Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

5 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

This happened to the tickets for Shambala festival this year too. Lots of people emailed ticketseller and they reissued the tickets barcodes so that they printed correctly. I suggest you email the ticketseller and let them know it is happening . I had my tickets resent and they downloaded correctly.

Thanks for this. Reassuring to know i’ve Not totally missed something. I have sent them an email, only an automated response so far though but fingers crossed they reissue the barcodes.

18z looking better - general agreement remains on that poop of thursday night/friday morning rain but it's smaller.

graphe6_2000_269_162___.gif

General weather pattern remains sorta cruddy with possible small showers but as you can see there will be some warm nights out of the cloud so some win too, and nobody roasting in their tents.

Edited by frostypaw

Metcheck seems far more optimistic. Possibly a bit too optimistic though as the BBC news this morning were predicating a fair soaking for Friday, and really windy too. Wind is shit for festivals as it blows the sound all over the shop (harder to keep to the noise limits), and as someone else said the opening ceremony being in the pissing rain is a downer too

BT Friday.PNG

21 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

really windy too.

BBC are describing it as a "fresh breeze".

It really is just that horrid band of rain on Thursday/Friday that we need to worry about. It does seem to be weakening with each update so that's good. Either side of that, it looks like a couple of light showers at worst. I'm reasonably happy with the forecast tbh. 

Just now, Henrik said:

BBC are describing it as a "fresh breeze".

It really is just that horrid band of rain on Thursday/Friday that we need to worry about. It does seem to be weakening with each update so that's good. Either side of that, it looks like a couple of light showers at worst. I'm reasonably happy with the forecast tbh. 

Hmm, the woman forecaster on the BBC this morning said it was going to be really windy, although that might be for mostly up north, which is always worse.

Im happy enough with the forecast currently too. Would far prefer the Metcheck take on things than all the others though, which seem to be predicting thunderstorms.

11 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

Wouldn't be fussed at all if Lauryn Hill has pulled out.

I know in the past they have had issues with reggae artists cancelling at the last minute due to not being permitted into the country.

Be intrigued to find out!

Lauryn can get in the country, she managed it for Glasto.