Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

1 hour ago, Death By Sexy said:

I think Anderson Paak is certain. Does Shame tour in august? I would like to see them. 

Shame are indeed about in August. Not on their website but they are playing https://www.open-flair.de/2019/artists in Germany on the 11th August. They went down really, really well two years ago so hopefully they'll be on the bill. 

As for others, as DBS said, Anderson Paak is a certainty and will probably head the next lot of names. Really surprised Mitski wasn't in the first lot so can see her in the next batch and a lot of us have said Major Lazer for a while now. Wolf Alice haven't got anything on in August but that could change. Summer Sonic (Japan) has their next announcement is tomorrow (usually 2am our time) so will rule out a few names (doubtful Shame will be ruled out due to being at Fuji Rock) . Green Man's next lot will maybe throw some club/marquee/lift names up and we should be getting the second Lowlands announcement shortly too.  I'm hoping they'll book some more stuff from Paredes de Coura which is a solid indie line up. 

4 hours ago, DDave said:

I'm hoping they'll book some more stuff from Paredes de Coura which is a solid indie line up. 

I'm actually hoping they'll book some stuff from ArcTanGent. Last year PKP had 4 of their headliners, Shellac, H09909, LA Dispute and Glassjaw. So bring on Carpenter Brut, Daughters, Zeal and Ardor and Caspian.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Salva said:

I'm actually hoping they'll book some stuff from ArcTanGent. Last year PKP had 4 of their headliners, Shellac, H09909, LA Dispute and Glassjaw. So bring on Carpenter Brut, Daughters, Zeal and Ardor and Caspian.

Carpenter Brut is already playing at Graspop this year.

13 hours ago, DDave said:

Churches (!) Weezer, Pale Waves, Snow Patrol, Catfish and the Botttlemen, Lemon Twigs, Bananrama (fucks sake, RIP Pukkelpop lol) + more ruled out.

http://www.summersonic.com/2019/news/019.html

Interpol ruled out yesterday. 

I can't say that I will miss those names. 

Lol Banarama, they smoked some good stuff when they booked them. 

17 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

I can't say that I will miss those names. 

Lol Banarama, they smoked some good stuff when they booked them. 

Not a great line up at all for them this year. Wonder what the Japanese have done to deserve Bananrama and a Snow Patrol acoustic set? 

New RW names - disappointed about Robyn (whoever said she was playing RW on this thread was right) Zeal and Ardor probably ruled out @Salva . Apart from that, there's not much I'll be losing sleep over. As far as I can see the two festivals are only sharing Portland at the moment.

New for Thursday 27 June are Richard Ashcroft, Raleigh Ritchie and KidCutUp. 

The Friday 28th program will be complemented by Robyn, The Twilight Sad, Denzel Curry, SWMRS, Yonaka, Foxing and Sea Girls. 

Bear's Den, Beirut, Tourist LeMC, Strand of Oaks, King Princess, Portland, The Marcus King Band, The Slow Readers Club, Donny Benet, The Murder Capital and John J. Presley complete the line-up of Saturday, June 29th. 

Dean Lewis, Mahalia, Lizzo, Grace Carter, Zeal & Ardor, Amyl and The Sniffers, Sports Team, Deaf Havana and Didirri will visit the Festival Park on Sunday 30 June.

15 hours ago, DDave said:

New RW names - disappointed about Robyn (whoever said she was playing RW on this thread was right) Zeal and Ardor probably ruled out @Salva . Apart from that, there's not much I'll be losing sleep over. As far as I can see the two festivals are only sharing Portland at the moment.

New for Thursday 27 June are Richard Ashcroft, Raleigh Ritchie and KidCutUp. 

The Friday 28th program will be complemented by Robyn, The Twilight Sad, Denzel Curry, SWMRS, Yonaka, Foxing and Sea Girls. 

Bear's Den, Beirut, Tourist LeMC, Strand of Oaks, King Princess, Portland, The Marcus King Band, The Slow Readers Club, Donny Benet, The Murder Capital and John J. Presley complete the line-up of Saturday, June 29th. 

Dean Lewis, Mahalia, Lizzo, Grace Carter, Zeal & Ardor, Amyl and The Sniffers, Sports Team, Deaf Havana and Didirri will visit the Festival Park on Sunday 30 June.

I was really hoping for Zeal and Ardor and Deznzel Curry and, to a lesser extent, Beirut. Guess this rules all 3 of them out. Oh well, more than enough good stuff already and still about 60 names or so to expect so...Give me two exciting names per day and I will be very pleased. (more could result in too many hard clashes :) )

1 minute ago, Death By Sexy said:

They booked Imagine Dragons on the 50th anniversery of Woodstock. They're taking the piss. 

To be fair to the organisers, I was expecting far worse than the names that have been leaked. Will be one of the better line ups in the US this year (that's not hard though)