Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

No Pukkelpop without dance. Drips beats this year: Sigma, Jon Hopkins, Avalon Emerson, Alison Wonderland, Volvox, Jauz, Job Jobse, Ekali, Modestep, Modeselektor and Agoria on Friday.

Stephan Bodzin, Ross from Friends, Palms Trax, Jeremy Underground, Honey Dijon, The Black Madonna, Sam Paganini, Camo & Krooked, SOHN, Hunee, Meute and Chase & status on Saturday.

And Amelie Lens, Pan-Pot, CamelPhat, Jayda G, Sango and the collaboration between techno pioneer Jeff Mills and Afrobeat drummer Tony Allen. Noteworthy: Allen also rattles The Good, The Bad & The Queen, one of the side projects of Blur frontman Damon Albarn. This year can be seen at Rock Werchter, but also announced at Lowlands, the sister festival of Pukkelpop that takes place in the same weekend ...

Again, another good announcement, very happy with Camelphat & Ross from Friends, will have to check out some of the others. Big spot for Amelie Lens unsurprisingly.  interesting that last bit about Damon's drummer, good chance of TGTBATQ  being announced tomorrow then?

What a cracking announcement! So much quality there across the board and loads of 'must sees' for me that will probably mean I spend another year doing shuttle runs between the dance stages for most of the weekend!

Friday - Modeselektor, Jon Hopkins, Avalon Emerson, Agoria, Sigma, Job Jobse

Saturday - Chase and Fucking Status, Stephan Bodzin (!), Sam Paginini, The Black Madonna, Hunee, Honey Dijon, Palms Trax, Ross from Friends

Sunday - Amelie Lens, Pan Pot, Camelphat, Jayda G, Jeff Mills

Big worry now is how to fit them all in, bearing in mind there's still a lot more to come.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Semprini said:

What a cracking announcement! So much quality there across the board and loads of 'must sees' for me that will probably mean I spend another year doing shuttle runs between the dance stages for most of the weekend!

Friday - Modeselektor, Jon Hopkins, Avalon Emerson, Agoria, Sigma, Job Jobse

Saturday - Chase and Fucking Status, Stephan Bodzin (!), Sam Paginini, The Black Madonna, Hunee, Honey Dijon, Palms Trax, Ross from Friends

Sunday - Amelie Lens, Pan Pot, Camelphat, Jayda G, Jeff Mills

Big worry now is how to fit them all in, bearing in mind there's still a lot more to come.

Same here! Excited!!! Starting to look a bit like pkp2017 all over. Didn't / don't know where to run to first?! ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Urban tomorrow and Indie Friday according to Festileaks board. Thought there was a distinct lack of mumble rap. Should see the Streets confirmed then and hopefully a couple of decent hop hop acts (as well as loads of shite) 

The person on Festileaks only said it because Sarah Mahassine tweeted there will be a banger tomorrow. It was a bit sarcastic, but it could be true. 

8 hours ago, Death By Sexy said:

There are some really obscure dj's in this list. I wonder which artist will play in the Boiler, Dance Hall, Castello, Booth,...

It's not as easy to predict some of them now due to the change of late night music policy in the Castello last year but here's my guesses (anything in bold I'm pretty much 100% certain of):

Friday

Boiler - Jauz, Alison Wonderland, Sigma, Modestep, Ekali, Job Jobse

Dance Hall - Modeselektor, Jon Hopkins, Martin Solveig, Joost

Castello - Agoria, Avalon Emerson, Flohio, Loyle Carner, Slowthai

Booth - Volvox

Saturday

Boiler - Sam Paganini, The Black Madonna, Honey Dijon

Dance Hall - Chase and Status, Camo and Krooked, Meute, De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig

Castello - Stephan Bodzin, Sohn, Ross from Friends, Franc Moody, Hunee, 

Booth - Palms Trax

Sunday

Boiler - Amelie Lens, Pan Pot, Camelphat, Sango

Dance Hall - Jeff Mills, Princess Nokia, 

Castello - Jayda G, Kate Tempest, Ghostmane

Sunday's looking a bit thin on the ground at the moment as only 17 names announced in total. Saturday is the best day for me so far as already into double figures with bands and DJs I want to see.

Hoping tomorrow brings a nice mix - would love to see Doves, The Streets and Friendly Fires get announced.

Edited by Semprini

14 minutes ago, DDave said:

Swedish House Mafia for Zurich Open Air.  Not totally ruling them out just yet. 

Please let it be the indie names today. Could make or break the line up for me. 

The last pkp-message yesterday on instagram: "...and 26 dancefloor killers tomorrow at four". That doesn't sound "indie"  ? Patience Dave! 

1 minute ago, DaveRSV4 said:

The last pkp-message yesterday on instagram: "...and 26 dancefloor killers tomorrow at four". That doesn't sound "indie"  ? Patience Dave! 

Did it?  I must be missing some of the stuff on Instagram, I don't see any of the hints they announced even though I follow them. Strange. 

So back to the Streets then. Wu Tang Clan just announced for Boardmasters. Get em booked! 

5 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

It’s the last slide on their insta story, but I think it refers to yesterday’s drop. No way they’re gonna announce another 26 dance names today. 

Yeah that's what I thought. Although I'm a lot less savvy on IG than anything else barring Snapchat! 

10 minutes ago, DDave said:

Yeah that's what I thought. Although I'm a lot less savvy on IG than anything else barring Snapchat! 

17 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

It’s the last slide on their insta story, but I think it refers to yesterday’s drop. No way they’re gonna announce another 26 dance names today. 

@visdave34 you're right (this time?)! checked it again, on their insta-story yesterday, 3 posts: Amelie Lens, Sigma and Stephan Bodzin. An then their last post: "...and 26 more dance floor killers."  Added up makes 29 names they announced yesterday. so, "more tomorrow at four" doesn't refer to dancefloorkillers, and Ddave will get his indie-names today! 

Today's inaccurate predictions:

Chvrches (Sarah's 'banger' + a higher than they should be slot) Franz Ferdinand, Suede, Father John Misty, Car Seat Headrest, Bodega, Mitski, The Beths, Slaves, Shame, Whitney, The Vaccines, Parcels, Pond, Spritiualized and Stereolab & Julia Jacklin. 

I would be very, very happy with the above.

52 minutes ago, DDave said:

Chvrches (Sarah's 'banger' + a higher than they should be slot) Franz Ferdinand, Suede, Father John Misty, Car Seat Headrest, Bodega, Mitski, The Beths, Slaves, Shame, Whitney, The Vaccines, Parcels, Pond, Spritiualized and Stereolab & Julia Jacklin. 

Would be happy to see Suede, but they play portuguese fest on 17th, so they're unlikely i suppose.

56 minutes ago, DDave said:

Great list! Fingers crossed for you ?