Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

On 6/20/2019 at 4:12 PM, Henrik said:

Ok cool, cheers. Getting very exited for my first Boomtown now. I'll be even more so once Glastonbury is over and I can stop feeling depressed about not having a ticket for that!

I am totally feeling this pain as well. It’s Glastonbury everywhere I look at the moment so it’ll be good to get through the weekend and start really ramping up the Boomtown excitement. I live nearish to the site so may have a stroll through over the next couple of weeks before it gets locked down and have a little nosey. 

17 hours ago, saintfletch said:

I am totally feeling this pain as well. It’s Glastonbury everywhere I look at the moment so it’ll be good to get through the weekend and start really ramping up the Boomtown excitement. I live nearish to the site so may have a stroll through over the next couple of weeks before it gets locked down and have a little nosey. 

Shall we all sulk in here for the next week not mentioning the G word?

Report back if there is anything interesting on site, I'm guessing it might still be a bit early for much of a start to be made.

11 hours ago, jonday81 said:

I like to plan who I'm seeing in advance (especially with a line up this stacked) but I understand you don't get times until the festival. Is that the case as if so I'll be spending Thursday working out who to see when? 

Last year some staff that were on site on the Tuesday or Wednesday sent them out but nothing until then (Town Centre headliners are usually 9-10 and Lions Den 9-10:30/11 but will need to know which day they’ll be on)

19 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Shall we all sulk in here for the next week not mentioning the G word?

Report back if there is anything interesting on site, I'm guessing it might still be a bit early for much of a start to be made.

We embrace not going to Glasto on the years we're not there. We've been loads before and can always go again in the future.

This year we're gonna spend Saturday up on the hill behind my house which has amazing views. With Glasto on the radio, BBQ and a cool box full of cold cider.

1 hour ago, ThatCubT said:

As the festival are no longer selling single use plastic bottles at the bars this year, it'll prevent 225,000 single use plastics from being used and wasted! Now that's awesome! 

https://mylittle.voyage/home/boomtowns-green-mission-for-2019/

For the first time, we’re working together with Vegware to standardize the trader and bar packaging to ensure it’s 100% EN13432 certified compostable, this includes everything from the lining in all coffee cups, coffee cup lids, bar cups, food boxes and by working closely with our waste contractor, recycling team and a local composting facility to ensure all serve ware that is disposed of correctly will be sent to an industrial composter and turned into soil within 12 weeks used to help plants grow.

We’ve already banned plastic cutlery, plastic food packaging and straws from all traders, caterers & bars but the exciting next step has been introducing compostable bar cups to all bars! This will keep all packaging streamline and easier for our audience to dispose of correctly as all serveware just needs to go in the same bin.

This is all decent too. Will be nice to see how much impact it has on site.

On 6/29/2019 at 5:35 AM, JacquelineS said:

I bought the Boomtown Springs ticket with Tangerine Fields and coach from Heathrow. They have downloaded my ticked and Tangerine fields pass but not the coach pass. Should I be concerned? By the way coming from Canada I love this one stop shopping.

I'd contact the ticket seller outlet, or Boomtown to double check. It might be correct, but worth checking.

• Upvote 1

Now Glastonbury is done with I can try and concentrate on my first ever Boomtown. 

Really looking forward to it now the big G is out of the way and its helping my comedown somewhat knowing that I'll be back in a field giving it large in 5 weeks.

Right FOMO's are you ready to get wound up?

34-400(20151111)-revised.jpg

Boomtown Springs ticket with Tangerine Fields

This combination of things isn't a thing. You've purchased special camping at two separate premium campsites - it might have confused the system. Get in touch and cancel the Tangerine Fields thing

Hello guys,

I booked my ticket in February but I've only receive the Wednesday ticket.

So festival and coach tickets are missing,

Is there people who have the same problem ?

It's in one month, I'm a little bit stressed...

I've contacted info@boomtown.co.uk but no answer till monday..

I'm sure this has been answered many times but I just want to be 100% sure. I'm now going to Boomtown for the first time after meeting the best group at Glasto who are already going.

If we arrive on the Weds, I think I read we can buy car parking passes on the door? Is this correct, given that the deadline has now passed? We will be arriving with 3 of us so still satisfy the 3+ rule.

6 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I'm sure this has been answered many times but I just want to be 100% sure. I'm now going to Boomtown for the first time after meeting the best group at Glasto who are already going.

If we arrive on the Weds, I think I read we can buy car parking passes on the door? Is this correct, given that the deadline has now passed? We will be arriving with 3 of us so still satisfy the 3+ rule.

Yes it's £40 on the door but that won't be a problem. I bought on the door Thursday last year and it was no issue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Theo GRS said:

Hello guys,

I booked my ticket in February but I've only receive the Wednesday ticket.

So festival and coach tickets are missing,

Is there people who have the same problem ?

It's in one month, I'm a little bit stressed...

I've contacted info@boomtown.co.uk but no answer till monday..

I'm pretty sure the entire Boomtown office, or at least 95% of them were at Glastonbury over the weekend, so i would imagine they are playing catch up currently. They are normally quite quick at answering queries on Facebook, so maybe try there.

7 minutes ago, mr flow said:

I'm pretty sure the entire Boomtown office, or at least 95% of them were at Glastonbury over the weekend, so i would imagine they are playing catch up currently. They are normally quite quick at answering queries on Facebook, so maybe try there. 

Thanks for the answer !

It's impossible to contact them on Facebook, the option is disabled.

2 hours ago, mr flow said:

Staying with the Unfairground too so probably had a good one!

And no not from the build, just excited. Ready to dance like a mad thing and see what on earth they've done with Relic and 404. 

creation-of-33-300x231.png

Now Glast is over and I've almost stopped crying about missing it

I am ready to get proper excited now ?

So if anyone has any recommendations I should check out before we go / see when am there I'd be dead grateful! Send um my way! I love owt I can dance to ?