2000 Trees 2019

Andre91

16 minutes ago, Andrinald said:

Hellfest has just been announced in France a couple weeks before this. Any chance of any of the following: The Fever 333, Sum 41, Dropkick Murphys, Descendents, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Cancer Bats, Beartooth, Will Haven, Cave In, Daughters, Kvelertak? 

Could definitely see Cave In

Totally off topic but if anyone is into hardcore, 90s metal core, or just hard hitting insanity get out too this tour if you can.  You wont regret it I promise.  

veintour.jpg

Edited by tbrock
The first image i shared wouldnt open properly.

3 minutes ago, tbrock said:

Totally off topic but if anyone is into hardcore, 90s metal core, or just hard hitting insanity get out too this tour if you can.  You wont regret it I promise.  

veintour.jpg

Either of these bands showing up would be very nice. I know trees isn’t a hardcore festival but a band here and there wouldn’t hurt.

2 minutes ago, LiamEP said:

Either of these bands showing up would be very nice. I know trees isn’t a hardcore festival but a band here and there wouldn’t hurt.

I think there is a place for a few bands every year that but I can't imagine Vein being one of them unfortunately.  

Well that rules out my wacky Jawbreaker theories out then for this year :lol:

From that Hellfest announcement I'd love to see Daughters, Refused and Employed to Serve.

8 hours ago, tbrock said:

veintour.jpg

Great tour there but it's around the same time as TWY tour so I'm gonna have to see how it works out

8 hours ago, LiamEP said:

They always try and get a few Hardcore bands though. The cave is pretty much dedicated to Hardcore/Post Hardcore/Metalcore and there has always been at least one Hardcore type band headlining in recent years.

1 hour ago, BlackFoxx said:

Would Refused come back if they weren't headlining again? Also not sure how relations are between them and 2000 Trees after Denis Lyxzen called the festival out on stage for not being inclusive/diverse enough.

Well they are now considerably more diverse. It struck me as something he probably did at every festival they did?

5 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Well they are now considerably more diverse. It struck me as something he probably did at every festival they did?

“I thought what Refused said was appalling and badly thought out. Some festivals should be criticised but I don’t think we’re the festival that should be,” states Scarlett. “As a booker, I’m absolutely doing my best to get as much female representation on the lineup as possible. However, I resent the fact that I would be expected to book a band on gender because they might not be very good.”

https://alreadyheard.com/2000trees-festivals-james-scarlett-you-have-to-move-with-the-industry/

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

“I thought what Refused said was appalling and badly thought out. Some festivals should be criticised but I don’t think we’re the festival that should be,” states Scarlett. “As a booker, I’m absolutely doing my best to get as much female representation on the lineup as possible. However, I resent the fact that I would be expected to book a band on gender because they might not be very good.”

https://alreadyheard.com/2000trees-festivals-james-scarlett-you-have-to-move-with-the-industry/

Exactly my thoughts when he was having that rant.

1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Exactly my thoughts when he was having that rant.

Same here when I was watching them. Of all the targets in the music industry/festivals to aim that criticism at I don't think Trees should be high up the list at all. Seem one of the more progressive/inclusive grassroot festivals out there.

Grasping at invisible straws here, but James was talking about Gallows being one of his most surprising 2000 Trees sets   Got to imagine he would at least try to book them this year as they're active.  And I know I said a page ago that they themselves said Slam Dunk were the only shows of 2019.  

I'm clearly not super observant, but I've just noticed that Resurrection fest isn't actually the same weekend as Trees this year.  So the shared names might be a little less likely.  That being said has anyone been to Resurrection before? 

4 hours ago, tbrock said:

I'm clearly not super observant, but I've just noticed that Resurrection fest isn't actually the same weekend as Trees this year.  So the shared names might be a little less likely.  That being said has anyone been to Resurrection before? 

Doesn't really matter. It shows that they're in Europe around the same time. But they only share one or two acts. I still reckon that While She Sleeps, Higher Power, Birds in Row and Converge are kind of likely. Also depends if Download or Outbreak wants them (I know they share acts sometimes but it always tends to be one or two at best).

11 hours ago, justanothername said:

Doesn't really matter. It shows that they're in Europe around the same time. But they only share one or two acts. I still reckon that While She Sleeps, Higher Power, Birds in Row and Converge are kind of likely. Also depends if Download or Outbreak wants them (I know they share acts sometimes but it always tends to be one or two at best).

Outbreak is already killer this year.

20 hours ago, tbrock said:

Outbreak is already killer this year.

It's already been and gone :P

Didn't go this year but I wish I did so I'm hoping to go next year. Ceremony would be a dream.

7 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

This is an odd ball, but how would The Cribs go down as a headliner? I think Ratboy will be there too

Don't think either at all likely. Not that kind of festival.