Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

So, I've just been told i'll also be DJing in the Hidden woods on Friday night/Saturday morning between midnight and 4am. Between 3am and 4am, we'll be one of the only venues still open on site :o Pop down for a bit of DnB/House/Rave/techno mix up if you're about.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

You definitely wont need wellies for this festival. It was ridiculously hot and dry until recently, and the weather doesn't look that bad. The only thing that's going to happen if loads of people being wellies is create mud when it rains on Friday.

Because magics.

Walking boots should be plenty, but still sad to see things take a wetter turn on this morning's runs ?

Something has gone very wrong at the last moment, and The Loop are no longer able to provide drug testing at Boomtown this year. Seems someone has put up a roadblock, perhaps Hampshire Police?

I hope this reckless and irresponsible decision doesn't have consequences...

10 minutes ago, Sku said:

Something has gone very wrong at the last moment, and The Loop are no longer able to provide drug testing at Boomtown this year. Seems someone has put up a roadblock, perhaps Hampshire Police?

Apparently their back of house drug testers TICTAC are going to fill that void so it may not be the police stopping them otherwise they couldn't get a replacement at all.

2 hours ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I normally don't bother bringing a tent, just sleep where I fall, but quite glad I actually bought one for this Boomtown in case it does  batter it down.

I guess with the same logic you apply to wellies bringing a tent will only make you more sleepy?

51 minutes ago, Sku said:

The more I think about this the more it pisses me off. Its pretty logical how this should work. 

Step 1) People will bring drugs to a festival, it will be very difficult to stop this entirely

Step 2) To reduce the risk of harm to the inevitable drug taking you provide a testing service 

Step 3) Less people have medical emergencies / overdoes / due to having an increased understanding of what they are taking

By removing the testing service you're directly increasing the risk of harm to people who choose to take drugs.

Edited by Radi0Head

5 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

By removing the testing service you're directly increasing the risk of harm to people who choose to take drugs.

Exactly. Just got some further info, it seems that "front of house" drug testing won't be available at any UK festivals for the foreseeable future. This is a wider issue than Hampshire Police, seems to be more of a central shift in policy, to take a harder line on drugs use.

Edited by Sku

3 minutes ago, Sku said:

Exactly. Just got some further info, it seems that "front of house" drug testing won't be available at any UK festivals for the foreseeable future. This is a wider issue than Hampshire Police, seems to be more of a central shift in policy.

Oh yeah is that priti patel isn't it i'm sure feeling her terror right now 

Edited by Radi0Head

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

I guess with the same logic you apply to wellies bringing a tent will only make you more sleepy?

No, I can never be bothered carrying a tent, and in the past when I have, I have never taken it home from the festival. Recently for some reason people have been getting on their high horses about leaving tents behind, so I now no longer bother bringing one, I just sleep in random peoples tents who are too polite to kick me out, or the welfare area, a random hammock, a small stage where the crew are cool with people sleeping on the floor etc etc

However, this time i'm bringing a bird with me, so have decided to actually buy and bring a tent, which im kind of glad about now if its going to rain. I will still leave it behind but will make sure I give it to the welfare hub thingy in the campsite so it can be reused or given to refugees.

Apologies for dropping in a random ticket question in to what might be the wrong thread buuuuut couldn't see were else to post it.

I downloaded my tickets at the weekend and both mine and my mates ticket show my name on them. I am the lead booker but his name does not show anywhere. When I log in to my ticketsellers account it shows his name and contact details under the ticket details. This seems wrong to me as security will not be able to verify his ID at the gate?

Is this normal and will his information come up when they scan the code on the ticket does anyone know?

Any help appreciated.

1 hour ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

No, I can never be bothered carrying a tent, and in the past when I have, I have never taken it home from the festival. Recently for some reason people have been getting on their high horses about leaving tents behind, so I now no longer bother bringing one, I just sleep in random peoples tents who are too polite to kick me out, or the welfare area, a random hammock, a small stage where the crew are cool with people sleeping on the floor etc etc

However, this time i'm bringing a bird with me, so have decided to actually buy and bring a tent, which im kind of glad about now if its going to rain. I will still leave it behind but will make sure I give it to the welfare hub thingy in the campsite so it can be reused or given to refugees.

This is some good bait

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, mr flow said:

So, I've just been told i'll also be DJing in the Hidden woods on Friday night/Saturday morning between midnight and 4am. Between 3am and 4am, we'll be one of the only venues still open on site :o Pop down for a bit of DnB/House/Rave/techno mix up if you're about.

I'll definitely pop along to this!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saintfletch said:

Apologies for dropping in a random ticket question in to what might be the wrong thread buuuuut couldn't see were else to post it.

I downloaded my tickets at the weekend and both mine and my mates ticket show my name on them. I am the lead booker but his name does not show anywhere. When I log in to my ticketsellers account it shows his name and contact details under the ticket details. This seems wrong to me as security will not be able to verify his ID at the gate?

Is this normal and will his information come up when they scan the code on the ticket does anyone know?

Any help appreciated.

This happened to the tickets for Shambala festival this year too. Lots of people emailed ticketseller and they reissued the tickets barcodes so that they printed correctly. I suggest you email the ticketseller and let them know it is happening . I had my tickets resent and they downloaded correctly.

3 hours ago, saintfletch said:

Any help appreciated.

I’d contact ticket sellers and they should be able to change it for you.

having worked in various box offices (including boomtown though not this year) I wouldn’t worry to much. Worse comes to worse you’ll  have to muddle around at the box office for 5 extra minutes before they give you a wristband.

Edited by Radi0Head

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Aaah that's no so bad though really....Friday a bit of a shitter, sure, but there is a little sun creeping out! And it could def be worse than 11mm

If it can all happen in the morning then all fine but a rainy opening ceremony sucks and those first few huge shifts could chew up uptown some.

Meh could be far far worse, was just hoping for half that really. Runs have improved some over the day, and sat/sun look fine :)