2000 Trees 2019

Andre91

7 minutes ago, justanothername said:

I know that the alcohol policy they sent out is advisory and not going to be enforced but it's still is incredibly misleading and confusing. I get that the festival is independent and these kind of things can help you stay that but surely there are better ways to encourage people to go to the bars and bring less alcohol.

What is the alcohol policy, out of interest? I've seen a few people complaining about it but can't find anything explaining what they've actually done.

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

What is the alcohol policy, out of interest? I've seen a few people complaining about it but can't find anything explaining what they've actually done.

First one is the policy, was sent out in the latest "import news" and the second is an email they sent to someone in response. They've put on twitter that they're not going to stop anyone from bringing in how much they want. Not sure on the readmission rule though, they have said "old rules" apply but it's not clear if includes readmission. 

It's certainly misleading with the wording and the use of bold red font. I'm sure it'll catch a few people out.

received_372062190111712.jpeg

received_2366917400231041.jpeg

• Like 1

That's disappointing - as it happens I'm not going this year but have been to the last three and it makes a big difference being able to bring your own drink (and take it to the stages).  I tend to use my own during the day when there's a bit of back and forward to the tent between bands, but at night when there aren't as many gaps I'll buy from the bars anyway.  One of the knock on effects of the previous drink policy was that the bars aren't completely swamped like they are at other fests and it never takes long to get served.

I understand the economics of it from their point of view, but I don't like the ambiguity of them saying they are "advisory" rules and "we're just suggesting" but then saying you can only bring it in on the first entry.

Also interesting that they quote that only half of the attendees last year bought a drink at the bars - there is debate on the Blue Dot thread about them bringing in payment wristbands this year and what how they would use the data - Trees brought this in last year and this is an obvious outcome.

They seem to have backed down (even on the rule about not bringing in alcohol on re-entry) following the reaction.  As said, I understand the financial angle, and can see what they were trying to do, but for a fest that has a loyal returning crowd, and which absolutely hammers social media, they really could have gone about this in a better way.

The bit about 'you can't take your own drink to a pub, restaurant or cinema' was particularly snotty.  Following that logic they won't allow people to bring their own food or soft drinks either.

5 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Any very early predections for next year? Thinking deftones and Idles will be UK Festival exclusive next year also either Neck Deep or Frank Carter 

I think that there’s no chance Idles exclusively do this festival, and Deftones are probably too big. 

Imma go for Alexisonfire, Idles, Don Broco

Edited by Steve1000

If you follow their inner circle chats on Youtube, a question asked was "Which classic album would you like to see performed in full at 2000 Trees?" One of them mentioned White Pony by Deftones and the two of them seemed really smiley and giggly about it asking eachother "I think you can make it happen" and "That can happen right?" maybe it is a red herring

Also would love to see OFF! or Flag headline The Axiom 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

To get over by post glastonbury blues I'm heading to 2000 trees for the first time next weekend.

I'm going solo so just looking for any tips for the festival or bands worth checking out?

The only bands on the line up that I'm already a fan of are Frank Turner, Flogging Molly and Skinny lister but saw Jamie lenman and Haggard cat at glasto and they were both fantastic. 

Cheers. 

11 hours ago, Hovis said:

Hi all,

To get over by post glastonbury blues I'm heading to 2000 trees for the first time next weekend.

I'm going solo so just looking for any tips for the festival or bands worth checking out?

The only bands on the line up that I'm already a fan of are Frank Turner, Flogging Molly and Skinny lister but saw Jamie lenman and Haggard cat at glasto and they were both fantastic. 

Cheers. 

My top 5 must sees this year are Turnstile, Blood Youth, Lotus Eater, Free Throw and Higher Power... If you check anyone out make sure it's Turnstile, so good live!

I'm performing at this festival and will be there for the weekend, I only recognise a few of the bands but those I'm looking forward to are Frank Iero & The Future Violets, Cancer Bats, Petrol Girls and You Me At Six. Any recommendations on the basis of these? Or just general fun tips or recommendations for the weekend as a whole, I'm excited to see a new festival.

Also if you fancy a break from music do come check out the comedy stage, the lineup is phenomenal. I'm on at 19:50 on Saturday but tbh there are no crap acts all weekend so make sure you pop in, its their first time running the stage all weekend and it would be nice to see it busy.

Edited by serendipitous

5 hours ago, serendipitous said:

I'm performing at this festival and will be there for the weekend, I only recognise a few of the bands but those I'm looking forward to are Frank Iero & The Future Violets, Cancer Bats, Petrol Girls and You Me At Six. Any recommendations on the basis of these? Or just general fun tips or recommendations for the weekend as a whole, I'm excited to see a new festival.

Also if you fancy a break from music do come check out the comedy stage, the lineup is phenomenal. I'm on at 19:50 on Saturday but tbh there are no crap acts all weekend so make sure you pop in, its their first time running the stage all weekend and it would be nice to see it busy.

Jamie Lenman, Turnstile, itoldyouiwouldeatyou, Drug Church, Free Throw, Spielbergs, Nervus

Well that was a fucking spectacular weekend. Easily one of the best experiences of my life and I'm now desperate to do it again. Every bit of praise this festival gets is completely justified.

The cashless system was really easy to use and was so much more convenient than worrying about cash,and the food wasn't particularly overpriced. Queues were never too bad when we went, other than for the pizza stall.

Saw some brilliant bands over the weekend too. Enjoyed all of the headliners, especially you me at six (fourth time I've seen them over the last year and a bit and that was the most I've enjoyed them by far). The two sets from yonaka were both great, normandie, flogging molly, novacub, brand new friend as it is were all really good too. Also really enjoyed the bbc introducing show on Friday morning and 5he podcast with James on Saturday morning, which were interesting ways to start the day. 

Finally, the people were amazing. Don't think I saw a single dick head all weekend up until the Saturday night but they eventually calmed down. Everybody was friendly and polite, no dickheads shoving people out the way and had some friendly chats with strangers (which normally isn't my strong suit). 

Would love to be there again next year. It can't come soon enough. 

Missed this year as I'm away doing fieldwork at the moment but got an early bird ticket for 2020. Noticed a price increase to around £150 (used to be sub £100 when I started going about 4 years back), do we think this is just general inflation of ticket prices or perhaps could indicate some expansion and bigger stature bookings for the festival?

6 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Missed this year as I'm away doing fieldwork at the moment but got an early bird ticket for 2020. Noticed a price increase to around £150 (used to be sub £100 when I started going about 4 years back), do we think this is just general inflation of ticket prices or perhaps could indicate some expansion and bigger stature bookings for the festival?

Bit of both I'd imagine. If they're serious about trying to get Deftones doing White Pony in full, the 20th anniversary seems like a good time to do it.

2 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Bit of both I'd imagine. If they're serious about trying to get Deftones doing White Pony in full, the 20th anniversary seems like a good time to do it.

James scarlett mentioned them as one of his three dream headliners alongside biffy and Queens of the stone age at that podcasts recording on staurday morning. Seems like they're a good guess at the first headliner 

On 7/14/2019 at 11:10 AM, NerdsNatterings said:

Well that was a fucking spectacular weekend. Easily one of the best experiences of my life and I'm now desperate to do it again. Every bit of praise this festival gets is completely justified.

The cashless system was really easy to use and was so much more convenient than worrying about cash,and the food wasn't particularly overpriced. Queues were never too bad when we went, other than for the pizza stall.

Saw some brilliant bands over the weekend too. Enjoyed all of the headliners, especially you me at six (fourth time I've seen them over the last year and a bit and that was the most I've enjoyed them by far). The two sets from yonaka were both great, normandie, flogging molly, novacub, brand new friend as it is were all really good too. Also really enjoyed the bbc introducing show on Friday morning and 5he podcast with James on Saturday morning, which were interesting ways to start the day. 

Finally, the people were amazing. Don't think I saw a single dick head all weekend up until the Saturday night but they eventually calmed down. Everybody was friendly and polite, no dickheads shoving people out the way and had some friendly chats with strangers (which normally isn't my strong suit). 

Would love to be there again next year. It can't come soon enough. 

Yeah tbf for a smaller festival you can't argue at all, even take your own drinks in and camping round the stage is what I like about it. Unfortunately I've only ever found one year where a day stood out as it's not altogether my thing.

This festival continues to be incredible every year. Every Time I Die was probably the best festival set I've ever seen. Honourable mentions for itoldyouiwouldeatyou, The Armed, Jamie Lenman, Free Throw, Spielbergs, Cavetown and Orchards. 

I'm a bit surprised by the large price hike for next year. Makes me think they must have something big in mind (I hope - otherwise seems excessive). If I had to put in an early guess:

Main - Neck Deep / Deftones / Architects

Cave - Against Me / American Football / The Story So Far

Axiom -  Employed to Serve / Pup / Mclusky

Neu - Press To Meco / Lotus Eater / Pigs x7

I really loved this festival, as a punter it was well laid out, friendly and although I didn't know much of the lineup I saw a lot of fantastic sets and generally had a great time. Highlights included Muncie Girls, Petrol Girls and Flogging Molly.

As a performer it was super friendly and all the volunteers and staff couldn't do enough to make sure you were looked after. Plus a pretty awesome crowd to perform to. Soundbleed from the main stage to the comedy tent is a bit of a pain but I'm not sure there is much they can do about that.

I also heard from a couple of my friends that the emails encouraging people to use bars a bit more had really worked and they'd seen a big increase in bar takings. 

Overall I loved it and I will try to be back next year, whether booked or just to join you all.

First time camping at a festival really enjoyed myself, first I ever crowd surfed which was a personal highlight for me. Highlights included Every Time I Die, Cancer Bats, Yonaka, Therapy?, Drug Church, Dune Rats, Higher Power, Imperial Leisure and Thrill Collins.  

Early Predection

Main Stage: Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes// Deftones// Neck Deep

Cave: Against Me!, Less Than Jake, Death Grips

Axiom: Have Heart, Laura Jane Grace & The Devouring Mothers, Capdown