2000 Trees 2019

Andre91

Any early guesses on who the headliners for next year’s edition of Trees could be? 

My big one is Alkaline Trio. They’re active playing shows again and have a new album out tomorrow (which is excellent even though I definitely haven’t heard it :ninja: ). They headlined back in 2015 but I don’t think that’d matter much. They’d go down a storm. 

Don Broco may also be a decent shout. 

Edited by Andre91

16 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

Is there any chance in hell they might go for somebody like Bullet For My Valentine? They'll never headline Download, they'ed get bottled off stage at Bloodstock. Only festivals I could see them headlining now would be Slam dunk or this. 

Bullet for my Valentine to sub Don Broco.

Thursday

Main Stage: Don Broco, scarlxrd, Milk Teeth, Puppy

Cave: Idles, Metz, Heavy Lungs, John

Friday

Main Stage: Slaves (Too Soon?), Fidlar, The Bronx

Cave: Trash Talk, H09909, Dune Rats

Saturday

Main Stage: Billy Talent, The Cribs, Yonaka, Strange Bones

Cave: Shame, Future of the left, Protomartyr.

Edited by Alex Winstone

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

There’s supposedly rumblings within the industry that Brand New might be going on tour before the end of this year :ph34r: 

Would they? 

Pretty strong rumour they had them booked for this year then cancelled because of all the news that came out. Can't see them going anywhere near them at all even if they do start playing shows again.

Seeing as some people are throwing predictions around I'm gonna go for something like this 

Thursday:
Frank Turner
The Menzingers
Muncie Girls
The Dirty Nil
Martha

Friday:
Weezer
Feeder
Deaf Havana
Gnarwolves
Camp Cope

Saturday:
Neck Deep
Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
Pup
Tiny Moving Parts
Milk Teeth

I don't know what's going on with Gaslight Anthem. They've done 59 sound shows but I don't know if they've permanently come out of hiatus. Hopefully a new album for next year all being well as it would be 5 years since Get Hurt came out. 

I can see Brand New just calling it a day. Don't think anybody's going book them. Reputation as being tarnished. I'm surprised they haven't split up already. 

Think with Gaslight it was more of a one off thing for 59 Sound. Brian has said a few times about how he doesn't want to force another record out and atm seems more than content with his solo stuff (another UK tour in Feb) so don't seem them as likely.

Suspect You me at Six will headline this next year. Don't think Don Broco will, they're too big now.

Frank Carter - I expect his summer will just be a big slot at Reading and Leeds, fourth down main probably. 

Slaves? very possibly, have an affinity with the festival having played a few times on their way up.

Frank Turner and Neck Deep are both appropriate headliners, although Neck Deep could be playing quite high up at Slam Dunk next year which would probably rule them out.

I expect they'll be throwing money Weezers way as they're in Europe at the time. Bloody hope it's Weezer.