Large campervan pitch

juliadevitt

We bought a larger campervan pitch, but I honestly don't think the stewards knew what they were doing. Some were big, some small. Luck of the draw in terms of where the next group got parked next to you. We got lucky in that the people parked next to us got cheesed off with their allocation and moved, so we expanded into an area that felt like value for money. If we couldn't have done that we'd have felt like we paid the extra and ended up with a small pitch. Because it seemed like a lottery, I'm not sure it's worth paying the extra.

Thanks for the reply. It did seem a bit random. Fair enough if you go to a section with big pitches but otherwise, there didn't seem to be much benefit. We seemed to have a huge area this year, which I think is just the way we parked. There were three campervans in our group and we just parked quite a distance from each other and had a big area in the middle. The stewards seemed happy enough for us to do this and moved on to the next vehicles. There is always so much unused space in that field, that I don't see why they don't give everyone plenty of room. There was probably enough space for a few hundred more vehicles in the back rows.

I have a standard largish caravan (4 berth) and got my usual regular sized ticket.  From the field layout, I couldn't see any set areas. The pitches seemed to be set out in blocks rather than single pitches, with the main focus on maintaining the passageways as required by the fire service.  That was the main concern of the stewards, as they told me they were monitored and checked daily.

I had a positive experience with the stewards.  They initially wanted me to back my caravan into a space, but I got out and told them it wasn't a good idea, give the queues behind me.  They then helped me into a suitable space, going in forwards.   They also made sure all campervans had enough space for an awning when putting into their spaces.

No, it wasn't segregated - we'd mailed them to establish that beforehand - it was just done by the stewards as you parked up. We told them we had two large pitches (though they didn't actually check) and they left us space for the tents between our two vans, though it was all pretty informal.

The other supposed change in arrangements - that cars towing caravans would have to be parked in a separate area once the van was unhitched - didn't happen. At least, not to us - can't say I went round checking.

Hi Julia - Steve (Eriba!) here! Good to see you, albeit briefly! 

As far as I could make out there was no checking, we just drove in with our regular pass and parked up in the end of a row. In true EOTR fashion the stewards were very accommodating, let us an our immediate neighbours all juggle things about so we maximised available space. 

Had such a good time - our collective posse has grown from two to thirty five people over 10yrs, have booked 2019 already! ?

13 hours ago, LowerMead said:

Hi Julia - Steve (Eriba!) here! Good to see you, albeit briefly! 

As far as I could make out there was no checking, we just drove in with our regular pass and parked up in the end of a row. In true EOTR fashion the stewards were very accommodating, let us an our immediate neighbours all juggle things about so we maximised available space. 

Had such a good time - our collective posse has grown from two to thirty five people over 10yrs, have booked 2019 already! ?

hi Steve, thanks for the wave.

35? jesus. I am trying to rally a few more for next year - have booked tickets. It was great this year eh? Did you see Idles? I was blown away; I think my all time favourite Eotr set.

We are just going for normal size campervan ticket. The stewards are always nice and we do tend to blag what we want and have enough space. , there doesn't seem any benefit for an extra £35

see you next year - the Eriba still going strong?