on Sunday!! One of the strongest rock days in Pukkelpop history! 

They moved Pennywise from friday to sunday... They were my highlight for that day (besides Idles)... I was expecting them to get an early slot at the main stage as Floggin Molly last year or NOFX in 2016, but now seems clear than Sunday will be a rock day in the Marquee, so Pennywise will play there almost sure.

For me, best PKP line-up since 2016.

Saturday in my opinion is one of the best days they've ever put on. Could be a few nasty clashes for me. Friday still feels like it's missing something but still quite a bit of stuff to keep me going. Does feel like we're missing a Justice/Royksopp/Underworld type vintage dance act as well. 

3 hours ago, Dennisf said:

56623245_10156123195829249_3297257680313

Lay-out does look like we might expect another friday headliner next to Post Malone... @Ken19? ? 

Definitely room for a much needed big name on the Friday.  Hard to think why they wouldn't have already been named unless its someone from Rock Werchter or it was supposed to be Childish Gambino and Post Malone and we're still waiting for the Gambino replacement to be booked. Still not getting my hopes up for anything decent although it would be nice to have a good addition on what is already a very good line up. 

Lot of old legends in the line-up:

• Mike-D from Beastie Boys
  • Tom Morello from RATM and Audioslave
  • Johny Marr from The Smiths
  • Mark Hoppus from Blink 182
  • B-Real from Cypress Hill
  • Chuck-D from Public Enemy

It's great to see that kind of artists in the line-up after last years new booking strategy (not booking classic headliners as Neil Young, Iron Maiden or Kraftwerk)

16 minutes ago, Rockid said:

I'm a bit confused. Their website states that the festival dates are 15-18 August, but we have line-up confirmed only for 16-18. Should I expect 15 to be announced soon or is it just a mistake?

Pre party. Usually the Boiler room and a couple more stages. Lots of Belgian bands and fairly unknown dj's

Here's last year's line up for an idea of what to expect. 

https://clashfinder.com/m/pkp2018/?user=0j5ddh.f7

Edited by DDave
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

My bet is Bastille. 

If not, maybe Editors?

Don't know if I'm reading it wrong but I think he's saying he's already been replaced. I'm guessing by Prophets of Rage taking a bigger spot than originally intended. 

57 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The real question is: who will play before Post Malone? Franz, Blackwave, Stormzy are way too small for the job.

Don't you think James Blake is a possibility? Last time he played PKP he headlined the Marquee en if I'm not mistaking he was sub on the main of RW in one of the previous editions.

54 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The real question is: who will play before Post Malone? Franz, Blackwave, Stormzy are way too small for the job.

If we are to get someone, then we're a bit light on females and dance acts at the top of the bill so maybe someone from that pool? (Robyn, Major Lazer, Die Antwoord, Deadmau5, Calvin Harris etc) Bastille is sadly a good shout although I hope they'll be a bit more inventive. Lowlands have still to replace the Prodigy so there could be a double deal I suppose for someone not on the radar. 

The Strokes now touring till September and not having any Benelux dates gives me hope. Anything similar to them would be a bonus at this stage. 

Tame Impala was supposed to play festivals in 2020, not already in 2019 ;-)... They play a lot more festivals than originally planned. 

I don't expect another headliner on friday. Normally Anderson was playing before Posty, but he moved to sunday (his request). 

• Upvote 3