Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

Yeah the stuff online is pretty deep. 

I managed to crack a password that got me a ticket of sorts to something but that opportunity is now closed in the digital world, with reassurances that there will be plenty of opportunity to catch up in person. 

After that I kind of lost interest when there were so many other branches to get involved in but I think it is fantastic that they are already providing those who are into it with hours worth of entertainment and community building in the weeks before gates open.

12 minutes ago, payneruk said:

Are there any areas onsite which have better phone signal? I need to meet up with some friends that are taking some of my heavier items in their camper van.

I had no problems the last two years using my phone, I do use whatsapp tho for EVERYTHING if that makes a difference!

2 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Yeah the stuff online is pretty deep. 

I managed to crack a password that got me a ticket of sorts to something but that opportunity is now closed in the digital world, with reassurances that there will be plenty of opportunity to catch up in person. 

After that I kind of lost interest when there were so many other branches to get involved in but I think it is fantastic that they are already providing those who are into it with hours worth of entertainment and community building in the weeks before gates open.

Yep I'll not worry too much! Some of our gang have gone proper deep with it, I was singing in a concert last weekend so had to concentrate on that rather than storylines! 

18 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Oh are we having a meet up? Thursday Bad Apple Bar at 6pm is it? :) 

Affirmative - look for the oldies. We tend to be out the Town Centre stage side as the other side with all the seating and covered bits can get a bit flooded with random boomtowners, there's a FB Boomtown Chat meet happening there too I think.

Oldies isn't quite fair, the spread has improved. I'm planning on making it though, will be in something fairly bright and there will be orange and bounciness hopefully.

44 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Affirmative - look for the oldies. We tend to be out the Town Centre stage side as the other side with all the seating and covered bits can get a bit flooded with random boomtowners, there's a FB Boomtown Chat meet happening there too I think.

Oldies isn't quite fair, the spread has improved. I'm planning on making it though, will be in something fairly bright and there will be orange and bounciness hopefully.

A-ha, you were outside! We only looked inside. So close yet so far. 

But this time I have inside info because I know what @lucyginger actually looks like and thus don't have to accost random girls with ginger hair who assume I'm trying to buy acid when I ask for Lucy 

25 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

A-ha, you were outside! We only looked inside. So close yet so far. 

But this time I have inside info because I know what @lucyginger actually looks like and thus don't have to accost random girls with ginger hair who assume I'm trying to buy acid when I ask for Lucy 

HAH! I'd completely forgotten about that

5 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Yep I'll not worry too much! Some of our gang have gone proper deep with it, I was singing in a concert last weekend so had to concentrate on that rather than storylines! 

I've not even had time to thoroughly explore the lineup (trying to submit PhD before boomtown)...let alone the storylines! Will be needing tips and clues at efest meet please ?

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Is that a fan fiction type thing or released by Boomtown? It's an entertaining read 

He worked with the Boomtown theatrical team to write it. He has done this type of thing for them the past few years. He's a great writer so I guess that's why they keep asking him!

2 minutes ago, willutalk said:

Sorry as I might’ve missed an earlier point addressing this, but is there any day by day breakdown of the lineup!?

Officially: You can either download the app "Woov", select "Boomtown Fair", and you can find all the set times in there. You can create a personalised line up and it works offline for at the festival.

Unofficially: Boomtown Source has the lineup published, without needing to install an app: http://boomtownsource.com/boomtown-2019-line-up/

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sku said:

Officially: You can either download the app "Woov", select "Boomtown Fair", and you can find all the set times in there. You can create a personalised line up and it works offline for at the festival.

Unofficially: Boomtown Source has the lineup published, without needing to install an app: http://boomtownsource.com/boomtown-2019-line-up/

You legend! Cheers ;)