Gap Year(s)

Paul ™

25 minutes ago, rubenz said:

Rumour has it the toilet doors don't clang as loudly nowadays, although this is a fairly recent thing.

More compost toilets nowadays. The porcelain toilets at the top of Big Ground are no more (they were ace, actual flushing loos).

20 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Along with lots of people lurking at the edge trying to work out who the f@@K is who

Think everyone has done that, even at their own pitch, with their own family and friends, whom are shouting their name and waving their arms frantic style.

Edited by mashedonmud

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

Difference is that you take photos you creepy bugger :lol:

Haha, only the one photo... it seemed to capture the moment. It would have taken too long to ask everyone’s permission ?

I will try harder next year (if I’m lucky to bag a ticket).

Just to reiterate, isn't the Pyramid soundsystem utterly wonderful these days? It could fill the whole arena with hi-fi sound for Chic and during Run The Jewels, I felt like the bass was something physical in the air, I could almost see it.

And for those who were there on the Friday - Lotus Flower. Wow.

The sound at the JP the last two years has been absolutely amazing, too - in particular Sigur Ros in 16 and DJ Shadow in 17 - it felt like the music was absolutely everywhere, I was bathing in it (and this is nothing to do with substances, I hasten to add) 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

The sound at the JP the last two years has been absolutely amazing, too - in particular Sigur Ros in 16 and DJ Shadow in 17 - it felt like the music was absolutely everywhere, I was bathing in it (and this is nothing to do with substances, I hasten to add) 

Yeah, that's how I felt in the Pyramid. Bathing in it is a good way to put it.

13 hours ago, balti-pie said:

DJ Shadow was immense - I almost felt like I was going to vomit from the bass (in a good way...)

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2018 at 2:46 PM, Pinhead said:

Yeah, Joe Bananas went donkeys years ago.

I thought so, but didn't have the courage to say so. If I'm honest I wouldn't know most of the alterations that have taken place over the years at Glastonbury. I've always camped in the same spot, on top of a hill, and just walked down in to 'town' from there. I've never really consciously made too much of a note of what's where, as I've tended not to care where I was headed.The only object that I've even needed to know is where the Pyramid was, for getting back to the tent purposes at night / early hours of the morning.

5 hours ago, justperfect said:

ALAN has replaced BOLLOCKS as the "hilarious" thing to shout at the campsite during the night

If many Boomtowners turn up you may get a fair bit of ‘Nice one Bruvva!’ too.

17 hours ago, UEF said:

It was a good idea, so naturally gotten rid of. 

They disappeared as a result of the festival continuing to become greener; more compost toilets etc..., flushing loos perceived to be using too much water. They were magic though ??