Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

My biggest issue with that poster is the inclusion of Swedish House Mafia. In the past 10 years there have been only 1 or 2 Tomorrowland editions where either SHM or Axwell/Ingrosso didn't appear on the lineup. I just cannot imagine that the SHM would then give a pass to play Pukkelpop instead.

Anyway, bring on tomorrow 4pm. It's been years since I've been so confident about a good Pukkelpop announcement. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lighthouse said:

Worse? How then? This is the worst possible lineup you could make with everything that's touring in august.

I have a good feeling about the real lineup, though. I suspect (at least) 2 big surprises. ?

Interesting.  The two best surprises they can pull for me are the Strokes and Neil Young, now that would be amazing. 

Pretty much radio silence from the press and the organisers. Only one self confirmation (Tamino) and one semi confirmation (Equal Idiots from someone on the festileaks forum). Must be a record.

They've done well keeping this under wraps this year, let's hope the line-up doesn't disappoint. 

3 minutes ago, Millar95 said:

With the acts around, this has the potential to be one of the best Pukklepop line ups in a long time, but that means we're almost definitely setting ourselves up for disappointment. Fingers crossed though!

Correct, we've been here before yet still as always l I'm very, very optimistic. 

23 minutes ago, DDave said:

Pretty much radio silence from the press and the organisers. Only one self confirmation (Tamino) and one semi confirmation (Equal Idiots from someone on the festileaks forum). Must be a record.

They've done well keeping this under wraps this year, let's hope the line-up doesn't disappoint. 

I was thinking: will they release a lot of names today? 

Maybe they will do the same as last year (2 names at tuesday, wednesday and thursday and a lot of smaller names at friday). 

I really hope they will just release 50 names today. 

10 minutes ago, DDave said:

Correct, we've been here before yet still as always l I'm very, very optimistic. 

I think if the undercard is strong, and we get both Tame Impala and the National as two of the big names (which I'm optimistic about), it'll be a success given how poor most festival line ups have been this year. Hoping for a healthy mix of the Lowlands/Green Man/Paredes de Coura/End of the Road line ups! 

9 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

I was thinking: will they release a lot of names today? 

Maybe they will do the same as last year (2 names at tuesday, wednesday and thursday and a lot of smaller names at friday). 

I really hope they will just release 50 names today. 

They normally release about a third of the line up in the first lot so if it's true to form it could be 60-70

The poster is very realistic and plausible.
However, some minor mistakes here and there as previously mentioned + Ziggy Marley will not play, and - as is always the case with fan-made posters - overly optimistic. Also, many of these smaller sort of names will probably not be announced in this phase yet.

But all in all, impressive work from whoever made this :) 

2 minutes ago, Jazebel said:

The poster is very realistic and plausible.
However, some minor mistakes here and there as previously mentioned + Ziggy Marley will not play, and - as is always the case with fan-made posters - overly optimistic. Also, many of these smaller sort of names will probably not be announced in this phase yet.

But all in all, impressive work from whoever made this :) 

OVERLY optimistic???

fucking hell, I'm on phase 2 already @johnybegood!

• Like 1

On Studio Brussel this morning they mentioned that the first names (so plural) would be released today. But still, could be the same format as last year with 2 names a day. Hope not. If they have an old school lineup in terms of quality, I hope they also release the artists like they did in the past: 80 names at once.

1 minute ago, TheKiewitGuy said:

On Studio Brussel this morning they mentioned that the first names (so plural) would be released today. But still, could be the same format as last year with 2 names a day. Hope not. If they have an old school lineup in terms of quality, I hope they also release the artists like they did in the past: 80 names at once.

Think the first names will be a big batch as to avoid a situation like last year. Any idea how many we're getting @jezebel ? you seem to be in the know regarding RW, maybe it's the same with PKP?