Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

Woooo Lucy thank you :D you're an angel!!

Tommy, excellent use of the word MEGA! Me and Lucy have just been discussing how much we love that word haha!! So we'll keep you! :)

I'm rubbish I haven't gone through the line up properly yet at all (cos I've been too busy sulking about not being at Glast this year!) but have had a couple of suggestions on here that I should check out! But that's as far as my plans gone yet!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

Who are we all looking forward to seeing then? Not long now.

Seriously hyped for The Streets!

Also...

Prophets of Rage

Therapy?

Kate Tempest 

At the Gates

Chase & Status

My mate keeps going on about Siberian Meat Grinder but I'm far from convinced!

Mostly looking forward to seeing the site for the first time and spending 5 full days hanging there with friends. Bring it on! :)

12 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Seriously hyped for The Streets!

Mostly looking forward to seeing the site for the first time and spending 5 full days hanging there with friends. Bring it on! :)

I heard good things about them at Glastonbury but still hurting from not getting a ticket so can't bring myself to watch much on catch up! They'll definitely be towards the top of my hit list.

The site is brilliant, so is exploring it. I'd encourage any first times to try and get involved in some of the live mazes, it'll help you stumble across a load of absurdity and get involved in the story line if you so wish.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

The site is brilliant, so is exploring it. I'd encourage any first times to try and get involved in some of the live mazes, it'll help you stumble across a load of absurdity and get involved in the story line if you so wish.

I'll find out the start of the maze and post it here before the festival starts. I think i'll also be going down to site later this month so will update you all on ground conditions and how the build is going too.

• Upvote 3

42 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I'll find out the start of the maze and post it here before the festival starts. I think i'll also be going down to site later this month so will update you all on ground conditions and how the build is going too.

Perfect! I'm definitely keen to do some mazes this year. Without Oxfam taking up free time, it'll be great to have a proper explore. Go and get myself a job or something ?

2 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

Woooo Lucy thank you :D you're an angel!!

Tommy, excellent use of the word MEGA! Me and Lucy have just been discussing how much we love that word haha!! So we'll keep you! :)

I'm rubbish I haven't gone through the line up properly yet at all (cos I've been too busy sulking about not being at Glast this year!) but have had a couple of suggestions on here that I should check out! But that's as far as my plans gone yet!

Yeh, with the combo of PhD thesis/new job/new house/other music festivals that shan't be named, I've done very little scoping of acts yet. However, I can recommend a South African afropunk band called BCUC*. They were a bit of an outside choice of mine on West Holts that I dragged my mates too, and everyone loved it! I think we're gonna stop by for round two at Boomtown (and I already watched them again on the BBC...so maybe it's round three)

*I actually have had no time to check if they are actually on the lineup...my friend just sent me an excited WhatsApp when she saw them on there.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, with the combo of PhD thesis/new job/new house/other music festivals that shan't be named, I've done very little scoping of acts yet. However, I can recommend a South African afropunk band called BCUC*. They were a bit of an outside choice of mine on West Holts that I dragged my mates too, and everyone loved it! I think we're gonna stop by for round two at Boomtown (and I already watched them again on the BBC...so maybe it's round three)

*I actually have had no time to check if they are actually on the lineup...my friend just sent me an excited WhatsApp when she saw them on there.  

Brilliant thank you!! I'll pop that down! 

?

Thanks so much everyone for ur suggestions for me!

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

Amazing thank you!!! ?

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I will be watching Brass Against. A typical festival act for me. A little novelty, but enjoyable with a cider! They have different vocalists with them on different tunes

Yeh, just caught their cover of Deftones on Facebook. That's good enough for me!

19 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Another first timer here, can't wait after having the best festival of my life so far at Glasto this year.

Will there be an app coming out prior to the festival? Just thinking for clashes/set times.

You find out set times in the programme when you arrive. Its old school in that way. I didnt think Id like the idea, but last year, I did.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I will be watching Brass Against. A typical festival act for me. A little novelty, but enjoyable with a cider! They have different vocalists with them on different tunes

Deal. That's very boomtown and very exciting indeed

Those looking to do the storyline quest this year...

For the first time it has started online before the fair begins. Clues and riddles have started popping up on social media, which will link into the maze at the fair.

Every clue found so far is being discussed and debated on a dedicated fan made Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoomtownStory/

And Boomtown have been kind enough to leak me a new clue earlier this evening, which you can find on my blog here: http://boomtownsource.com/boomtown-storyline-quest-2019/

Good luck to all on the quest ?

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Sku said:

Those looking to do the storyline quest this year...

For the first time it has started online before the fair begins. Clues and riddles have started popping up on social media, which will link into the maze at the fair.

Every clue found so far is being discussed and debated on a dedicated fan made Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BoomtownStory/

And Boomtown have been kind enough to leak me a new clue earlier this evening, which you can find on my blog here: http://boomtownsource.com/boomtown-storyline-quest-2019/

Good luck to all on the quest ?

Some people have already found the password. Been trying a for the past few days but not really got anywhere yet. Most the clues are on insta but read so many theories I'm now going in circles lol. I do like the fact it's started early and there are a few bits to follow  (Mr Bliss, onecor and W.A.R.S) and you can interact with them as well  (Not had a response from W.A.R.S yet). Had quite a few responces from Mr Bliss which has cleared a few bits up but still not figured it out. If anyone has any useful info or anything I might have missed, would be greatly appreciated just try not to give away spoilers.