Boomtown 2019: Chapter 11

vintagelaureate

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Who are the Lion's Den headliners? Lauryn Hill, The Streets and Groove Armada?

Lauryn Hill, The Streets and Chronixx are top of the district poster, with Groove Armada and UB40 on tier 2.

But actually, your assumption seems more correct. If I were to guess, I'd put Chronixx as first up on Friday immediately after the opening show, and then UB40 in a Sunday late afternoon slot. Leaving the 3 you suggested as headliners.

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

60000 capacity? Hopefully it sells out.

Yep, it's 60000 capacity.

Historically, they have usually sold out around Glastonbury weekend, so well on course to sell out around the same time as usual.

Which when you consider the thread suggesting it's days are numbered, isn't really bad going ;) 

1 hour ago, mr flow said:

Yep, it's 60000 capacity.

Historically, they have usually sold out around Glastonbury weekend, so well on course to sell out around the same time as usual.

Which when you consider the thread suggesting it's days are numbered, isn't really bad going ;) 

They sold out earlier last year didn't they - I suppose people like me helped that (Glastonbury regulars who wanted something different to do).

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

They sold out earlier last year didn't they - I suppose people like me helped that (Glastonbury regulars who wanted something different to do).

They sold out of "normal" tickets in February last year.

But then "Boomtown Springs" tickets went on sale in April for double the price. Then in June, there was a "extremely limited resale", but come the morning of the festival 2 months later, it still hadn't sold out.

I think because of the financial difficulties they faced last year there was a bit of ticket fiddling. But it seems to have done the job as they have come back strong this year, steady sales heading for a sell out... with no trickery this time!

29 minutes ago, Sku said:

They sold out of "normal" tickets in February last year.

But then "Boomtown Springs" tickets went on sale in April for double the price. Then in June, there was a "extremely limited resale", but come the morning of the festival 2 months later, it still hadn't sold out.

I think because of the financial difficulties they faced last year there was a bit of ticket fiddling. But it seems to have done the job as they have come back strong this year, steady sales heading for a sell out... with no trickery this time!

Springs  didn't sell out, so they want back into general sale pot. It was still more or less sold out last year.

33 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Springs  didn't sell out, so they want back into general sale pot. It was still more or less sold out last year.

I imagine it must have been pretty damn close, just a few last straggling tickets. Clearly it was enough to balance the books though! Really feel like last year was a watershed moment for the festival, and they've really set up the groundwork for many many more years to come. Here's to that!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Official* trailer coming on Friday to revive the hype. I'm sold.

*are many people being duped by these impostor unofficial trailers?

I didn't even realise there were imposter trailers out there.

Yeah, I have noticed my Boomtown hype has died down abit since they stopped doing the twice a week line up updates.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Tommy101 said:

Enjoying the new Chase & Status album, can see it going down well on the new shiny Relic.

They mixed the whole album last night on "Danny sits in for Annie" on Radio 1 last night. 1.5 hrs into the show.

2 hours ago, jump said:

Millie Manders (who are fantastic live!) has announced their stage times, they are playing on the Friday night at 12.30. Now if only all the other acts could announced their times I could get a clashfinder out.

When do the set times usually get released?

2 hours ago, Sku said:

Looks like most people have received their ticket emails overnight, but they are still being dispatched.

Offcial trailer drops at 1pm today. It's all happening!

Can someone make a new 'It's Happening' ME gif with Nicolas Boom's face please?