Well happy with that for a first announcement. 

Four Tet, Carl Cox, Skream and Eats Everything are all amazing bookings, and the Acid Leak and Fallout Disco sound brilliant.

Bring on February!

I was under impression it would replace Sector 6

And yeah good line u, not enough to tempt me back though 

Reaction on social media has been overwhelmingly positive. Counted less than half a dozen negative comments, and floods of positive ones!

Compared to negativity surrounding Boomtown announcements last year that seems like a good result! I'm sure they will be chuffed. Probably a bad time of year to hope for many ticket sales though!

Seems like a good start considering this is only supposedly a minor announcement, and the rest is yet to come!

Edited by Sku

13 minutes ago, Sku said:

Reaction on social media has been overwhelmingly positive. Counted less than half a dozen negative comments, and floods of positive ones!

for once there's some names people might recognise in the announcement. :P 

It does seem odd timing. Even though I think this is a sound announcement I don't see it drumming up many sales.

The next announcement after Feb Payday makes a lot more sense to me.

13 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

It does seem odd timing. Even though I think this is a sound announcement I don't see it drumming up many sales.

I think it was more to do with getting it out there that they are having a techno and house area and large stage. As it's replacing one of the large more drum and bass orientated stages, and the fact the drum and bass crowd have been a very vocal and critical crowd, particularly on social media, i think they just wanted to get this out as early as possible.

It's also the same time that Boomtown normally make their first announcement which tends to be the big headliner (Gorillaz, The Specials and Madness all announced in December), however the main headline act they wanted/had for next year, isn't happening, so perhaps they just wanted to get something announced to go in line with announcements of previous years

17 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

"Should I put my Xmas Money towards a Boomtown ticket?" 

"Who's on?"

"No one announced yet"

Vs

"This lot"

Makes sense to me

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I think it was more to do with getting it out there that they are having a techno and house area and large stage. As it's replacing one of the large more drum and bass orientated stages, and the fact the drum and bass crowd have been a very vocal and critical crowd, particularly on social media, i think they just wanted to get this out as early as possible.

It's also the same time that Boomtown normally make their first announcement which tends to be the big headliner (Gorillaz, The Specials and Madness all announced in December), however the main headline act they wanted/had for next year, isn't happening, so perhaps they just wanted to get something announced to go in line with announcements of previous years

Who was it that's meant to have fallen through?

28 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Who was it that's meant to have fallen through?

I'm not sure i'm really at liberty to say, although it's a fairly obvious one, when you look at who's currently active and when you look at people's suggestions for headliners every year...

37 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I'm not sure i'm really at liberty to say, although it's a fairly obvious one, when you look at who's currently active and when you look at people's suggestions for headliners every year...

Hmmmmm interesting! Chase and Status I wonder? I hope not! Or maybe they're not exactly headliners.....just seen their name get thrown around a lot

42 minutes ago, mr flow said:

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Hmmmmm interesting! Chase and Status I wonder? I hope not! Or maybe they're not exactly headliners.....just seen their name get thrown around a lot

Mr Flint and the Prodigal Son I would presume.