Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

Pukkelpop has announced new names. Fattest fish in the catch is Eels. E is coming to Kiewit for the sixth time, this year on Saturday 17 August. The rest of the list consists of striking guitar bands.

"Rock was, is and will always be the cradle of Pukkelpop," says Chokri Mahassine. On Friday, August 16, Pennywise, White Lies and IDLES will be added to the poster. On Saturday, next to Eels, The Chats will also perform alongside The Story So Far, Brass Against, Orange, Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls, PIP, Skeggs and Equal Idiots. After the mass on Sunday, it is Good Charlotte and PVRIS to hand out hostions. A new cargo will be announced on Tuesday at 4 pm. The ticket sale starts Monday, February 25 at 1 pm.

Very, very happy with Idles, called it early on as I knew Chokri is a big fan. They'll smash the club stage. Very happy with Eels as well. the rest is a bit meh but looking forward to what I assume are the indie names tomorrow...

Edited by DDave

So assuming it's Indie tomorrow - I'm going for Franz Ferdinand, Father John Misty, Bodega, I don't know how but they found me, James Blake (possibly on the electronic day), Pond, Parcels, The Vaccines, Whitney, Sharon Van Etten, Stereolab, Courtney Barnett and a couple of bands I've not heard of

• Upvote 4

The band I am missing here is Zeal and Ardor. They missed them last year and since they are around in august I'm hoping they will book them. Belgian rock additions I'm hoping for are Raketkanon (check out their new single "Ricky" WOW), It It Anita (best thing from or Walloon friends since....euh 1830) and Brutus.

For now extremely happy with Idles and Code Orange and very happy with Eels. The Chats are interesting too.

9 minutes ago, Salva said:

For now extremely happy with Idles and Code Orange and very happy with Eels. The Chats are interesting too.

Idles are almost everywhere and played Rw last year so I'd put my money on them. (It's harder to predict where they will NOT play next summer :)

15 hours ago, DDave said:

So assuming it's Indie tomorrow - I'm going for Franz Ferdinand, Father John Misty, Bodega, I don't know how but they found me, James Blake (possibly on the electronic day), Pond, Parcels, The Vaccines, Whitney, Sharon Van Etten, Stereolab, Courtney Barnett and a couple of bands I've not heard of

I'm expecting Son Lux too. They've been at PKP 2015, made one of the most interesting (imho) 2018 albums and been announced at Sziget.

6 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Friday headliner is still missing? Who do you think it is and when do you think we‘ll know?

Think it will be Anderson Paak and Post Malone. Both are playing in Antwerp (10 and 11 march) so they will probably be announced somewhere end of march.

Just now, gigi21 said:

I'm expecting Son Lux too. They've been at PKP 2015, made one of the most interesting (imho) 2018 albums and been announced at Sziget.

Would love to see them again. I was there in the Club at PKP 2015 and they were really good. Small crowd though (but I never mind that)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Salva said:

Think it will be Anderson Paak and Post Malone. Both are playing in Antwerp (10 and 11 march) so they will probably be announced somewhere end of march.

So based on that, which is probably right, we can still reasonably expect dance Closers on all 3 nights and a sub on Sunday, unless we get a headliner/sub on the Friday and Post Malone closes it? 

Anderson Paak - Post Malone - dance closer (e.g.Major Lazer) 

Royal Blood - Tame Impala - dance closer (e.g. 2ManyDjs)

Subheadliner - 21 Pilots - dance closer (eg Netsky) 

Stil a pretty weak top end on the main stage so far but still has potential and is acceptable if the undercard carries on the way it has been going. 

Edited by DDave

Announced for Wilderness - 3-5 August - Robyn, Bombay Bicycle Club, Groove Armada (live), Tom Odell, Caravan Palace, Tom Grennan, Freya Ridings, Olafur Arnalds, George FitzGerald, Eats Everything, Honey Dijon, Erol Alkan, The Cause presents Adonis & Tribes, Soak, Blanco White, Durand Jones & The Indications, Ronnie Scott's presents: Incognito, Ata Kak (Awesome Tapes from Africa), Beating Heart, and Jurassic 5's Soup presents: The Fullee Love Collective.

Fingers crossed for the 1st 3 names.