Rize 2019

jj200

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

I’ve only just found this (whilst looking info for this years festival) sounds like it’s still happening

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/chelmsford-city-council-rize-festival-2243816

Thx, still no infos on their page about this years event. Really wondering what's happen. 

18 hours ago, SCG95 said:

The Strokes and/ or CATB have to be in the frame for this. 

The Strokes would be awesome, so near me as well. CATB and The Strokes would sell the weekend to all my friends, would be great! Are they currently selling tickets, looked like a ghost town last year honestly.

21 hours ago, SCG95 said:

The Strokes and/ or CATB have to be in the frame for this. 

That would be awesome!

2 hours ago, gfa said:

The Strokes would be awesome, so near me as well. CATB and The Strokes would sell the weekend to all my friends, would be great! Are they currently selling tickets, looked like a ghost town last year honestly.

I can't find any information on their page about the 2019 edition.

14 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

https://www.essexlive.news/news/essex-news/chelmsford-rize-festival-date-change-2348105

is that really going to make a difference if true? I don’t think so!? 

To be fair, as someone local to rize, I'll go with not much fuss over the lineup on a weekend but like hell am I taking annual leave for mediocrity

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It’s a shame really.  Used to be a lot more down this way with Hop Farm, V/Rize, Vicars Picnic but they’ve all gone now.   Down to Leefest/Neverworld now and the prices for that has increased. 

54 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Essex Live is a notoriously shit website but nonetheless it’s hard to argue with what’s there. Shame it was my closest festival being only around 8 miles away and for the first 10 years or so it was absolute quality.

I think the emergence of the London day festivals has scuppered it a bit. I think there’s a market in Essex still but maybe something along the Victorious lines so the people that attended in the late 90s and early 00s can relive their youf innit.

9 hours ago, sisco said:

It’s a shame really.  Used to be a lot more down this way with Hop Farm, V/Rize, Vicars Picnic but they’ve all gone now.   Down to Leefest/Neverworld now and the prices for that has increased. 

To be fair, they put Stereophonics as a headliner with someone who was selling out his own outdoor gigs. Also the Liam day was much better imo.

Edited by thewayiam

• 3 weeks later...