2000 Trees 2019

Andre91

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, tbrock said:

Worth noting is La Dispute, Mogwai, and Milk Teeth are all playing in Spain same weekend as Trees, I'd say La Dispute and Milk Teeth seem pretty likely. 

Milk Teeth are likely every year just because it's Milk Teeth and yeah that pretty much confirms La Dispute for me as well. I can easily see them subbing The Cave like Touche Amore did this year.

4 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Hoping for Descendants, The Bronx, Alexisonfire or Fidlar as the overseas headliner. Also The Cribs, Idles, Basement, Yonaka, Pigs x7, Blood Command, Culture Abuse, Every Time I Die, Gallows, Fontaines DC, PUP, Puppy and Shame.

FIDLAR were in the country around the same time as Trees this year so don't count on them and don't really see The Bronx as big enough anymore. They did headline The Cave on the Thursday once and if they're not planning on doing the main on Thursday again then I guess. Also, I swear I've seen on here that Every Time I Die were booked one year but it fell threw so maybe they turn up next year so who knows?

15 hours ago, tbrock said:

Worth noting is La Dispute, Mogwai, and Milk Teeth are all playing in Spain same weekend as Trees, I'd say La Dispute and Milk Teeth seem pretty likely. 

La Dispute would be amazing in the Cave, ala Touché Amore this year. I reckon Milk Teeth will definitely be involved too but would be surprised about Mogwai. 

Some other bands I can definitely see playing are Vennart, Idles, Rews, Pijn, itoldyouiwouldeatyou, Orchards, Delta Sleep, Rolo Tomassi, Talons, Wolf Culture, Black Peaks. 

Then the one band I want more than any other - Tiny Moving Parts. 

13 minutes ago, tbrock said:

Converge also around at the same time, that would be great.

Dream headliner for The Cave. Saw them in April and they were incredible. Seriously hope Trees book them. Also seen that Higher Power and Birds In Row are also at that fest Converge are at so would love to see them on the line up as well and I reckon that While She Sleeps will be there in a decent slot as well.

7 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Dream headliner for The Cave. Saw them in April and they were incredible. Seriously hope Trees book them. Also seen that Higher Power and Birds In Row are also at that fest Converge are at so would love to see them on the line up as well and I reckon that While She Sleeps will be there in a decent slot as well.

Yeah Higher power and Birds in a row would be solid too. Converge would be a great Cave headliner, I imagine Sleeps are pretty likely as the Cave headliner for one day as well.  Off topic but does anyone think Wstr could play? Like are they even popular in the Uk? No one seems to know them over this side of the pond, but I've really enjoyed their new album.

6 minutes ago, tbrock said:

Yeah Higher power and Birds in a row would be solid too. Converge would be a great Cave headliner, I imagine Sleeps are pretty likely as the Cave headliner for one day as well.  Off topic but does anyone think Wstr could play? Like are they even popular in the Uk? No one seems to know them over this side of the pond, but I've really enjoyed their new album.

Wstr are relatively popular, like 300-500 cap venues on their tour. Could definitely see wstr as a possibility. Higher power would be sick too. 

On 10/10/2018 at 4:56 AM, tbrock said:

Taking Back Sunday are touring "Tell All Your Friends" in full could they headline? Nothing to say they will be around but I bet they would go down really well. 

Btw Taking Back Sunday were announced for Download Madrid at the end of June. Thought it worth mentioning cos they've not been announced for Download UK - and aren't currently in line to do R+L or Slam Dunk either - so that must make them a goer for this.

edit: the blurb seems to suggest a tour for a twentieth anniversary compilation album rather than any sort of album in full though.

Edited by dentalplan

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

edit: the blurb seems to suggest a tour for a twentieth anniversary compilation album rather than any sort of album in full though.

Yeah I imagine that is what they're doing in terms of festivals.  When I posted that they had just announced a North American tour where they're playing TAYF in full every night and then either one of Louder Now or Where You Want To Be in full as well.  But it is labeled as a twentieth anniversary tour over here as well.  All that said they are headling and playing TAYF in full at a similar size festival in australia in the new year so ya never know.  But they do seem a bit more likely now than when I posted that a while back.