Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Today's inaccurate predictions:

Chvrches (Sarah's 'banger' + a higher than they should be slot) Franz Ferdinand, Suede, Father John Misty, Car Seat Headrest, Bodega, Mitski, The Beths, Slaves, Shame, Whitney, The Vaccines, Parcels, Pond, Spritiualized and Stereolab & Julia Jacklin. 

I would be very, very happy with the above.

one be one of the strongest line-ups riding on this.

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Today's inaccurate predictions:

Chvrches (Sarah's 'banger' + a higher than they should be slot) Franz Ferdinand, Suede, Father John Misty, Car Seat Headrest, Bodega, Mitski, The Beths, Slaves, Shame, Whitney, The Vaccines, Parcels, Pond, Spritiualized and Stereolab & Julia Jacklin. 

I would be very, very happy with the above.

If we got even half of those + Sharon Van Etten and Courtney Barnett I think I'd be buying my ticket tomorrow!

Prediction: Franz Ferdinand, Blossoms, Chvrches, Father John Misty, Sharon Van Etten, Courtney Barnett, Spiritualized, Car Seat Headrest, Julia Jacklin, Johnny Marr, Whitney, Big Thief, Metronomy, Parquets Courts, Mitski, Deerhunter, Parcels and The Streets (not sure if suitable for the indie day but they seem to have fluid genres) - Yes, I am far too optimistic and I doubt we'll get even half of those!

Edited by Millar95

For the fourth - and for the time being last - day in a row, Pukkelpop has strengthened its poster. Top of the new cargo is James Blake. The indietronic prince comes to Kiewit on 16 August with his new, excellent album Assume Form . Furthermore, Franz Ferdinand, Big Thief, Dermot Kennedy, Sharon Van Etten, Yves Tumor & It's Band and Portland were also confirmed for that day.

Saturday, August 17, with The Streets, which last week the AB still broke, an extra clapper on the poster. More hip hop nostalgia comes from Beastie Boy Mike D and his exclusive DJ set. Still announced for that day: Whitney, Parcels, Penelope Isles, Pound and LIFE.

Anna Calvi then presents the list of fresh blood for August 18, accompanied by Cavetown, I Do not Know How But They Found Me, Connan Mockasin, Two Feet, Yeasayer, Bodega, Hyukoh and The Beths.

Now it's just over with unloading names, reports Pukkelpop, but that does not mean that the poster is complete. The rest will follow shortly after the start of the ticket sale on Monday 25 February.

Happy with that, pity about no Suede or Doves but there you go. Life, The Beths, Bodega are three of the smaller names you should check out.

Still big slots to fill on the main (4 heads/subs?), no names tomorrow then. Hope we get a poster today.

Edited by DDave

13 minutes ago, DDave said:

For the fourth - and for the time being last - day in a row, Pukkelpop has strengthened its poster. Top of the new cargo is James Blake. The indietronic prince comes to Kiewit on 16 August with his new, excellent album Assume Form . Furthermore, Franz Ferdinand, Big Thief, Dermot Kennedy, Sharon Van Etten, Yves Tumor & It's Band and Portland were also confirmed for that day.

Saturday, August 17, with The Streets, which last week the AB still broke, an extra clapper on the poster. More hip hop nostalgia comes from Beastie Boy Mike D and his exclusive DJ set. Still announced for that day: Whitney, Parcels, Penelope Isles, Pound and LIFE.

Anna Calvi then presents the list of fresh blood for August 18, accompanied by Cavetown, I Do not Know How But They Found Me, Connan Mockasin, Two Feet, Yeasayer, Bodega, Hyukoh and The Beths.

Now it's just over with unloading names, reports Pukkelpop, but that does not mean that the poster is complete. The rest will follow shortly after the start of the ticket sale on Monday 25 February.

Happy with that, pity about no Suede or Doves but there you go. Life, The Beths, Bodega are three of the smaller names you should check out.

Still big slots to fill on the main, no names tomorrow then.

"The rest will follow shortly after the start of the ticket sale on Monday 25 February."

I guess this means a new package after the gigs of Anderson and Post Malone in Belgium?

16 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

"The rest will follow shortly after the start of the ticket sale on Monday 25 February."

I guess this means a new package after the gigs of Anderson and Post Malone in Belgium?

A big name is due to be announced to Studio Brussel this weekend (from festileaks)

Still quite a few Post Malone tickets left for Antwerp so hopefully it won't be him (at least this time). 

Edited by DDave

32 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

If a hostel is ok for you: Hostel H. It is near the station, where you can take the bus to the fest for free. 

We're staying there again albeit in a private room. Have shared in a hostel room there and it wasn't too bad. The Holiday Inn Express is the cheapest hotel in Hasselt this year I think. Just search for anywhere in Hasselt. Any other questions, please feel free to ask. 

Edited by DDave