Pukkelpop 2019

DDave

44 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

New R&L rumour for the weekend after places Twenty One Pilots, 1975 and Foo Fighters in the area. The guy has given reliable info before (Catfish at APE and Killers at Latitude) but did get R&L wrong last year.

Don't know about 1975. But the first ...Twenty one pilots... seems likely, and there have been heavy rumours circulating about the Foo's quite a while now. Even mentionned that Foo's are already one of the certainties.

Edited by DaveRSV4

• 3 weeks later...

Ruled out – The Cure, Shawn Mendes, Metallica, Mumford & Sons, Muse, Pink

Don't think we'll get Bastille again, I bloody hope not anyway.

Still feel pretty confident about the top line predictions, unless the Foos play a stand alone gig at the RW site then the chances of them turning up at Pukkelpop have got to be fairly high. Thankfully RW has taken Muse. Wouldn’t have minded The Cure or even Pink tbh but never mind. Personal hope is that the Strokes do some of the August festivals and drop by at Pukkelpop. I’m still saying that Ed Sheeran will play as well. Wouldn’t surprise me if its the Foos – Ed Sheeran and Twenty One Pilots for the 3 main headliners (I do not want to be right though)

Still ages to go but further down the bill, based on who was at other Belgian festivals, acts who were unavailable for Pukkelpop this year, bands who are due a return and acts who have new albums out I think there could be a good chance of seeing these on the line up:

Main - Vampire Weekend, Panic at the Disco!, Lorde - suprised she's not been at Pkp so far so wouldn't be surprised to see her in the Dua Lipa slot, Same goes for Ellie Goulding who went down well with the teeny boppers in 2015. Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals, The Kooks, Chvrches, Kaleo, Mike Shinoda, Chance the Rapper, Christine and the Queens

Marquee – Beck, Robyn, Suede, The 1975, Haim, MGMT, St.Vincent, Future Islands, a couple of metal bands i.e. Mastadon, Opeth, Avenged Sevenfold etc

Club - Idles, The Oh Sees (or whatever they're called these days) Thundercat, Kamasi Washington, DMA’s, Whitney

Boiler Room – Camelphat, Solardo, Noisia, Kaytranada, FatimaYamaha, Mumbai Science

Dance Hall – Jorja Smith, Soulwax, Groove Armada, Bloody Beetroots, Dusky, Duke Dumont, Gorgon City, Pendulum,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Ruled out – The Cure, Shawn Mendes, Metallica, Mumford & Sons, Muse, Pink

Don't think we'll get Bastille again, I bloody hope not anyway.

Still feel pretty confident about the top line predictions, unless the Foos play a stand alone gig at the RW site then the chances of them turning up at Pukkelpop have got to be fairly high. Thankfully RW has taken Muse. Wouldn’t have minded The Cure or even Pink tbh but never mind. Personal hope is that the Strokes do some of the August festivals and drop by at Pukkelpop. I’m still saying that Ed Sheeran will play as well. Wouldn’t surprise me if its the Foos – Ed Sheeran and Twenty One Pilots for the 3 main headliners (I do not want to be right though)

Still ages to go but further down the bill, based on who was at other Belgian festivals, acts who were unavailable for Pukkelpop this year, bands who are due a return and acts who have new albums out I think there could be a good chance of seeing these on the line up:

Main - Vampire Weekend, Panic at the Disco!, Lorde - suprised she's not been at Pkp so far so wouldn't be surprised to see her in the Dua Lipa slot, Same goes for Ellie Goulding who went down well with the teeny boppers in 2015. Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals, The Kooks, Chvrches, Kaleo, Mike Shinoda, Chance the Rapper, Christine and the Queens

Marquee – Beck, Robyn, Suede, The 1975, Haim, MGMT, St.Vincent, Future Islands, a couple of metal bands i.e. Mastadon, Opeth, Avenged Sevenfold etc

Club - Idles, The Oh Sees (or whatever they're called these days) Thundercat, Kamasi Washington, DMA’s, Whitney

Boiler Room – Camelphat, Solardo, Noisia, Kaytranada, FatimaYamaha, Mumbai Science

Dance Hall – Jorja Smith, Soulwax, Groove Armada, Bloody Beetroots, Dusky, Duke Dumont, Gorgon City, Pendulum,

There are some possible bookings there, although HAIM and Lorde are taking a break.

On 10/19/2018 at 7:10 PM, StupidDream said:

Think they'll put The 1975 on the main instead of Marquee, won't be smaller than Kaleo or The Kooks, and aren't too niche. Or is The 1975 still too unknown in Belgium?

They were quite big, but they haven't been to Belgium for some time, so I can't estimate their popularity properly. Main instead marquee is a better bet. 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, johnybegood said:

Open Flair festival in Germany, the week before PKP, has announced some names like The Offspring or Good Charlotte that can be the typical PKP booking for the Main Stage or for the rock day at Marquee.

There's a chance that some of Good Charlotte were at this years edition in a management capacity, so that makes them likely.

Of Mice and Men cancelled at Pukkelpop 2014 so can see them being booked again.

Edited by DDave

15 minutes ago, DDave said:

That's horrific.

Foos announced for Glasgow on the Saturday of Pkp weekend so looks like Friday if we're to get them.

Dave, I think we won't have the Foos at PKP. Chokri do not book twice huge bands. I think that Glasgow date rule them out from PKP, as I can't see them playing two nights in a row in different countries.

The question is: which band is so important that made them change the normal Thursday-Saturday festival to a Friday-Sunday one for the 1st time in their history? Foos aren't the answer as they are on sunday in Ireland.

1 minute ago, johnybegood said:

Dave, I think we won't have the Foos at PKP. Chokri do not book twice huge bands. I think that Glasgow date rule them out from PKP, as I can't see them playing two nights in a row in different countries.

The question is: which band is so important that made them change the normal Thursday-Saturday festival to a Friday-Sunday one for the 1st time in their history? Foos aren't the answer as they are on sunday in Ireland.

It does reduce their chances but I still think they'll be there.

Foo Fighters

21 Pilots -  Post Malone

Ed Sheeran

First sell out for years.