Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

4 hours ago, DDave said:

It's great, Friendly people, very, very well organised - rarely any queuing to get in, getting a beer or going to the toilets, not massive walks to each stage and it's normally programmed pretty well so clashes are kept to a minimum. Here's the clashfinder from last year

https://clashfinder.com/m/pkp2018/?user=0idn6x.bj

Still probably only halfway through on the number of acts and whilst it's not Glasto sized there's normally something for everyone. 

Cheers mate. Got a hotel sorted in Hasselt. More on the pricey side but me and camping don’t agree anymore haha. I saw on the website you get drink and food vouchers is that how it works or is it cash as well?

3 minutes ago, TomButler said:

Cheers mate. Got a hotel sorted in Hasselt. More on the pricey side but me and camping don’t agree anymore haha. I saw on the website you get drink and food vouchers is that how it works or is it cash as well?

You can buy 20 vouchers (1 voucher equals half a pint of beer and up to 3-4 vouchers for food) for 53 Euros, or 5 vouchers for 15 euros at the festival. you swap your printed off voucher in exchange for tokens which you then present at the bar for your drinks. Works really well and keeps the queues down. There are food stalls outside the festival site for cheaper bites to eat (cash)

1 hour ago, DDave said:

You can buy 20 vouchers (1 voucher equals half a pint of beer and up to 3-4 vouchers for food) for 53 Euros, or 5 vouchers for 15 euros at the festival. you swap your printed off voucher in exchange for tokens which you then present at the bar for your drinks. Works really well and keeps the queues down. There are food stalls outside the festival site for cheaper bites to eat (cash)

I unfortunately never made last year, was the food wood still there. Found it to be good value for those who are camping and can't be bothered going back and forth to Hasselt all the time.

1 minute ago, Salva said:

Yip, food wood was still there next to the Club. Even more foodtrucks than in 2017.

Nice i just found a site map from last year, looks like they changed the system for wristbanding on one side of the road and turning round to join the queue at the other. Literally the only bad part of the festival as I was always arriving at peak times after getting up at 4am and flying then travelling to site.

Did they make it so once wristbanded you could head straight into chill? would be a class idea if so.

Excited to making it back to PKP after a year off festivals to focus on work, easily the best festival i have been to.

• Upvote 1

It's not a biggie but Avalon Emerson will be playing the Booth. Think that's a great setting for her as she'll no doubt play late, hopefully a couple of hours between 12 - 4am. Probably the DJ I'm most looking forward to seeing at the moment, which is saying something as there's loads of quality on the line up. Great thing is we've still got more to come!

11 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

I tried to listen to Post Malone. Didn't care for him. No matter, there's plenty to see elsewhere for me.

I need to start the campaign to put Idles up against him and not at the same time as Anderson Paak, assuming he subs. 

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

No one has been stated as headliner so far I think, except The National for the Marquee. 

Tame Impala and 21 Pilots were too

https://m.focus.knack.be/entertainment/muziek/tame-impala-en-twenty-one-pilots-zijn-eerste-headliners-voor-pukkelpop/article-normal-1428015.html

Still only 4 of the 9 Sub / Headliner / Closer slots filled so far I think, unless they're counting Franz Ferdinand, Eels and Prophets of Rage as subs. Think FF and Eels may play the Marquee and think POR may play the slot before the sub. 

Edited by DDave

Are we all in agreement that the Foos were available but they decided not to book them? If the result of that decision is they can spread the budget more evenly around the rest of the bill then it's a strategy I'm more than happy with.

Obviously all festivals are measured to a certain extent by the size of their headliners but PKP has, at least in my time, always been more about the breadth of music on offer and the strength in depth across a whole range of genres. I'll always be in favour of this approach as it's definitely detrimental to the quality of the whole bill when they spunk loads of money on a couple of 'big' names. The line up is looking like it will be of a similar strength to 2017 (or maybe even better?) when they avoided expensive acts in favour of The xx, Editors, Bastille etc. They've done well to appease both the youth (Post, 21P) and us old gits (The National, Tame Impala) without breaking the bank and there's similar bands all the way down the bill to keep both camps happy.

Think there's a good chance if the next couple of announcements have a few biggish names alongside some niche curve-balls it could sell out this year.

• Upvote 2