Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

Great stuff that Hot Chip are back, not really familiar with the rest barring Mini Mansions and Andy Paak. Anderson Paak is in the smallest font group so far which is weird. Thought he'd play on Sunday as well so there's still plenty more to come on the Friday as well. The Saturday is looking really strong now. 

Woehoe! Pukkelpop again adds 20 new artists to its line-up. Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals, blackwave, Bullet For My Valentine and 17 other artists are coming to the festival.

On Friday you can join the Antwerp jazz hip hop duo blackwave . "This summer blackwave is playing their only festival show on Pukkelpop!" Says festival organizer Chokri. On Saturday you can enjoy the Ghent electro band The Subs . They also do only one festival this summer and that is Pukkelpop. On Sunday you can dance to the music of Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals The heavy metal band Bullet For My Valentine also comes to the festival that day.

Fisher, nothing, nowhere, Nilüfer Yanya, Harvey Sutherland, Rocket cannon, Cocaine Piss, Brutus, Basement, Mini Mansions, Altin Gün, Hot Chip, Bamba Pana & Makaveli, Kikagaku Moyo, Macky Gee, Tommy Genesis and Pouya are also coming to the festival .

Edited by DDave

1 minute ago, Trufflehound said:

Cocaine Piss, always brilliant.

Good to see Kikagaku Moyo on the list. They were superb at BKS a couple of years ago. Japanese space rockers with a sitar playing 60s/70s-style prog/hard rock.

Think I listened to them the other week and I enjoyed what I heard

50 minutes ago, DDave said:

Pretty sure we ain't getting anything today.

You were saying? :)

Happy with Anderson Paak, Hot Chip and the belgian bands! I wanted Brutus, Raketkanon and It It Anita. That's already 2 out of 3. The Subs is one that I didn't see coming but very welcome.

1 minute ago, Salva said:

You were saying? :)

Happy with Anderson Paak, Hot Chip and the belgian bands! I wanted Brutus, Raketkanon and It It Anita. That's already 2 out of 3. The Subs is one that I didn't see coming but very welcome.

Happy to be proved wrong ?

19 minutes ago, Salva said:

Where can I find that clashfinder?

https://clashfinder.com/s/pkp2019/

Looking at the clashfinder I find this lineup one of my favorites for next summer but Boiler Room is pretty weak compared to their usual lineup...but it is just my opinion.

Edited by alan_ts

11 hours ago, alan_ts said:

https://clashfinder.com/s/pkp2019/

Looking at the clashfinder I find this lineup one of my favorites for next summer but Boiler Room is pretty weak compared to their usual lineup...but it is just my opinion.

Still loads of names to come for the Boiler, plus they'll be plenty of other DJs spread across the Castello, Booth and Dance Hall over the weekend.

Bit surprised we got names this week as there was no warning, it wasn't that long since we had the first announcements and some of the inner circle are currently out of office at SXSW. Great to see Hot Chip back and there's a few others that look interesting and worth checking out. Big find for me so far though is Harvey Sutherland. Watched this Boiler Room set the other night and it's absolute quality from start to finish. Hoping he'll be in the Castello as think the more intimate setting would suit him better than the Dance Hall.

She was on my radar but been listening to some Avalon Emerson sets and can't wait to see her on Friday night in the Booth. If the weather's decent and the crowd are up for it then it's got the potential to be the highlight of the weekend (for me anyway!). 

2 hours ago, Semprini said:

Still loads of names to come for the Boiler, plus they'll be plenty of other DJs spread across the Castello, Booth and Dance Hall over the weekend.

Bit surprised we got names this week as there was no warning, it wasn't that long since we had the first announcements and some of the inner circle are currently out of office at SXSW. Great to see Hot Chip back and there's a few others that look interesting and worth checking out. Big find for me so far though is Harvey Sutherland. Watched this Boiler Room set the other night and it's absolute quality from start to finish. Hoping he'll be in the Castello as think the more intimate setting would suit him better than the Dance Hall.

She was on my radar but been listening to some Avalon Emerson sets and can't wait to see her on Friday night in the Booth. If the weather's decent and the crowd are up for it then it's got the potential to be the highlight of the weekend (for me anyway!). 

I am going to retain a place near you during Avalon. I hope she plays during Post Malone, so she wouldn't clash with other interesting artists.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

I am going to retain a place near you during Avalon. I hope she plays during Post Malone, so she wouldn't clash with other interesting artists.

We'll make some plans and arrange to meet up beforehand ?

Think she'll play 12am - 2am, which will hopefully clash with Post Malone, but looking at the line up probably quite a few other decent things as well - Modeselektor, Sigma in the Boiler, Idles in the Club and Jon Hopkins in the Dance Hall or maybe Castello (probably too big for the latter). Unless something else really decent comes in I'm going to treat Avalon as my 'headliner' on Friday so will try and do the whole set. Having said that, I may well end up riding a unicorn or something round Petit Bazar or be asleep in the corner of the field somewhere!!

Mad to think if it was like last year we'd be still 5 days away from the first drop of names. Glad they've done it a lot earlier this year so we can get our shit in order. Very happy with the line up as long as Saturdays clashes are kind. Friday is still missing something for me so hoping for something extra there.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Mad to think if it was like last year we'd be still 5 days away from the first drop of names. Glad they've done it a lot earlier this year so we can get our shit in order. Very happy with the line up as long as Saturdays clashes are kind. Friday is still missing something for me so hoping for something extra there.

Releasing the line up early is a good thing. Last year, a lot of potential international festivalgoers already made their plans when the first batch of the line up was released I think. 

By the way, from Monday, Lowlands will release a name everyday.