Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Really looking forward to it. After Glastonbury it took me a little while get excited, but I am buzzing now!

Same...and I'm not gonna lie, there were moments on the hellish journey home when I felt so close to death that I wondered if Boomtown was even possible. But fortunately, that Monday's absolute hideousness is all a distant memory now and I am right back in the game!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Does anyone know about the Return to Jungle Chase and Status sets? I take it they're DJing and not live if they are playing the new Bang Hai Towers?

Theyre kinda like "back to their roots" sets. Less poppy than the stuff people would usually expect from Chase & Status.

Edited by Harry3

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

That would be brilliant if you could fetch that!!! I'll fetch / wear my efests t shirt too!! :)

It shall be a thing! As will my once-orange-now-peach flag at the campsite as I just screwed up sewing my attempted replacement horribly enough that I don't want to look at it for a little bit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harry3 said:

Theyre kinda like "back to their roots" sets. Less poppy than the stuff people would usually expect from Chase & Status.

The clash with The Streets is my biggest one of the weekend. 

C&S are a lot easier to come by so it's unlikely I'll see them but we'll see what happens on the night

28 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

It shall be a thing! As will my once-orange-now-peach flag at the campsite as I just screwed up sewing my attempted replacement horribly enough that I don't want to look at it for a little bit.

You are wonderful!! Thank you :D

And you don't need to look at the replacement yet!! That is not a job for now!! :D It will all be ok!!

8 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Does anyone know about the Return to Jungle Chase and Status sets? I take it they're DJing and not live if they are playing the new Bang Hai Towers?

They put out a return 2 jungle playlist on spotify which sums up their current vibe.

Edited by Radi0Head

I've been rubbish, like really rubbish, at going thru the line up!

SO while I'm working on a Saturday (foolish I know!!) I thought have a skim through. Only just seen Altern 8 are on again!! They were one of my highlights from last year!! Cant wait for them!! :D

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

I've been rubbish, like really rubbish, at going thru the line up!

SO while I'm working on a Saturday (foolish I know!!) I thought have a skim through. Only just seen Altern 8 are on again!! They were one of my highlights from last year!! Cant wait for them!! :D

100% I'll be at Altern8. Hopefully the sound restrictions on the Thursday are not too bad.

• Like 1

100% I'll be at Altern8. Hopefully the sound restrictions on the Thursday are not too bad.

Sound on Thursday should be decent. With the big stages closed, it gives the smaller venues some more wiggle room.

• Upvote 1

might see you there :D 

1 minute ago, Sku said:

Sound on Thursday should be decent. With the big stages closed, it gives the smaller venues some more wiggle room.

Brilliant! :D 

The whole festival period is in the high-res range for the GEFS ensembles now - temperature and rainfall below

graphe6_2000_273_163___.gif

Sensible temps and a nice bit of rain Friday morning to give us a lie in and keep the grass green, very considerate. Can stay like that

• Upvote 1

On 8/2/2019 at 3:26 PM, jump said:

My biggest clash is Salt n Pepa with Senser, I reckon Salt n Pepa will win out. Blackalicious/Millie Manders and Bedouin Soundclash/Marcia Griffiths are buggers too.

I think I’ll go with Salt n Pepper but it’s a horrible clash!!

3 hours ago, Sku said:

Quite a lot of Boomtown featured in this Economist video. Interesting watch:

Fascinating. I really think(or is that hope....?)  that Live Nation and the other similar big corporates will ultimately fail in delivering the unique festival experience as they are driven by profit, economies of scale, rather than what is going to wow the punters. Latitude is a great example. It’s all a bit ‘ersatz’ with acts, beer, food all selected because they get economies of scale ie they can screw suppliers on costs (excluding headline acts from this but definitely includes the smaller acts). Kendal Calling is going that way since it was taken over. Boomtown, Green Man, Bearded Theory, Womad, and of course Glastonbury should always have the edge in providing the experience. I really hope........!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Is that drizzle, or actually a lot of rain all day? Any "ensembles" showing how many mms 

No fucking idea what an ensemble actually is, obviously. I just learnt the word from the Glasto weather thread 

3 models are predicting rain over 20mm. However most are predicting somewhere between 3mm and 10mm.

Other than that Friday, it's starting to look quite clear for the rest though.

Btw, I also have no idea what I'm talking about. I learned about "ensembles" from the Glasto weather thread as well ;)

prcpHampshire.png

2 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Friday is starting to look grim. :wacko:

It was looking a lot worse yesterday on metcheck. Like 20mm of rain which is quite a lot really.

Its now looking less wet, but you can guarantee is going to change again multiple times this week, its just so unsettled.

I normally don't bother bringing a tent, just sleep where I fall, but quite glad I actually bought one for this Boomtown in case it does  batter it down.

5 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

Packing tonight. Walking boots or wellies? 

Last year I survived the stormy weather in walking boots. But it looks like at least a bit of rain most days now. Anyone know what the ground conditions are on site at the moment? 

Until very recently, they've had a very dry run, particular during the worst of the vehicle movements when building the sets/stages, which are all now nearing completion.

According to someone on crew yesterday at least, ground conditions remain solid, with little to no mud about.