Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Huh. So you would either be happy that you’re right or happy that you’re wrong. 

This changes everything.

This is Pukkelpop, if they're not booked there's a very good chance of it being someone worse. I'm still saying that they've got the Foos AND Sheeran booked but being realistic it's likely to be one or the other. That said, Sziget have got them both so it's definitely possible.

I don't like Sheeran either so another win-win scenario.

From SW4. Can see that Wilkinson show happening in the Dance Hall if it is indeed a UK exclusive and not a European one.

The highlights include a UK festival exclusive performance from Wilkinson, as he debuts his brand new Live show ALL FOR YOU in a homecoming performance that is set to be written in festival folklore. Having an arsenal of sold out Live shows under his belt, his desire to curate a truly special one off show is clearly visible with SW4 the ONLY place you can witness this in 2019. He'll be joined by the don Shy FX has he brings his Cult.ure show to Clapham for the very first time in a UK festival exclusive. Whilst on the Saturday, French powerhouses Tchami x Malaa combine for a debut presenting their critically acclaimed 'No Redemption’ show, whilst the legendary Basement Jaxx return to SW4 after one of the standout performances of our 2018 edition.

To add to this, we welcome for a SW4 debut Alison Wonderland, whilst returning favourites such as Armand Van HeldenFriction presents CONNECTIONS and Switch: Hype & Hazard join us + many many more.

Edited by DDave

4 hours ago, Dietediet said:

Oh Sees more than likely ruled out. Playing Brussels early September.

Aghh...Fuck.

On the bright side however, Black Eyed Peas and Skunk Anansie also ruled out.

Should be getting the names soon. Surprised there's been no self confirmations so far. Eels confirmed themselves for Rock En Seine. Thought we might have had the same treatment.

Edited by DDave

1 hour ago, DDave said:

Should be getting the names soon. 

Wish list is still open so reckon we're a couple of weeks away at least.

Picked up a rumour from someone on a small local forum a few days ago that he's heard from a few sources that the 'old school' line up this year is really good. I'm relying on Google so it's no doubt lost a little bit in translation but the quote is below for all you native speakers:

Soit, ik hoor via verschillende kanalen wel dat de line up voor Pukkelpop er old skool goed uit ziet, dus ik ben zelf ook heel benieuwd.

4 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Don't know if it'll be names (probably not yet) we're getting..but monday at 4pm Pukkelpop is sharing something. Just announced on their FB page

Wouldn't know what else they would make such a fuss about. Anything else than a line up drop would be a huge disappointment and that would make little sense marketing-wise.

13 hours ago, Semprini said:

Pleased to report my predictions are spot on as usual!! ?

Couple of people who work for PKP have shared the link on Facebook - one has used the chick hatching out of an egg emoji and the other has said, 'Let's go! #PKP19' so pretty sure it's the first names.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Semprini said:

Picked up a rumour from someone on a small local forum a few days ago that he's heard from a few sources that the 'old school' line up this year is really good. I'm relying on Google so it's no doubt lost a little bit in translation but the quote is below for all you native speakers:

Soit, ik hoor via verschillende kanalen wel dat de line up voor Pukkelpop er old skool goed uit ziet, dus ik ben zelf ook heel benieuwd.

Where did you get that quote?

2 hours ago, pryce said:

really really hope its good! a bit stuck for European festivals this year, none jumping out at me

I'm confident of a good one this year and with good reason, there's loads and loads of good bands about this time. My main hope is that they learn from having the weakest day ever last year and put out a strong program over the 3 days. If it's similar to Lowlands with decent replacements for the ones that are ruled out, a few choice names from Paredes De Coura and Green Man + a decent dance line up then I'll be happy. 

Edited by DDave

2 minutes ago, Semprini said:

It was someone on the Stinky Little Gods forum. Not the most active place but there's always a few people who seem to have a bit of inside info from time to time.

By old school did you mean old school rave-type music or just older Marquee/Club type bands?