Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

Submitted my wishlist and got an email to say my music taste is "lit AF" (whatever that means) and that my Wishlist and the Lineup has a match.

Now, the only problem is I cannot 100% remember what I put!

I think it was Neil Young, The Hold Steady and Teenage Fanclub.

I'd obviously be hoping for Neil Young, but if I had to guess I would say that Teenage Fanclub would be the most likely.

19 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

Submitted my wishlist and got an email to say my music taste is "lit AF" (whatever that means) and that my Wishlist and the Lineup has a match.

Now, the only problem is I cannot 100% remember what I put!

I think it was Neil Young, The Hold Steady and Teenage Fanclub.

I'd obviously be hoping for Neil Young, but if I had to guess I would say that Teenage Fanclub would be the most likely.

I had that email, it was for the 2018 edition (I wished for Arcade Fire)

23 minutes ago, TheNewUnion said:

In which case, one from Neil/Hold Steady/Teenage Fannies are playing for sure. I'm going Teenage Fannies

Also, if one of the lads can get a pass, I am probably coming to the festival again this year!

No, I mean I got the same email today and it referred to one of my choices being correct for this years edition (Arcade Fire).

And great news if you are coming! Failing an horrific line up, we'll be there again.

Edited by DDave

THEA HJELMELAND / FARAO / BIG THIEF (US) / KADJHA BONET (US) added to Oya

Chance the Rapper added to Longitude in July. Bet he'll be making up for his cancellation at Pukkelpop next year (won't be at Summer Sonic as he played it this year)

Edited by DDave

On 11/30/2018 at 10:54 PM, Dietediet said:

But there is no way that both Foos and Ed Sheeran are playing. We're talking about a festival that had the likes of Bastille, Oscar & The Wolf and Alt-J headlining in recent editions.

To be totally fair, alt-J were headlining quite a lot of festivals the year they headlined and Oscar And The Wolf are big in Belgium.

But you're totally right about Bastille. I'll never understand how Pukkelpop considers Bastille to be headliner material though for two separate editions. Their 2017 set may have been one of the worst headliner sets I've seen the last decade or so.

Edited by Mau5

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

FAO @DDave; Foo Fighters' European summer tour seems to be sticking religiously to having days off between shows. So unless they have big bands on opening day, I think it's not happening.

True. Although they have done back to back dates in the States and Canada in October at so who knows. I'd be amazed if they passed up the opportunity to book em and we know that certain artists have been booked well in advance this time so still makes sense to me.

Gutted I missed out on 2018 edition but there wasn't enough incentive for me to go. Kurt Vile is a RW but I'd like to see him as a crossover act for this edition.

Anyone ruled out the Prodigy at this years PKP? Drip announcing festivals at the end of July just now and have a new album out. I'd be quite happy with them as headliners to be honest. Way better than the shit that Chokri's daughter posted on her wishlist.

On 12/7/2018 at 1:40 PM, SilverLining said:

Gutted I missed out on 2018 edition but there wasn't enough incentive for me to go. Kurt Vile is a RW but I'd like to see him as a crossover act for this edition.

Anyone ruled out the Prodigy at this years PKP? Drip announcing festivals at the end of July just now and have a new album out. I'd be quite happy with them as headliners to be honest. Way better than the shit that Chokri's daughter posted on her wishlist.

They could be at pkp, but also at Rock Werchter, Lokerse Feesten, Dour,.... plenty of possibilities. 

Flow Festival announces Tame Impala, Father John Misty, Modeselektor and Robyn. Send all 4 of them over please. Especially pleased for the fact that Tame Impala is still around in august. Since they haven't been announced for Werchter yet I think chances that they will headline a PKP day are increasing.

Next to that Jorja Smith and Major Lazer announced for Rock en Seine.  I think we can write them down. I don't care for ML but Jorja Smith would be nice.

Edited by Salva

1 hour ago, Salva said:

Flow Festival announces Tame Impala, Father John Misty, Modeselektor and Robyn. Send all 4 of them over please. Especially pleased for the fact that Tame Impala is still around in august. Since they haven't been announced for Werchter yet I think chances that they will headline a PKP day are increasing.

Next to that Jorja Smith and Major Lazer announced for Rock en Seine.  I think we can write them down. I don't care for ML but Jorja Smith would be nice.

Jorja Smith I think is a definite. Tame Impala won't be in Japan as they played Summer Sonic this year so good chance of them appearing. Mitski from the Flow line up I think will be there as well, been in the top ten albums of a lot of lists recently. Father John Misty and Robyn in the Marquee most likely.

Let's hope Major Lazer will be taken to Japan during Pukkelpop.

First names announced fot Highfield Festival (same PKP weekend in Germany)

Thirty Seconds to Mars | The Prodigy | The Offspring | AnnenMayKantereit | BonezMC187ers & RAF Camora | Fettes Brot | Cro | Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls | Enter Shikari | Faber | Ufo361 | Die Orsons | Muff Potter | OK KID | Yung hurn | Nothing But Thieves | Talco | Mayday Parade | MONTREAL | sookee | Monsters of Liedermaching | The Story So Far | Blackout Problems | Rogers | KMPFSPRT

30 Seconds To Mars fits perfectly for headlining PKP: shitty band with tons of teen fans. I think that they will take the "rock" headline slot instead of Dave's prediction (Foo Fighters)

23 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

30 Seconds To Mars fits perfectly for headlining PKP: shitty band with tons of teen fans. I think that they will take the "rock" headline slot instead of Dave's prediction (Foo Fighters)

Last year 30STM headlined Brussels Summer Festival, not even able to sell out an 8k-10k fest in a coheadline construction with a Belgian arena act, at 30 euro tickets.

Just to say that 30STM are far from headlining Pukkelpop.

Edited by Dietediet

1 minute ago, Dietediet said:

Last year 30STM headlined Brussels Summer Festival, not even able to sell out an 8k-10k fest in a coheadline construction with a Belgian arena act, at 30 euro tickets.

Just to say that 30STM are far from headlining Pukkelpop.

I am thinking in a horrendous Bastille-30 Seconds to Mars night next year in the Main Stage... 

30 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

First names announced fot Highfield Festival (same PKP weekend in Germany)

Thirty Seconds to Mars | The Prodigy | The Offspring | AnnenMayKantereit | BonezMC187ers & RAF Camora | Fettes Brot | Cro | Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls | Enter Shikari | Faber | Ufo361 | Die Orsons | Muff Potter | OK KID | Yung hurn | Nothing But Thieves | Talco | Mayday Parade | MONTREAL | sookee | Monsters of Liedermaching | The Story So Far | Blackout Problems | Rogers | KMPFSPRT

The Germans not taking Primavera's stance then. only one female on the whole bill #cockfest2019