Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

6 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

When did this sell out last year? Was it around January? Hoping I can wait for the lineup before pulling the trigger.

I doubt it'll sell out as quickly this time. This year it had lots of Glasto refugees, who won't be looking for an alternative next year.

Edited by eFestivals

4 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

When did this sell out last year? Was it around January? Hoping I can wait for the lineup before pulling the trigger.

It's almost impossible to give any realistic indication, as whatever happened this year was a bit strange -

It "sold out" in February, and soon after they put some more tickets on sale except that they were tied to Boomtown Springs entry so cost a lot more.

Then after the resale, it suddenly wasn't sold out anymore and there was a lot of discount ticket codes floating around right up until the start of the festival. Don't think it ended up being sold out, there was certainly a huge amount of empty space in the campsites around East Gate.

17 hours ago, incident said:

Don't think it ended up being sold out, there was certainly a huge amount of empty space in the campsites around East Gate.

I think even when it is sold out there will be space due to the nature of the land. There's always going to be land inside the fence that is unsuitable for camping on. Some of the spots on the outskirts seem so far away from the action that I think you'd have to be pretty late to the party to choose

The Prodigy for the Lions den.

My source? My mate has a stupidly annoying knack of being right and he said 'I want them to be there so I think they will'. 

If anyone has any reason to prove otherwise, I'd be very happy to hear as I'd quite fancy beating him at a bet for once. 

Edited by PDAD

19 minutes ago, PDAD said:

The Prodigy for the Lions den.

My source? My mate has a stupidly annoying knack of being right and he said 'I want them to be there so I think they will'. 

If anyone has any reason to prove otherwise, I'd be very happy to hear as I'd quite fancy beating him at a bet for once. 

Nope. Can't really go into more details, but it's not happening.

I have heard that one of the big stages will be going next year and being replaced with something new. Going to be a lot of moaning when it gets announced, but personally i think it's the right move. Can't really say more than that right now :ph34r:

Edited by mr flow
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I have heard that one of the big stages will be going next year and being replaced with something new. Going to be a lot of moaning when it gets announced, but personally i think it's the right move. Can't really say more than that right now :ph34r:

I hope Bang Hai goes... it's visually impressive but the sound is utter cack.

Bring back Vamos and PLEASE keep Pagoda Plaza!

Wouldn't be surprised if Bang-hai went and was replaced with something else of equal size. Given that bang-hai industries is no longer a thing in terms of story line. 

They've said they want to improve the sound at bang-hai but in terms of the type of stage it is it'll probably be much the same.

Similar to replacement of bang-hai palace a few years back.

I expect the theme of the new stage will be something to do with AMI's takeover so expect computers and machines to be subverting your consciousness this year.

4 hours ago, mr flow said:

I'm guessing this isn't related to why Prodigy can't play Lions Den next year? It'd wouldn't make sense to replace that after giving it a face lift for this year (which looked great in my opinion). 

I think replacing BH Towers with something more aligned to the story line would make sense, impressive though it is/was.

43 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I'm guessing this isn't related to why Prodigy can't play Lions Den next year? It'd wouldn't make sense to replace that after giving it a face lift for this year (which looked great in my opinion). 

I think replacing BH Towers with something more aligned to the story line would make sense, impressive though it is/was.

Yeah this isn't related to the Prodigy not playing.   

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

This might be something to do with it......

Not too long to wait but that clip isn't giving too much away.  I'm guessing that there's some significance to the very brief shot of Pagoda Plaza/Metropolis, in light of @mr flow's earlier comment?!