TITP 2019...

Threestripes

Read a while back that next year TITP can move back to balado.

Is this correct?

A know Scotland has a couple of good smaller festivals but  it’s crying out for Titp to come back.

Trnsmt is good but not being able to camp and let’s it down.

Get the line up right,the location right(if it’s no balado)and tickets will be gold dust.

Fuck I miss the slam tent,the crack in the campsite and the likes of  the palm stage :(

How could they get it so wrong moving to strathallan.

5 hours ago, Threestripes said:

Did Ellis not say with trnsmt happening that doesn’t mean ts finished??

I've been told that T will return into 2020 and that everything is being done to make it happen. There was also a bit of info about TRNSMT next year which doesn't appear to add up...could be confusion but either way it doesn't stop 2020 and apparently sales for this year weren't too great.

With the right line-up I'd defo attend again..

Ticket sales this year definitely weren't great, this could be due to 5 days instead of 3 though. 

Would definitely love to see T come back and cater to 25+ demographic. But I read that all the T infrastructure at Balado was dug up after it moved, would cost a pretty penny to put it all back.  

4 minutes ago, devilman said:

There is still an oil pipeline under the site too. There won't be festivals there again.

Fair enough but surely they can find a site that’ll take half what t has to start with get the bookings spot on and let it grow over the years.

Ave always said stirling with the land around it transport links  and central location is perfect for a festival.

Edited by Threestripes

On 9/5/2018 at 6:27 PM, Threestripes said:

Did Ellis not say with trnsmt happening that doesn’t mean ts finished??

No he said both could co-exist. He's said a lot of different things about the future of TITP but the things he's consistently said are it would be on a smaller scale and targeted at an older audience.  I would hope that TRNSMT continues and caters for the 16-25 demographic and then TITP looking to attract a slightly older audience.  I think they really wanted to get away from it being overrun by school leavers not interested in the music.

2 hours ago, devilman said:

There is still an oil pipeline under the site too. There won't be festivals there again.

Wickerman site is / was a beauty but transport links not so much. As main stage fields go I always thought it was perfect. Loads of room for more folk than Wickerman ever got in.

39 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Wickerman site is / was a beauty but transport links not so much. As main stage fields go I always thought it was perfect. Loads of room for more folk than Wickerman ever got in.

There’s been some beautiful festivals in beautiful locations in Scotland down the years.

my fave was Connect Festival at Inveraray Castle, Argyll around 10 years ago. It’s a shame that didn’t take off and become established, beautiful part of the world and quality line ups. They had shuttle buses from Glasgow and Edinburgh so location wasn’t really a big issue. 

i would say that starting up again with a big festival like titp and camping is not really feasible, would take a few years to build the brand again. It’s not as simple as just starting up again, you saw that with rise festival in August. 

Edited by thetime

4 hours ago, thetime said:

There’s been some beautiful festivals in beautiful locations in Scotland down the years.

my fave was Connect Festival at Inveraray Castle, Argyll around 10 years ago. It’s a shame that didn’t take off and become established, beautiful part of the world and quality line ups. They had shuttle buses from Glasgow and Edinburgh so location wasn’t really a big issue. 

i would say that starting up again with a big festival like titp and camping is not really feasible, would take a few years to build the brand again. It’s not as simple as just starting up again, you saw that with rise festival in August. 

Yeah I went to Connect. You’d think there would be a market in Scotland for a big music festival. No T, Connect, Rockness, Wickerman....Times change of course.

Personally I wouldn’t camp at T again as way to old but it’s a shame all the same the way things have went. Plenty of smaller festivals still happening to keep me happy.