2000 Trees 2019

Andre91

I've written out the current stage line-ups according to the website. The brackets at the end show how many still to be announced for that stage based on numbers last year. Around 40 bands left plus Forest Sessions.

Thursday Main: Frank Turner / Puppy / Wstr / Imperial Leisure (+2)

Thursday Cave: While She Sleeps / Comeback Kid / Milk Teeth / Nervus / Petrol Girls (+1)

Thursday Axiom: Jamie Lenman / Loathe / Orchards / Frauds / False Advertising (0)

Thursday Neu: Life / Phoxjaw (?)

Friday Main: You Me At Six / Hands LIke Houses (+7)

Friday Cave: Rolo Tomassi / Gouge Away / GroundCulture (+5)

Friday Axiom: Mongol Horde / Skinny Lister / Jim Lockey / Crazy Arm / Sean McGowan / Oxygen Thief / Johnny Lloyd / Brand New Friend / Deux Furieuses (0)

Friday Neu: Estrons / Indoor Pets / Heavy Lungs / Indigo Lo / Lice (+3)

Friday Forest Sessions: Cavetown / Grace Petrie (?)

Saturday Main: Muncie Girls (+8)

Saturday Cave: Every Time I Die / Therapy / Single Mothers / Higher Power / St Pierre Snake Invasion (+3)

Saturday Axiom: Frank Iero / Martha / The Drew Thompson Foundation (+5)

Saturday Neu: MOL / Spielbergs / Sunshine Frisbee Laserbeam (+5)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/5/2019 at 10:19 AM, Andrinald said:

I've written out the current stage line-ups according to the website. The brackets at the end show how many still to be announced for that stage based on numbers last year. Around 40 bands left plus Forest Sessions.

Thursday Main: Frank Turner / Puppy / Wstr / Imperial Leisure (+2)

Thursday Cave: While She Sleeps / Comeback Kid / Milk Teeth / Nervus / Petrol Girls (+1)

Thursday Axiom: Jamie Lenman / Loathe / Orchards / Frauds / False Advertising (0)

Thursday Neu: Life / Phoxjaw (?)

Friday Main: You Me At Six / Hands LIke Houses (+7)

Friday Cave: Rolo Tomassi / Gouge Away / GroundCulture (+5)

Friday Axiom: Mongol Horde / Skinny Lister / Jim Lockey / Crazy Arm / Sean McGowan / Oxygen Thief / Johnny Lloyd / Brand New Friend / Deux Furieuses (0)

Friday Neu: Estrons / Indoor Pets / Heavy Lungs / Indigo Lo / Lice (+3)

Friday Forest Sessions: Cavetown / Grace Petrie (?)

Saturday Main: Muncie Girls (+8)

Saturday Cave: Every Time I Die / Therapy / Single Mothers / Higher Power / St Pierre Snake Invasion (+3)

Saturday Axiom: Frank Iero / Martha / The Drew Thompson Foundation (+5)

Saturday Neu: MOL / Spielbergs / Sunshine Frisbee Laserbeam (+5)

Already a decent start for me, still need to listen to quite a few bands on here. Is there anyone people would recommend?

Nervus and some other twits are having a fit about Mongol Horde/Frank's response to their fit. No chance the festival caves on this one right? Especially as they didn't bother to do anything about Moose Blood last year despite the massive outrage it caused. 

Edited by tbrock
Spelt Nervus wrong

I’ve never been a fan of Frank’s but I’m with him on this. This is the work of a bunch of fucking babies. 

Nervus make great music but are a pain in the arse on social media. I unblocked them tonight on Twitter to see the shit they’ve been saying and immediately remembered why I blocked them in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

I’ve never been a fan of Frank’s but I’m with him on this. This is the work of a bunch of fucking babies. 

Nervus make great music but are a pain in the arse on social media. I unblocked them tonight on Twitter to see the shit they’ve been saying and immediately remembered why I blocked them in the first place. 

I have a tougher time being behind the music at all every time they open their mouth online. So PC that they make themselves unbearable. Definitely going to be missing them at Trees this year. 

• Upvote 1

I think Nervus are okay but not overly bothered if these relatively petty/pointless Twitter beefs and rants harm their chances of getting booked. Would be a real shame if it hurt Milk Teeth though as they've been through enough in the last year or so without promoters worrying about taking a chance on them due to Em's unpredictability on Twitter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I think Nervus are okay but not overly bothered if these relatively petty/pointless Twitter beefs and rants harm their chances of getting booked. Would be a real shame if it hurt Milk Teeth though as they've been through enough in the last year or so without promoters worrying about taking a chance on them due to Em's unpredictability on Twitter. 

What's happened with Milk Teeth? 

The whole thing is stupid imo. I know she means well and there could be a conversation there but she's just there just being really obnoxious prick about it. Frank is an obnoxious prick himself but you don't combat an obnoxious prick by being an obnoxious prick. 

Even Koji, who raised the point, didn't kick up as much of a fuss about it and is now talking to Frank about the situation but she's just keeps adding full to fire and making it worse. It reeks of someone so desperate to be progressive that it's actually painful. She's there on a high horse going on about how it offensive to Asian's while she is best buds with Kamikaze Girls. 

I consider myself very left wing and think there is a argument to make about it being offensive but she's even alienating me. I've meet her a few times and every time she's been a great person but this is just a bit too much.

1 hour ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

That's incredible! What was the response to that? 

Just that they've talked and that they're "willing to listen" and that it shouldn't be brought up to "discredit other people's ideas". I mean yeah, it doesn't discredit it but it does certainly make you look like a hypocrite.

Edited by justanothername