Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

16 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Groove Armada are playing the sunday according to their official facebook. 

I hope they don't clash with prophets of rage.

Lauryn Hill’s website says she is on Sunday so I guess she will clash with prophets with groove armada subbing? 

4 minutes ago, tpark said:

Lauryn Hill’s website says she is on Sunday so I guess she will clash with prophets with groove armada subbing? 

Lauryn Hill will be late (I'd guess between 15 to 45 mins depending on 'her energy') so should be able to catch all three sets! 

Or at least the end of Lauryn Hill's set when she'll play all the bangers (To Zion, Doo Wop (That Thing), Killing Me Softly With His Song, Ready or Not and hopefully Fu-Gee-La)

Edited by aidenlangan95

6 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Lauryn Hill will be late (I'd guess between 15 to 45 mins depending on 'her energy') so should be able to catch all three sets! 

Or at least the end of Lauryn Hill's set when she'll play all the bangers (To Zion, Doo Wop (That Thing), Killing Me Softly With His Song, Ready or Not and hopefully Fu-Gee-La)

She didn't do either at Glastonbury... and she wasn't great to be honest.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

She didn't do either at Glastonbury... and she wasn't great to be honest.

She has done them at other shows on this run so it's not impossible or even unlikely especially as the headliner.

I was with a friend who loves Lauryn Hill and The Fugees at Glastonbury and her energy actually meant I didn't completely dislike Lauryn's set.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aidenlangan95 said:

She has done them at other shows on this run so it's not impossible or even unlikely especially as the headliner.

I was with a friend who loves Lauryn Hill and The Fugees at Glastonbury and her energy actually meant I didn't completely dislike Lauryn's set.

I cant say I hated her set, but found her really cold. I hope she smashes it at Boomtown, but I'll be at Prophets of Rage that night.

Had a ride through the site today. Lots going on but stages seem to be at early phase of construction so really just bare scaffolding. You guys will probably recognise things if you’ve been before. As this year will be my first i’m Not totally sure what i’ve taken pictures of. All I can say is that’s it’s dusty as hell and very dry as you’d expect.

970B27D7-6873-4F25-841F-BA87C5D1DDE1.jpeg

31FF43B4-DDF5-459E-A6AC-F90EE7B3C64E.jpeg

0767ADFA-92FA-4D77-BC80-76D262860BE4.jpeg

A7772E05-847F-43F1-8AE0-2C7BD48B876E.jpeg

93A7E4C2-8F63-41B9-B2DD-C60F503A32DE.jpeg

DFF5E378-31E7-4C73-85B1-0BF2E2258F71.jpeg

AD02890A-53AC-4462-9166-248F65EBACDA.jpeg

9ACB9837-8802-41C2-A15F-03FC419FAA68.jpeg

0A5B8943-BDDF-4144-9544-EF872E2A10C8.jpeg

C1437967-9A09-4BE9-BFFC-EC37BC54A3A0.jpeg

DF36A9E5-211F-4F89-830B-73F1156344DC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, SlipperySeawolf said:

Making a return to Boomtown having not gone last year...looking forward to it immensely.

Can I assume the license hasn't increased the sound limits since I was last there?

They removed a lot of the smaller venues with soundsystems last year to allow the rest of the stages to be slightly louder. And this year, they have a new sound design which should make the main late night stages louder:-

https://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/news/2019-01-31-the-ultimate-sound-experience-for-ch11/

I just realised this morning that there are only three weeks to go!!! I really need to get my shit together and investigate the lineup....

EDIT: Weather leading up to and during looks pretty amazing. My weather app is even describing a couple of the days as "delightful".

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

My mate worked at Glastonbury for Oxfam this year, they have contacted him about Boomtown saying they need more stewards.

Maybe due to a surge in ticket sales?

Most likely just due to people dropping out.

The number of stewards would have been set already based on the positions and the licenced capacity.

11 minutes ago, stuie said:

Most likely just due to people dropping out.

The number of stewards would have been set already based on the positions and the licenced capacity.

They've said outright the festival has asked them to bring more people - so another possibility (and in my experience the most likely) is that one of the other groups recruiting stewards (MyCause, and Boomtown recruit themselves) has fallen short on numbers and so some of the positions that they would have managed have been offered to Oxfam.

Edited by incident

1 hour ago, incident said:

They've said outright the festival has asked them to bring more people - so another possibility (and in my experience the most likely) is that one of the other groups recruiting stewards (MyCause, and Boomtown recruit themselves) has fallen short on numbers and so some of the positions that they would have managed have been offered to Oxfam.

Yeah I saw that after I posted above.  Bit suprised by that really.

On 7/16/2019 at 8:23 PM, salzpackung said:

would anyone know or mind giving me another contact for the solo polo group? I don't have a facebook account.

anyone else going alone this year?

I,m in the Solo Polo group but not sure how you make contact without FB Maybe I can help ?

18 hours ago, Sku said:

https://kuula.co/post/7kt6n?fbclid=IwAR1YnnC6gQECIuPaFM1eQSg3QG0wuayNz1pLj6AgHkqLg-ijBrTQBwmyRjQ

Someone has taken a drone up this weekend and got this amazing 360 degree aerial shot of the whole festival site under construction. Unreal!

This has gotten me a little more buzzing than I already was

21 hours ago, Sku said:

https://kuula.co/post/7kt6n?fbclid=IwAR1YnnC6gQECIuPaFM1eQSg3QG0wuayNz1pLj6AgHkqLg-ijBrTQBwmyRjQ

Someone has taken a drone up this weekend and got this amazing 360 degree aerial shot of the whole festival site under construction. Unreal!

That's awesome. Those hills look a little less forgiving at ground level though!