Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

Decent if predictable start with those two names. Looking forward to seeing who we get over the next few announcements though and still hopeful there'll be plenty of good bands and DJs once the bulk of the line up is known. Great news that Doves will be playing Victorious the weekend after PKP - got to make them a strong possibility now!

Just now, gigi21 said:

Is it possible that the new thursday-sunday formula means big international names during all the 4 days (with some more names or longer sets and consequencial increase in the weekend ticket's price)?

Had this thought myself. They have still billed it as the pre-party but I suppose we might get more well known names for it...probably not though. 

Just now, TheNewUnion said:

Royal Blood, excellent. T'other one, I'm probably too old but I've never even heard the name. One for me to check out. 

"Welcoming Rising star Billie...."

She's got one "hit". If we're getting this kind of names at this moment....Doesn't really look promising again ?

Someone on the festileaks board said that today's names would please the pukkelpop target audience - . I think that the strategy this year may be to announce artists that will please both camps of teeny boppers and the more shall we say, discerning, older Pukkelpopper s at the same time, hence Twenty One Pilots for the youngsters and Tame Impala for the oldies yesterday and obviously Billie Eilish and Royal Blood for the same today.

Anyway, not a bad start - Saturday is looking great already. I was worried that Eilish was to be given a headline or a sub slot but looks like its not the case, thankfully.

Based on my thinking....Foos and Post Malone for Fridays announcement?? 

Edited by DDave

1 minute ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

She's pretty talented, songs are good too. Better than your average pop starlet. 

Like a dark Sigrid. Polar opposites. 

Agree...I only know 2 songs but both of them are good imo. 

4 bookings: 1 must see, 1 very good, 1 interesting, 1 meh....

10 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

T'other one, I'm probably too old but I've never even heard the name.

You and me both...

And having just listened to her 'hit' I think I'll pass thanks.

Still, 1 out of 4 so far (Royal Blood) is not a bad average. Keep that up and I'll still have 55-60 acts to try and see.

Edited by Trufflehound
  • Upvote 2

From HBVL

HASSELT - 

We already knew that Tame Impala and Twenty One Pilots are coming to Kiewit. Now, Pukkelpop is resolving two arm-length names. The British rockers of Royal Blood will demolish the main stage on Saturday 17 August, a day later it will be the world star in the making Billie Eilish to make her appearance in Kiewit.

For both artists it will be the first time in Kiewit. Especially for the British rock duo Royal Blood, it can be surprising: singer and bassist Mike Kerr and drummer Ben Thatcher have already been active for several years in the renovation of Belgian festival venues. The main stage of Pukkelpop will also be held on Saturday 17 August.

"Royal Blood, that's one wall of sound," says organizer Chokri Mahassine. "I watch the two guests with astonishment. They play for the first time at Pukkelpop and they have a new record by then. It will be pruning hard anyway! "

Mahassine is looking forward to the new name on Sunday, Billie Eilish. Billie who !? Well, the barely 18-year-old American is a world star in the making: thanks to an ever growing legion of fans, an EP full of dreamy electropop that has been in the Billboard Top 200 for over eighteen months, a song on the soundtrack of the Netflix hit ' 13 Reasons Why ', more than 5 billion streams and a completely sold out world tour. "What a voice, what a talent!" Says Chokri. "This 18-year-old girl becomes a very big madame, everyone feels that." Her debut album 'When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?' will be released on Friday 29 March.

Looking forward to Royal Blood pruning hard, personally.

• Upvote 2