Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

4 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Dave, I think we won't have the Foos at PKP. Chokri do not book twice huge bands. I think that Glasgow date rule them out from PKP, as I can't see them playing two nights in a row in different countries.

The question is: which band is so important that made them change the normal Thursday-Saturday festival to a Friday-Sunday one for the 1st time in their history? Foos aren't the answer as they are on sunday in Ireland.

Has there ever been an official announcement by the Pukkelpop-management that Pukkelpop next year takes place on fri/sat/sun due to a big band? Could also be for another reason ( sunday instead of thursday, easier for the working people) 

5 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Dave, I think we won't have the Foos at PKP. Chokri do not book twice huge bands. I think that Glasgow date rule them out from PKP, as I can't see them playing two nights in a row in different countries.

The question is: which band is so important that made them change the normal Thursday-Saturday festival to a Friday-Sunday one for the 1st time in their history? Foos aren't the answer as they are on sunday in Ireland.

Foos did different countries back to back on their last festival tour, and they quite often did different sttes back to back in their last US tour 

28 minutes ago, DaveRSV4 said:

Has there ever been an official announcement by the Pukkelpop-management that Pukkelpop next year takes place on fri/sat/sun due to a big band? Could also be for another reason ( sunday instead of thursday, easier for the working people) 

From an article just after PKP 2018 -

Chokri Mahassine speaks of an experiment. "We try to reinvent ourselves over and over again." Pukkelpop is the festival of experiment, in all areas, so why not this? Moreover, Thursday 15 August is a public holiday and you can make a wonderful extended weekend. "

I still think this is to accommodate an artist. Otherwise, having it on a Thurs/Fri/Sat makes it easier for them to share bands with Lowlands / Green Man / Paredes de Coura and Frequency. Makes no sense changing it for the sake of it and knowing what we know now it would have been easier to stick with Thursday/Friday/Saturday to have the Foos on the Thursday.

Re: Sheeran - the 2 Ipswich dates the week after were extended to 4. Surely the Leeds dates on the 16th/17th could have easily been extended to sell more tickets in the north of england but possibly weren't due to him being at PKP (and maybe, although a lot less likely Lowlands on the Saturday) My thinking is that the only date they could offer Pukkelpop was the Sunday which is why it has moved. The full Ed Sheeran stage set up would move from Ipswich to Leeds and we'd get just Ed Sheeran without the stage set up in between. The offer must have gone in ages ago so it's perfectly fathomable.

Don't see why this is being ruled out by so many people tbh. Think it's less likely that the Foos will be there personally but I think they both will be with a piss weak day in between.

Edited by DDave
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DDave said:

Re: Sheeran - the 2 Ipswich dates the week after were extended to 4. Surely the Leeds dates on the 16th/17th could have easily been extended to sell more tickets in the north of england but possibly weren't due to him being at PKP (and maybe, although a lot less likely Lowlands on the Saturday) My thinking is that the only date they could offer Pukkelpop was the Sunday which is why it has moved. The full Ed Sheeran stage set up would move from Ipswich to Leeds and we'd get just Ed Sheeran without the stage set up in between. The offer must have gone in ages ago so it's perfectly fathomable.

Don't see why this is being ruled out by so many people tbh. Think it's less likely that the Foos will be there personally but I think they both will be with a piss weak day in between.

Makes sense. I kinda ruled out Ed for sunday due to the 16th and 17th-dates at Leeds. But If he can play 4 evenings in a row in Ipswich, maybe he'll hop over to perform on sunday at PKP. Hope you're wrong about the piss weak day in between, but you could be right on that one too ☹️

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Foos did different countries back to back on their last festival tour, and they quite often did different sttes back to back in their last US tour 

He had voice problems at the last festival tour, maybe he changed his mind about performing back to back evenings. 

I still can't see Ed Sheeran happening, but time will tell. 

15 minutes ago, Death By Sexy said:

He had voice problems at the last festival tour, maybe he changed his mind about performing back to back evenings. 

I still can't see Ed Sheeran happening, but time will tell. 

theyve played back to back dates  across different states multiple times last month 

Edited by Muppetmark

So, Neil Young for BST.  I just wonder if he remembers that he owes us one? 

Sziget new names (minus the ones who played PKP this year)- Foo Fighters, Florence and the Machine, TwentyOnePilots, The 1975, Martin Garrix, Frank Turner, Richard Ashcroft, ALMA, Catfish and the Bottlemen, CHVRCHES,  Idles,  PALE WAVES, Parcels, boy pablo, Of Mice and Men, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Gang of Youths.

Interesting to see that 21P are subbing the Foos so could happen at Pukkelpop as well.

Most importantly, Idles are around in August. If there's one name I'm super confident of being on the line up it's them - Probably Club slot like King Giz this year.

Edited by DDave

5 hours ago, Sandwichkid said:

Frequency will reveal the first bands on Thurday 4 pm CET

If the Foos get announced for it then we can probably rule them out for Pukkelpop, otherwise it'd be 4 countries in 5 days with a run of Austria/Hasselt and Glasgow in 3 days. Just don't see it. The obvious thing to do would be Sziget / Frequency / Glasgow and then Belfast which gives them a day off in between gigs. That said I still think they'll play on the Friday at Pukkelpop and probably skip Frequency.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

If the Foos get announced for it then we can probably rule them out for Pukkelpop, otherwise it'd be 4 countries in 5 days with a run of Austria/Hasselt and Glasgow in 3 days. Just don't see it. The obvious thing to do would be Sziget / Frequency / Glasgow and then Belfast which gives them a day off in between gigs. That said I still think they'll play on the Friday at Pukkelpop and probably skip Frequency.

I think they will choose Pukkelpop, the audience at Frequency has changed, lots of very young people, who are more interested in acts like Martin Garrix, 21 Pilots, Post Malone, that kind of stuff, and there are other german and austrian acts, for example Raf Camora or Casper+Materia, who are headliner candidates too...

32 minutes ago, Andrej said:

I think its very unlikely that the Foos will be at Frequency. That festival changed a lot, its mostly electronic music, modern urban stuff, very little guitars lately. If i am seeing the schedule right, FF will do Sziget - Pukkelpop - Glasgow.

And still there were LOTS of guitar-oriented music this year - Sum 41, Papa Roach, Dropkick Murphys, The Vaccines etc.
If promoters have an opportunity to bring Foos to Frequency they'll certainly do it.
Waiting for tomorrow announcement.