Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

10 hours ago, DDave said:

We're staying there again albeit in a private room. Have shared in a hostel room there and it wasn't too bad. The Holiday Inn Express is the cheapest hotel in Hasselt this year I think. Just search for anywhere in Hasselt. Any other questions, please feel free to ask. 

Thanks for the reply. Is Hasselt the best place to stay for the fest or is there anywhere else around it 

34 minutes ago, TomButler said:

Thanks for the reply. Is Hasselt the best place to stay for the fest or is there anywhere else around it 

Hasselt is the easiest and best place to stay, yeah. You might find some air bnbs knocking around but it'll probably mean it'll be a bit out of the way. Hasselt has some really nice pubs and restaurants (and shops) and as someone said the shuttle bus is free  (or you can get the train or a taxi). We tend to stay out late so we spend a few hours in Hasselt before heading up to the festival around 3-4pm. Getting back on the shuttle bus is easy, takes about 20 minutes and there's not normally much queuing. 

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Hasselt is the easiest and best place to stay, yeah. You might find some air bnbs knocking around but it'll probably mean it'll be a bit out of the way. Hasselt has some really nice pubs and restaurants (and shops) and as someone said the shuttle bus is free  (or you can get the train or a taxi). We tend to stay out late so we spend a few hours in Hasselt before heading up to the festival around 3-4pm. Getting back on the shuttle bus is easy, takes about 20 minutes and there's not normally much queuing. 

Brilliant mate thanks. As you said the holiday inn looks the best bet. What’s the festival itself like? Can’t seem to find a lot of info about it just yet.  Been to a couple in Europe before mad cool last year. Usually a Glasto goer but no tickets this year. 

17 minutes ago, TomButler said:

Brilliant mate thanks. As you said the holiday inn looks the best bet. What’s the festival itself like? Can’t seem to find a lot of info about it just yet.  Been to a couple in Europe before mad cool last year. Usually a Glasto goer but no tickets this year. 

It's great, Friendly people, very, very well organised - rarely any queuing to get in, getting a beer or going to the toilets, not massive walks to each stage and it's normally programmed pretty well so clashes are kept to a minimum. Here's the clashfinder from last year

https://clashfinder.com/m/pkp2018/?user=0idn6x.bj

Still probably only halfway through on the number of acts and whilst it's not Glasto sized there's normally something for everyone. 

Maybe one more surprise this week @pukkelpop ...? I think we should tell them soon  # pkp19

- Sarah Mahassine (sarahmahassine) February 22, 2019

As I've said, if they end with the right band then the marketing team can pat themselves on the back this year. Got to be someone big for it to be a standalone announcement. I'm still going for the Foos on the Friday.

Edited by DDave

1 minute ago, DDave said:

Maybe one more surprise this week @pukkelpop ...? I think we should tell them soon  # pkp19

As I've said, if they end with the right band then the marketing team can pat themselves on the back this year. Got to be someone big for it to be a standalone announcement.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let's hear it for.............Travis Scott!!!!

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, DDave said:

As I've said, if they end with the right band then the marketing team can pat themselves on the back this year. Got to be someone big for it to be a standalone announcement. I'm still going for the Foos on the Friday.

If Sarah sees it as a surprise ... It'll be something crappy (for me) ?

You think she knows that Foo Fighters is a (rock)band? Probably never even heard of them ? I'm not getting excited if she is.

(More than) happy with what is announced so far. A few more interesting additions and I'm all-in again!