2000 Trees 2019

Andre91

43 minutes ago, tbrock said:

So are we thinking there are going to be some fairly substantial names along side Broco (assuming it is them)  to make the announcement more palatable? Perhaps some heavier acts like Converge and some of the others who are around? 

More palatable when they’re bigger than the other headliners anyway? 

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

More palatable when they’re bigger than the other headliners anyway? 

I was thinking more palatable in terms of a musical sense.  I'm not generally one to bash bands but could you think of two more bland bands to headline a festival than YMAS and Don Broco. Just painful, however it's not about the headliners at Trees so I really don't care they will likely clash with Frank Iero anyways and I would rather see him.

4 minutes ago, tbrock said:

I was thinking more palatable in terms of a musical sense.  I'm not generally one to bash bands but could you think of two more bland bands to headline a festival than YMAS and Don Broco. Just painful, however it's not about the headliners at Trees so I really don't care they will likely clash with Frank Iero anyways and I would rather see him.

Have you listened to Don Broco’s latest album? Bland it is not. 

Thou and Moloch are touring Europe in July/August and while the dates haven't been officially revealed yet, a few dates for the UK leg have been announced (Leeds, Manchester and Edinburgh) are the following week after Trees. Not saying it's likely but it would be awesome to see them both on the line up.

Also Foxing announced a tour a few weeks ago and they're playing in Spain on the Thurs and Germany on the Sat so it is a bit close. They did say "more dates to follow" which I'm guessing is more festival dates and not headline shows, though they have just upgraded the London venue so I'm not too sure on them.

9 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Can't see them headlining. They technically didn't even headline The Cave last time. They're also doing some pretty small venues on that tour with none of them sold out. 

Still think it's Broco

Definitely think they'll be subbing you me at six, but then I thought Twin Atlantic would be subbing when their name cropped up this time last year so maybe it's just denial? ?

1 minute ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Definitely think they'll be subbing you me at six, but then I thought Twin Atlantic would be subbing when their name cropped up this time last year so maybe it's just denial? ?

Thats what I'm worrying about now lol. I'd like to see them but especially after the Don Broco rumours seemed certain this would be a pretty big drop off.

20 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

True but I still gonna go with them being a replacement. Everything just points to Broco at this point for me. The rumours, finishing the tour and being announced for other fests. Can't see it any other way.

That being said, would prefer Deaf Havana. Not a fan of either band but my mates loves them and Frank Turner so maybe it'd convince him to go :lol:

Edited by justanothername

5 hours ago, justanothername said:

Can't see them headlining. They technically didn't even headline The Cave last time. They're also doing some pretty small venues on that tour with none of them sold out. 

Still think it's Broco

What year was this? I went in 2015 and they headlined the main stage. Granted they definitely don't have the same pull they did then.

8 minutes ago, Traher666 said:

What year was this? I went in 2015 and they headlined the main stage. Granted they definitely don't have the same pull they did then.

2017. It was bullied as a special guest kind of thing and it has been suggested that it was more them wanting to play and just taking whatever is available but the tent wasn't that busy if I remember correctly. I remember getting a semi decent view after they came on around the sides.

3 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

They headlined the Thursday Cave in 2017. Surely they aren't gonna headline the Main Stage. I'd assume they'll be subbing to either Frank Turner or YMAS

The Wonder Years headlined it that day. Still, it was kind of a special guest kind of thing but it'd really be underwhelming if they headlined this year.