Jump to content
Andre91

2000 Trees 2019

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, huntyyy said:

Suspect You me at Six will headline this next year. Don't think Don Broco will, they're too big now.

Frank Carter - I expect his summer will just be a big slot at Reading and Leeds, fourth down main probably. 

Slaves? very possibly, have an affinity with the festival having played a few times on their way up.

Frank Turner and Neck Deep are both appropriate headliners, although Neck Deep could be playing quite high up at Slam Dunk next year which would probably rule them out.

I expect they'll be throwing money Weezers way as they're in Europe at the time. Bloody hope it's Weezer.

Surely Weezer would be a bigger deal than Don Brock?, I'm hoping although I doubt it that they get enough from fest to see Glasto a good option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live Nation have always booked bands/artists outed as abusers. I see no real reason why they wouldn't book Brand New for Download. They refused to kick off a band from the lineup whose lead singer had nazi saluted whilst shouting white power on video for all the world to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say I think IDLES are big enough to headline this now. By July next year they definitely will be. Does anybody know if Thursday main stage is going to be a regular thing now, or was that just because it was the only day ATDI were available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thruxton Appleby said:

I have to say I think IDLES are big enough to headline this now. By July next year they definitely will be. Does anybody know if Thursday main stage is going to be a regular thing now, or was that just because it was the only day ATDI were available?

I doubt they even know yet. If they can get enough headliners big enough I'm sure they will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea what's happening with The Hives these days? Are they releasing a new album or touring etc? Haven't heard anything of them for few years. Was wondering if there available, would they be big enough to headline? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thursday

MS: Alkaline Trio, The Distillers, Boston Manor, Muncie Girls, Single Mothers.

Cave: Mongol Horde, OFF! A, Man With A Mission.

Friday 

MS: Slaves, Fidlar, Idles, DZ Deathrays, Scarlxrd, The Dirty Nil, The Blinders Dream State.

Cave: Title Fight, The Fever 333, Clowns, Queen Zee, Split. 

Saturday

MS: Wolf Alice, The Cribs, Pale Waves, Spring King, Starcrawler, Yonaka, Pretty Vicious.

Cave: Shame, Metz, Heavy Lungs, Estrons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

Thursday

MS: Alkaline Trio, The Distillers, Boston Manor, Muncie Girls, Single Mothers.

Cave: Mongol Horde, OFF! A, Man With A Mission.

Friday 

MS: Slaves, Fidlar, Idles, DZ Deathrays, Scarlxrd, The Dirty Nil, The Blinders Dream State.

Cave: Title Fight, The Fever 333, Clowns, Queen Zee, Split. 

Saturday

MS: Wolf Alice, The Cribs, Pale Waves, Spring King, Starcrawler, Yonaka, Pretty Vicious.

Cave: Shame, Metz, Heavy Lungs, Estrons

far too much indie in there for trees, wouldn't mind Shame, IDLES, The Blinders and FIDLAR showing up though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

far too much indie in there for trees, wouldn't mind Shame, IDLES, The Blinders and FIDLAR showing up though.

... What? The only band on there I don't think would play at trees is Pale Waves, and that's just because they'll be in such hot demand from other festivals Trees wouldn't get a look in. Almost all the bands on that lineup have played trees before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, UndergroundSound said:

far too much indie in there for trees, wouldn't mind Shame, IDLES, The Blinders and FIDLAR showing up though.

I thought Fidlar would have been there last year as they announced two gigs in the UK a few days after 2000 Trees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

I thought Fidlar would have been there last year as they announced two gigs in the UK a few days after 2000 Trees

Yeah I was disappointed not to see them at Trees bc I didn’t end up making any of their uk dates either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, huntyyy said:

... What? The only band on there I don't think would play at trees is Pale Waves, and that's just because they'll be in such hot demand from other festivals Trees wouldn't get a look in. Almost all the bands on that lineup have played trees before.

The Saturday main stage is far too indie I reckon, and aren't the bookers deliberately moving away from those types of bands? Also The Distillers subbing is mental.

I reckon Gaslight or Alkaline Trio and Broco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9 September 2018 at 8:41 PM, stevieg1993 said:

Any idea what's happening with The Hives these days? Are they releasing a new album or touring etc? Haven't heard anything of them for few years. Was wondering if there available, would they be big enough to headline? 

Still around, they were brilliant at Download in June. I think they'd be an excellent main stage headliner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel pretty confident that they're going to certainly try and book IDLES for this year. Tweeted this a few days ago. I can see them doing either The Cave or subbing. They could probably even get away with headlining one night at this rate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Too heavy for Trees, surely? 

It's is different but I don't think they're miles off if they can have Refused and Shikari headine, give big slots to the While She Sleep's and Bury Tomorrow's of the world, and fill the undercard with stuff like Conjurer and Oathbreaker. I reckon they'd be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

It's is different but I don't think they're miles off if they can have Refused and Shikari headine, give big slots to the While She Sleep's and Bury Tomorrow's of the world, and fill the undercard with stuff like Conjurer and Oathbreaker. I reckon they'd be fine.

Not really. Refused and Shikari completely different style. The festival is geared towards more Hardcore/Post-Hardcore/Punk than Metal. The relationship between Trees and Metal is weird. They always get a handful of acts but not many and they're not in prominent slots either. I mean, the highest an act like that would play is headlining The Cave, which is meant to be for acts on the heavier side anyway. Even then, Metal acts never get a massive crowd. I saw Conjurer this year and while the crowd was a decent size, you could easily get to anywhere in the tent you wanted with ease. Rolo Tomassi and Oathbreaker got tiny crowds last year as well, even WSS didn't pack out the tent fully in 2016. I walked in 5 mins late and managed to get a decent spot. So I don't think it's even worth their time/money to get someone like Parkway. You're more likely to see Metal acts like Rolo Tomassi and Employed to Serve in The Cave and Neu than Parkway headlining The Main. I think if they were ever going to get a Metal band headlining it would be someone like Deftones.

That being said, I do think While She Sleep are certainly on the cards for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While She Sleeps booked for Ressurection seem pretty likely for trees, Kvelertak booked there too, that would be a great left field booking for trees imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Skindred? Got to be worth a headline slot

I guess it's possible but Skindred have never played before and are always around. I feel like if Trees wanted them they would have already.

Depends on if they're touring or not but if they're about I reckon Jimmy Eat World could headline. Seem like the sort of act they would go for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Eat World isn't a bad shout. The Frank Turner tour they're supporting ends around the same time they made the first announcement last year and they haven't got any other dates announced yet.

Edited by Jericode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2018 at 3:21 PM, huntyyy said:

... What? The only band on there I don't think would play at trees is Pale Waves, and that's just because they'll be in such hot demand from other festivals Trees wouldn't get a look in. Almost all the bands on that lineup have played trees before.

Mainly looking at his Sunday lineup, just think there would be more or hardcore or heavier bands in there to mix it up. Personally couldn't see that day ending up looking like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×