-Groove Armada
-The Streets
-Lauryn Hill 
-UB40
-Chronixx
-Kabaka Pyramid
-Prophets of Rage

It's also not any reggae artist.
It's also not any act on the Lions Den or Town Centre.

Edited by Sku

2 minutes ago, Sku said:

The cancellation guessing game continues. So far it's not:

Silly question, but is it definitely going to be someone who was announced? Could've been a planned secret / last minute thing that fell through.

If it is someone who's been announced, then it seems a bit off to be doing the guessing game, they really should say it straight out or say nothing until they can.

Just now, incident said:

Silly question, but is it definitely going to be someone who was announced? Could've been a planned secret / last minute thing that fell through.

If it is someone who's been announced, then it seems a bit off to be doing the guessing game, they really should say it straight out or say nothing until they can.

I guess it wasn't really intended to be a guessing game. He's just replied to a few people to let them know that the act they speculated about are still on the bill. It's not an official Boomtown twitter account.

Official announcement coming after 6:30pm apparently. 

So presumably if its a 'big act' and its not lions den or town centre its a Relic or Nucleus act. So the act is probably a drum and bass, bassline, house or techno act. Seen as its a world exclusive which acts that fit these genres have had no dates this year? Any guesses?

10 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

That's very specific

I don't have any knowledge, it's just this would be the obvious solution. If it's one of the big dance music acts, their management would just give them someone else from their stable, which wouldn't really be a world exclusive. however, if two artists that are already on the line up did something together, which they hadn't done previously, this would make it a world exclusive, so would tick that box.

Edited by mr flow

My money for the replacement is someone local/British who are taking time off so them coming out just for this, probably because they are friendly with the fest/bookers, making it a world exclusive. It probably wont be someone massive and the world exclusive bit is just a hype word. I've not seen Lethal Bizzle or Nadia Rose booked for any fests this year (off the top of my head anyway) so one of them as my guess.

Edited by jump

17 minutes ago, TommyS said:

Seen people selling tickets as low as £120 for this years event, people worried about or weather or something that we should be worried about?

It's not sold out and it's last minute so people are desperate to sell, the same thing happens at most festivals. I once paid £70 for a Isle of Wight weekend tix, I just turned up on the day and haggled with the first people I saw selling because of the same thing.

39 minutes ago, TommyS said:

Seen people selling tickets as low as £120 for this years event, people worried about or weather or something that we should be worried about?

It happened last year too. 

I am tempted to pick one up (I haven't bought one for this year) but I think I'd have to face the fume if I did! 

Good luck with your set @mr flow - I'm sorry I'm not going to be there! Unless I win one... then I can't be stopped!

• Like 1