Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

Tame Impala announced for La Route Du Rock on the Thursday. Great first name for what's not a massive festival.

Think we can safely say they're heading to Pukkelpop. The National & Tame Impala on the same night a la Arcade Fire and TWOD?

Edit - announced 4 days ago, surprised I missed it. Interesting to see they have changed their dates to the Wed-Sat after a low selling Sunday (with a great line up as well). They've said it would make it easier to attract a bigger name that they can't get on the Friday or Saturday. Looks like its paid off

https://www.ouest-france.fr/festivals/la-route-du-rock/saint-malo-la-route-du-rock-fait-l-impasse-sur-le-dimanche-pour-sa-29e-edition-6144861

Edited by DDave

2 hours ago, Stef_P82 said:

Came here to post this. Great news indeed.

I have to say, I'm very jealous about some of the names Dour dropped...

To be honest I don't mind them booking shite headliners for the Main as long as there are good alternatives in the Club/Castello/Lift like last year. Having said that: RW booking Bastille to sub PINK on thursday increases the chances of getting Tame Impala at PKP. For me personal, of all the potential headliners being named here it's the only one I really would like to see.

Robyn is playing Smash Fest (these names get worse!) in Sweden on the Saturday. Can't see her doing that sandwiched between both Lowlands and Pukkelpop. She does have a Dutch gig in April and noticeably no Belgian date so would be more likely to do Pukkelpop if either of the two you'd think.

On 1/16/2019 at 4:18 PM, DDave said:

Robyn is playing Smash Fest (these names get worse!) in Sweden on the Saturday. Can't see her doing that sandwiched between both Lowlands and Pukkelpop. She does have a Dutch gig in April and noticeably no Belgian date so would be more likely to do Pukkelpop if either of the two you'd think.

Werchter has her.

On 1/16/2019 at 8:20 AM, Stef_P82 said:

I have to say, I'm very jealous about some of the names Dour dropped...

It always used to be Rock Werchter that I was most concerned about in terms of 'losing' names to but in the past few years Dour has taken over in that respect. That could change tomorrow though so hope I haven't talked it up!! We usually get at least a few names from the RW line up but as it's so close to PKP there's virtually no overlap with Dour. I'd have definitely taken DJ Marky, Solomun, Bicep, George Fitzgerald, Paula Temple, I Hate Models and Richie Hawtin from their last announcement.

Pretty sure we'll get the first Lowlands names next week so that will give us the best idea yet of what to expect.

Definitely take Yeasayer from that list and think we'll get Little Simz too as she's exactly the kind of act they like to have in the Dance Hall now.

Seen that Creamfields have booked Adam Beyer x Cirez D - we so need this combo at PKP. Would be my headliner whatever night they played.

Edited by Semprini