2000 Trees 2019

Andre91

8 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

No info on Title Fight but I'm sure Converge and La Dispute are playing, don't know why they haven't been announced yet.

Please be correct. Both those would be excellent additions.

From what I can tell, all the bands on this announcement have some affiliation to Xtra Mile Records and they've posted on Twitter that they're doing a takeover at Trees this year. I'm over the moon with Mongol Horde though and I'd watch Oxygen Thief / Crazy Arm / Brand New Friends. Wish Skinny Lister would stop taking up high slots though. And if Xtra Mile were doing a takeover, they could have at least brought Against Me! who would be perfect for Trees.

I checked and this time last year, only the 5 bands had been announced by this stage so we're still well ahead of the usual schedule. Plenty time for the big slots to be filled in.

Edited by Andrinald

13 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'm guessing as they knew Frank would go down well they decided to load up the next announcement as Don Broco might not go down so well. Everyone they announced today will be in the Axiom Saturday as that's the Xtra Mile stage and everyone announced today is on that label

Is it definitely Don Broco? Kinda hoped that was everyone just making an assumption and was hoping for a bit of a surprise.

Ah didn't know when the Xtra Mile takeover was - cheers for clearing that up. Though is it definitely not Friday Axiom? That day is empty at the moment whereas the Saturday has Frank Iero/Martha/Drew Thompson already on there.

Edited by Andrinald

2 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

Is it definitely Don Broco? Kinda hoped that was everyone just making an assumption and was hoping for a bit of a surprise.

Ah didn't know when the Xtra Mile takeover was - cheers for clearing that up. Though is it definitely not Friday Axiom? That day is empty at the moment whereas the Saturday has Frank Iero/Martha/Drew Thompson already on there.

Just me assuming it's Broco. Oh yeah sorry I meant Friday, that day was empty as far as I'm aware so would make sense. Mongol Horde against you me at six makes a lot of sense 

4 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

Don Broco has been a leading guess since the first post of this topic, and nothing has happened to rule them out yet, which is why everyone is still guessing them. They'd be the right sort of size for it and headlining a smaller festival post-arena tour just sorta makes sense.

2 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I'm guessing as they knew Frank would go down well they decided to load up the next announcement as Don Broco might not go down so well. Everyone they announced today will be in the Axiom Saturday as that's the Xtra Mile stage and everyone announced today is on that label

Horde, Lister and Petrie are all Friday, looking at the website Saturday seems to be the only day without anything added.

5 hours ago, huntyyy said:

No info on Title Fight but I'm sure Converge and La Dispute are playing, don't know why they haven't been announced yet.

Sounds about right. Really happy about Converge!

3 hours ago, Andrinald said:

Frustratingly, the website has Skinny Lister ahead of Mongol Horde on the line up page which would mean Skinny Lister at the same time as YMA6. Was really hoping for Mongol Horde in that spot. But yeah, other than Frank and Grace Petrie, everyone else added seems to be the Friday Axiom. 

Mongol Horde are before them on the poster so I wouldn't look too much into that until it gets confirmed. Nothing wrong with Skinny Lister but not the sort of band to headline a stage imo. Me and my mate just watched them way outside the Cave last year just drinking beers and that was perfect though prefer to have my Friday end with the Horde.

As far as I'm aware The Axiom stage headliner hasn't clashed with the Thursday headliner (well for the past 3 years, didn't check anymore) and I don't think they're going start doing that now.

Also if Broco ain't headlining then I'd put my money on Neck Deep but I can't see it not being Broco at this point. 

2 hours ago, justanothername said:

Sounds about right. Really happy about Converge!

Mongol Horde are before them on the poster so I wouldn't look too much into that until it gets confirmed. Nothing wrong with Skinny Lister but not the sort of band to headline a stage imo. Me and my mate just watched them way outside the Cave last year just drinking beers and that was perfect though prefer to have my Friday end with the Horde.

As far as I'm aware The Axiom stage headliner hasn't clashed with the Thursday headliner (well for the past 3 years, didn't check anymore) and I don't think they're going start doing that now.

Also if Broco ain't headlining then I'd put my money on Neck Deep but I can't see it not being Broco at this point. 

They haven't, but last year is the first time they've ran more than the two stages on Thursday, and At the Drive In were only unopposed because somebody (Loathe I think) pulled out late on. No chance they'll clash Lenman and Frank though, they both have camps named after them/their band

3 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

You Me At Six and Don Broco both sub-headlining at Truck Festival. That would make it even more disappointing if Don Broco were to also headline. 

Happens a fair bit, remember Slaves subbing everywhere when they headlined Trees. Trees don't book indie stuff so rarely have bigger bands at their disposal.

The same thing happened in 2017 with Slaves and Nothing But Thieves. Trees headliners have always been smaller compared to festivals of the same capacity. 

The thing is that Trees get a more unique undercard. Out of the top 8 bands under the headliners, 6 have not been announced for any other fests and 1 announced for just one other fest. Compare this Truck where the top 8 undercard are all doing 2 or more fests each. And Trees still has loads of big names to go. If the thing about Converge and La Dispute are true then that will be two more strong bands that will only be at Trees (well I can't see them playing anywhere else).

It'd be nice to get some heavy hitter headliners but if that comes at a cost of a weaker undercard and less consistent line up then I'll pass. 

Edited by justanothername